The New Raith Rovers Thread

Any move to new ground as unlikely as it is would have to be to a stadium/complex that would work 7 days a week as a facility that does so much more than football. Such as office space restaurants and shops with a shitload of parking and access to public transport. 

It would be a huge undertaken that bigger clubs than the rovers would struggle with. Unless we have a decade in the top flight and substantially larger crowds we are stating put. 

Sim is growing what we have a d trying to make the best of it. It's taken about 15 years to replace broken seats so progress isn't going to be rapid. The new portacabin is a huge step and shows the ambition. The ground needs sustained investment as well as maintenance they must be considering the pitch again as I'm sure it has a lifespan of 7 years and has been down what 3 years?

16 minutes ago, dysartrovers said:

Struggling to get tickets today. The Falkirk website not allowing me to create a new account to purchase them

Not giving a guarantee on it, but when I was on the phone to Falkirk earlier in the week, they said there would be a cash gate for remaining tickets.

28 minutes ago, dysartrovers said:

Struggling to get tickets today. The Falkirk website not allowing me to create a new account to purchase them

11 minutes ago, true_rover said:

Not giving a guarantee on it, but when I was on the phone to Falkirk earlier in the week, they said there would be a cash gate for remaining tickets.

On 24/11/2021 at 14:28, Grant228 said:

We had a bounce in attendances after the admin period, our attendances have largely settled now. 

Depends what you define as a few years, since 2009? We've spent the same amount of time in the Championship bar our one season in the Premier, which wasn't great for growing the fanbase unsurprisingly. 

You still had the North West and the main stand. 

There was undoubtedly more tickets sold than attendees, but if you think that the difference is so large that both clubs are pulling the same numbers you're a bit deluded tbf. 

I've no idea why Raith struggle for numbers, you'd probably be best going over each clubs average attendance and seing when they started to split off. Dunfermline is one of the fastest growing towns in Britain at the moment which does help, however its unlikely people are moving to Dunfermline without already have allegiances in place. There's a plethora of Hearts and Hibs fans in the town, and it's not like they're a far journey. 

Not anywhere did I mention that I thought Raith and Dunfermline pull in  similar crowds. I was pointing out though that the recent  derby there was no where near 3500 home fans. The section next to us was fairly full but I am assuming that it only holds 1000, the Norrie stand was very sparse with the main stand not even half full and no doubt that includes media, players and their family directors and there invited guests.

14 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I remember a scenario just a couple of years ago, where the club attempted to attract fans from Glenrothes by providing a subsidised bus and ticket option, and no-one was interested. 

I really don’t think Glenrothes is the “untapped potential” that’s it’s currently regarded. 

Glenrothes is an OldFirm hotbed. Wasn’t it a Glasgow spillover for Miners. If not I apologise. 

13 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Glenrothes is an OldFirm hotbed. Wasn’t it a Glasgow spillover for Miners. If not I apologise. 

Aye more or less; not so much Glasgow but mostly from the Lanarkshire and Ayrshire coalfields, specially when Rothes opened.

1 hour ago, Raith_Raver said:

Aye more or less; not so much Glasgow but mostly from the Lanarkshire and Ayrshire coalfields, specially when Rothes opened.

Thanks for that. I think when Glenrothes was created it was originally for people from that area, mostly OF and kinda stayed that way. 

2 hours ago, Frankly, Mr Shankly said:

Bit late on the topic, but I don’t know who would actually be with Raith leaving Stark’s.

I'm sorry to say but I would not be against leaving SP and I grew up with SP as a neighbour. For me we need to become self sufficient so being able to use a stadium 7 days a week and having facilities for conferences or social functions is important. Other clubs are also able to bring in some cash from concerts, look at Falkirk. What I wouldn't want though is a half finished stadium.