The New Raith Rovers Thread

I’m desperate for ‘Eric the Half a Bee’ to be a thing…

La dee dee, one two three,
Aidan Connolly!
A B C D E F G,
Aidan Connolly!

Fiddle de dum, Fiddle de dee,
Aidan Connolly!
Ho ho ho, tee hee hee,
Aidan Connolly!

9 hours ago, Enigma said:

I’m desperate for ‘Eric the Half a Bee’ to be a thing…

La dee dee, one two three,
Aidan Connolly!
A B C D E F G,
Aidan Connolly!

Fiddle de dum, Fiddle de dee,
Aidan Connolly!
Ho ho ho, tee hee hee,
Aidan Connolly!

I love him Carnally.....

16 games in and I’d say we are doing pretty well. Home and away record is identical, 4 wins, 3 draws and 1 loss home and away. 

Also notable that we haven’t kept a clean sheet at home in the league this season but away from home, no team has scored more than one against us in the league. We have also only concerned two goals in the first half as well.  

Edited by Offshore Rover

27 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Remember when their fans battered on about goal difference?

Lovely to see Laurie and Grant’s side dish out a pumping. Looks like 6 actually flattered Falkirk.

36 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Lovely to see Laurie and Grant’s side dish out a pumping. Looks like 6 actually flattered Falkirk.

Genuinely can’t get my head around how Falkirk are so bad they should be walking that league the last 3 seasons and they seem to be getting worse each season. They’ve gates bigger than most of the Championship what are they spending it on. Continue to play like they are and the gates will soon begin to drop, they seem to be an absolute gang on and off the park. 

Edited by San Starko Rover

13 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Genuinely can’t get my head around how Falkirk are so bad they should be walking that league the last 3 seasons and they seem to be getting worse each season. They’ve gates bigger than most of the Championship what are they spending it on. Continue to play like they are and the gates will soon begin to drop, they seem to be an absolute gang on and off the park. 

They’re a fucking basket case. A new squad of players every season and they go through managers like Liz Taylor went through husbands. Down in League One we always had a good few players who had been with us 3/4/5 years. You need that core. Don’t get play offs this season and they’ll sack off whatever chump takes the job after Sheerin and they’ll have somebody in for the start of next season and a brand new squad to carry on the cycle of failure. Honestly, they would be better off at this stage going at least hybrid part time.

Edited by Enigma

You just need to drop down a league to the Falkirk Thread to get an idea of  what a seething mess the club and its fans are in. At least the ones that can still be bothered. Suggestions such as getting Totten back in along with Jim Jeffries being but one! Never mind that they've both been through health scares in recent times. Lots of them shouting for the Accies failure Rice. Basket case indeed and that's just the fans!

Edited by embow

1 minute ago, Lang Toun Lad said:

That could have been us if Sir John McGlynn hadn't been brought back in.

Could easily be us in 2-3 years if he leaves and we appoint another Locke type character.

Edited by Enigma

Could have been? Certainly. But John was the only person who the board were interested in. If he'd declined god knows what might have happened.

Could be? Unlikely.

When the time comes, Laurie and Grant as a possiblity? Even Bene and Berra could be a winning combination? But you never know with any Scottish managerial appointment as many have found to their cost. It's all a great big lucky bag. You just never know what you are getting.

6 minutes ago, embow said:

Could have been? Certainly. But John was the only person who the board were interested in. If he'd declined god knows what might have happened.

Could be? Unlikely.

When the time comes, Laurie and Grant as a possiblity? Even Bene and Berra could be a winning combination? But you never know with any Scottish managerial appointment as many have found to their cost. It's all a great big lucky bag. You just never know what you are getting.

This would be my choice when Sir John and smudger decide to call it a day, however Queens Park could well be a top flight team in 3-4 years time, obviously hoping that our current management team stays for the next 3-4 years.

12 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

This would be my choice when Sir John and smudger decide to call it a day, however Queens Park could well be a top flight team in 3-4 years time, obviously hoping that our current management team stays for the next 3-4 years.

Ellis has actually been getting a bit of stick at Queen's Park in recent times I believe. For the budget and players they have I don't think they've really done that great a job, albeit they've obviously been excellent yesterday. 

Worth mentioning a few Queens Park fans I follow on twitter haven't been happy with results before yesterday. They've had a far higher budget than a many teams but still failed to record many wins. Ellis has seemingly had a few favourites and stuck with them. I'd love for him to be a success, but we shouldn't do it because of the links he has to the club already.