The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Tx is gonna be beside himself if, as I suspect, we see game time tonight for some of the younger lads. Couple of half time subs and a bit of squad rotation and he'll thrash himself into a foam.

Happy to see some play for Mitchell and Arnott, strange Bow wasn’t named to the bench, good enough result…now, let’s rotate this lineup for Saturday…😜

On 29/11/2021 at 21:31, foreverarover said:
On 28/11/2021 at 09:24, San Starko Rover said:
Yes it’s a wee bit worrying and I’m surprised he hasn’t extended yet. Any club that’s likely to be tempted to come in for him and would be tempting for him is unlikely to be put off by paying compensation.  McGlynn seems to enjoy Raith and is along with Campbell a manager who could probably survive being relegated and get a chance the following season as the fans have faith in him.  I’m interested who would be realistic to go for him and be tempting for him. Hearts obviously but he got burned last time and made the scapegoat during their financial crash, Hibs no chance.  Aberdeen, Motherwell and the Dundee Teams seem the only clubs in Scotland that I think could tempt him. The other top flight clubs while he’d get a better deal than Raith are risky as a few bad results and you’re facing the sack. Hopefully we keep him and get a new contract signed, between Sim, the board and McGlynn we’re clearly looking up for the first time in a very long time they clearly have ambitions of top flight football for the club. 

I'm still convinced that Christophe Berra came here to take over the management roll with Paul Smith.

Not an impossibility but I’d be interested in why you think this.

Not an impossibility but I’d be interested in why you think this.
I just thought that yes the two year deal was a part of him signing, something else must have been offered to tempt him away from hearts. If he is still coaching at Hearts as people say, it seems a bit strange a full time player is still coaching at another club. Broadening his experience for future ventures. [emoji848]

5 hours ago, TxRover said:

Happy to see some play for Mitchell and Arnott, strange Bow wasn’t named to the bench, good enough result…now, let’s rotate this lineup for Saturday…😜

Turns out Bow is out indefinitely with a knee injury...good thing we didn’t have to try out Frankie at keeper!

10 hours ago, foreverarover said:

I just thought that yes the two year deal was a part of him signing, something else must have been offered to tempt him away from hearts. If he is still coaching at Hearts as people say, it seems a bit strange a full time player is still coaching at another club. Broadening his experience for future ventures. emoji848.png

It was more the reason you thought it'd be Berra and Smudger that caught my eye. I think when one retires the other will go too. They are almost the same age, I'm sure John is 60 this month and Smudger's 60 next year,

14 hours ago, foreverarover said:

I just thought that yes the two year deal was a part of him signing, something else must have been offered to tempt him away from hearts. If he is still coaching at Hearts as people say, it seems a bit strange a full time player is still coaching at another club. Broadening his experience for future ventures. emoji848.png

I'd be doubtful if Christophe was to still be coaching at Hearts. He may be, but given how he was sidelined by Neilson last year it may be a good reason for leaving. I would think it unlikely he's involved there. Plus he is full time with us.

Edited by embow

Just now, Brashy's Boots said:
37 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Well that's that gubbed. I can remember when we were the last unbeaten team in UK and Grandstand cameras (I think) came to Stark's to make a feature. We got beat that day, by Clydebank, I think. It was a very long time ago.

We got beat 0-2 by Queens Park that day.

7 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
44 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Well that's that gubbed. I can remember when we were the last unbeaten team in UK and Grandstand cameras (I think) came to Stark's to make a feature. We got beat that day, by Clydebank, I think. It was a very long time ago.

The Bankies ended the 92-93 run in a midweek December evening fixture, if my memory is still ok.

16 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
52 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I had it in my head we were the last unbeaten team in Britain about 86/87 or so, and Grandstand done a feature on us that featured an interview with Andy Leigh, then Meadowbank beat us at Stark’s Park that afternoon. 

There is every chance I’m slavering though. 

Edited by McGuigan1978

I had it in my head we were the last unbeaten team in Britain about 86/87 or so, and Grandstand done a feature on us that featured an interview with Andy Leigh, then Meadowbank beat us at Stark’s Park that afternoon. 

There is every chance I’m slavering though. 
We're all slavering. There's one for the lightbox. It's an age thing.