The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Was buzzing with the tie… then googled their stadium! Absolutely gutted. 

Even if we get 300 tickets and we have a ballot for season ticket holders, it’s unlikely the folk you want to go with will get one as well! 

They'd be mental to hold it at their ground tbh.  

8 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

They'd be mental to hold it at their ground tbh.  

Hopefully they move it (as long as it’s still a Saturday!). But it would still be disappointing if it was cove (their ground is brutal as well for watching football) as I was hoping for a new ground!

Arbroath fan in peace. You got the draw I was desperate for. I live in Aberdeen and have been to Spain Park quite a few times as my kids play football there every so often, I also used to work round the corner so, unfortunately, I know the area quite well. It's a nice wee ground actually, although "wee" is the main problem.

Allegedly it holds 850+ but I think that's generous. There's a tiny, off-centre, elevated stand that holds about 100 that has great views, and two very small covered terrace areas shoe-horned between the pitch and railway line (sound familiar?). Aside from that, I can't see where anymore than a few dozen other fans could stand.

Another problem is the grounds location (still better than Cove) - it's on the border of sprawling industrial estates and Tory, one of Aberdeen's less salubrious areas. There are literally zero pubs or restaurants within walking distance (technically everywhere is within walking distance, but you know what I mean). It's right next to a Tesco, Halfords and Greggs so if a carry out, spare inner tube and a steak bake is your thing then you're sorted. ETA I forgot there’s also a costa and Lidl very near.

Alternatively drink/eat in the city centre and a 20ish minute bus jouney is the best bet. If driving, there's plenty on-street parking as the industrial estates are empty at the weekend. Pretty jealous tbf.

Edited by Tattie36

I can’t be arsed trying to find a thread for tonight on the cup forum, if there even is one?

Mass changes apparently, which is good. We have some form of depth in the squad now so can ring the changes without losing too much quality. Don’t care about the score, just no injuries would do me.

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I can’t be arsed trying to find a thread for tonight on the cup forum, if there even is one?

Mass changes apparently, which is good. We have some form of depth in the squad now so can ring the changes without losing too much quality. Don’t care about the score, just no injuries would do me.

There's a thread running in the Domestic Cup Football Forum.