The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 hours ago, pub car king said:

When will tumilty serve his ban in the cupnor the league? 

3 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Ideally, it'll be the challenge cup game - don't think it'll be the case but that would be perfect. 

3 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Hes suspended for the next round of the cup 

Bans are competition specific unless a straight red for violent conduct.

4 hours ago, Enigma said:

Just me that’s starting to get a bit worried we’ve not got him tied down on a contract beyond the summer?

Aye but he said when he came back the only club he was going to manage was us. Granted if a bigger club came in again with a role similar to what he was going at Celtic came up then you never know. But come on man. Just ousted that sorry lot out the cup and you’re getting worried about when McGlynn finally decides to leave?

He seems more committed than ever before, but I will say that the board should be asking the question and offering a lifetime contract ASAP. 😂

13 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Anyone able to tell me when we last went 12 games unbeaten?

13 hours ago, true_rover said:

Off the top of my head, I think we got to 14 or 15 at the end of the McKinnon season.

That was 12 games too.

DA233E1D-D331-4E0D-8274-26529E26CDA9.png

6 hours ago, Enigma said:

Just me that’s starting to get a bit worried we’ve not got him tied down on a contract beyond the summer?

Yes it’s a wee bit worrying and I’m surprised he hasn’t extended yet. Any club that’s likely to be tempted to come in for him and would be tempting for him is unlikely to be put off by paying compensation.  McGlynn seems to enjoy Raith and is along with Campbell a manager who could probably survive being relegated and get a chance the following season as the fans have faith in him.  I’m interested who would be realistic to go for him and be tempting for him. Hearts obviously but he got burned last time and made the scapegoat during their financial crash, Hibs no chance.  Aberdeen, Motherwell and the Dundee Teams seem the only clubs in Scotland that I think could tempt him. The other top flight clubs while he’d get a better deal than Raith are risky as a few bad results and you’re facing the sack. Hopefully we keep him and get a new contract signed, between Sim, the board and McGlynn we’re clearly looking up for the first time in a very long time they clearly have ambitions of top flight football for the club. 

Edited by San Starko Rover

Yes it’s a wee bit worrying and I’m surprised he hasn’t extended yet. Any club that’s likely to be tempted to come in for him and would be tempting for him is unlikely to be put off by paying compensation.  McGlynn seems to enjoy Raith and is along with Campbell a manager who could probably survive being relegated and get a chance the following season as the fans have faith in him.  I’m interested who would be realistic to go for him and be tempting for him. Hearts obviously but he got burned last time and made the scapegoat during their financial crash, Hibs no chance.  Aberdeen, Motherwell and the Dundee Teams seem the only clubs in Scotland that I think could tempt him. The other top flight clubs while he’d get a better deal than Raith are risky as a few bad results and you’re facing the sack. Hopefully we keep him and get a new contract signed, between Sim, the board and McGlynn we’re clearly looking up for the first time in a very long time they clearly have ambitions of top flight football for the club. 
I'm still convinced that Christophe Berra came here to take over the management roll with Paul Smith.