The New Raith Rovers Thread

We need a replacement for Tait, and ideally something in the Steven MacLean mould.  Killie, Partick and ICT will all be looking for that bit of quality to get them over the line also, and Arbroath will be looking to replace Nouble.

If we are still where we are in Jan then it's the biggest transfer window the club has had in 20 odd years.

I’m presuming someone from Newcastle under 23s might be on their way up. McGlynn has been down there on more than one occasion watching them, Dylan Stephenson apparently in particular, but I believe that was before the takeover and then managerial change.

3 minutes ago, kev23 said:

I’m presuming someone from Newcastle under 23s might be on their way up. McGlynn has been down there on more than one occasion watching them, Dylan Stephenson apparently in particular, but I believe that was before the takeover and then managerial change.

Think McGlynn must scout that league fairly often, probably how he knew about Varian for example, Newcastle is probably just the closest place to scout that league from, he’s probably as interested in the opposition as he is in the Newcastle side. Interesting though. Sorry for the rather predictable Gullan shout and while I am a big fan I had to get the obvious one out the way. CM is a more pressing concern with Tait away but I just couldn’t think who…

46 minutes ago, grumswall said:
3 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
Friday night live.

Well that's a bit pish.

It’s perfect for the punters like me who weren’t intending going to the game. Less so for those who were looking forward to a Saturday game in Greenock.

Heard the young team try a version of the Lyndon Dykes ‘Heaven is a Place on Earth’ song at Falkirk. Think it might work a bit better for Ethan Ross…

Ooh baby do you know what it’s worth,

Ethan Ross is the best on earth,

He played for Dunfermline, who gives a f**k,

He’s going to take the Rovers up!

Edited by Enigma

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

Heard the young team try a version of the Lyndon Dykes ‘Heaven is a Place on Earth’ song at Falkirk. Think it might work a bit better for Ethan Ross…

Like it... Slight tweak suggested:

Ooh baby do you know what he’s worth,

Cost us a fortune, we dont give a f**k,

He's scoring the goals to take the Rovers up!

7 hours ago, Enigma said:

How about to Frank Sinatra - I Love You Baby........

Oh John Mcglyyynnn you are the love of my life

Oh John Mcglyyynnn I'd let you shag my wife

Oh John Mcglyyynnn I want a baldy head too

Mcglynn spoke about playing Musonda at CM at the start of the season. He might be the replacement for Tait. It’s probably the only way he’s going to get a regular game, barring injuries to defenders. He’s going to be behind Berra, Lang and Bene for a centre half slot as well as being a second choice full back.

44 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Mcglynn spoke about playing Musonda at CM at the start of the season. He might be the replacement for Tait. It’s probably the only way he’s going to get a regular game, barring injuries to defenders. He’s going to be behind Berra, Lang and Bene for a centre half slot as well as being a second choice full back.

That plan was derailed with Frankie’s injury, but from what JMcG has hinted in interviews, Frankie might well be slotted in there when Tait moves on…except with the great results from positioning of Ross as a #10, that knocks either Matthews or Spencer out and leads to formation questions. I mean, we’d be effectively running a 4-1-1-1-3 or 2-3-1-3-1 for God’s sake.

If Frankie isn’t showing interest in re-signing, I don’t actually expect JMcG to try to work him into the DM/Sweeper role, so the amount of playing time Frankie gets might be a proxy for how well any talks are getting on.

By the same token, with Tumilty free at the end of the season, Frankie could be looked at as the possible replacement at RB, if Tumilty isn’t showing appropriate interest in re-signing. I’d feel a lot better if we got at least one of Tumilty or Musonda signed for next year, as I feel confident either can do well at this level or one higher.