The New Raith Rovers Thread

10 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

C’ mon you’re the one who wants us to move! You’ve got to back it up.  I’m the one who thinks we should stay, I need convinced.  Here I’ll help you.

Raith Rovers should move their stadium away from Pratt Street Kirkcaldy to the bypass because…………….

I'm sorry that my opinion that moving up to the north of the town when we had the opportunity was a good idea has caused you such consternation and anxiety.

Can you quote where I said I want us to move?

Edited by Raith_Raver

21 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I remember a scenario just a couple of years ago, where the club attempted to attract fans from Glenrothes by providing a subsidised bus and ticket option, and no-one was interested. 

I really don’t think Glenrothes is the “untapped potential” that’s it’s currently regarded. 

This

13 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Why are you so obsessive about a dead issue?

Obsessive 😂 get a grip, it’s a discussion of Raith Rovers. 

Sorry your move was “past tense”.  Moving to the outskirts of Kirkcaldy does nothing for the club, there’s no untapped fan base in Glenrothes that’ll suddenly be supporting us, building a new stadium is a good idea but it needs to be built in an area that’s relatively close to the Centre.  Teams that moved away from their traditional homes did so because they sold the land for £s and for no other reason. 

Edited by San Starko Rover

28 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

I'm sorry that my opinion that moving up to the north of the town when we had the opportunity was a good idea has caused you such consternation and anxiety.

Just seen this edit 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

“consternation and anxiety”

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

12 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Obsessive 😂 get a grip, it’s a discussion of Raith Rovers. 

Sorry your move was “past tense”.  Moving to the outskirts of Kirkcaldy does nothing for the club, there’s no untapped fan base in Glenrothes that’ll suddenly be supporting us, building a new stadium is a good idea but it needs to be built in an area that’s relatively close to the Centre.  Teams that moved away from their traditional homes did so because they sold the land for £s and for no other reason. 

Once again you're offering your opinion as fact. The fact is, we'll never know, neither you nor I. It's well past being too late to care; I have my thoughts on the matter and you have yours, you should accepted that at the beginning.

How do you know moving to the outskirts of kirkcaldy would do nothing for the club?Thats  guess work

Kirkcaldy aint big and from say Starks Park to the outskirts its probable a mile and a half,two miles,hardly an inconvience and quite possibly more convienent for others

Followed the Rovers since the 60,s and yes see Starks Park as home but thats sentimental tosh.Sadly Starks has seen its days

Nothing can be done with the Main Stand and enclosure,,behind the dug and Railway Stand are virtually derelict

Edited by Rovers_Lad

3 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

How do you know moving to the outskirts of kirkcaldy would do nothing for the club?Thats  guess work

Kirkcaldy aint big and from say Starks Park to the outskirts its probable a mile and a half,two miles,hardly an inconvience and quite possibly more convienent for others

Followed the Rovers since the 60,s and yes see Starks Park as home but thats sentimental tosh.Sadly Starks has seen its days

Nothing can be done with the Main Stand and enclosure,,behind the dug and Railway Stand are virtually derelict

f**k me we’ve just had hours of me and Raith_Raver debating this pish 😂.  Have a read back through but to summarise it’s all opinion on both sides. 

have a good night 😜

Pre-match drinks at the top of the town doesn’t seem appealing and that alone is enough for me.

Still laugh at the fact that we were sponsored by Jackie O. Seemed fitting given some of the characters in that team. Even funnier when you think Kelly’s Copiers ditched us as sponsors when we were relegated from the Premier the previous season and missed out on the wall-to-wall coverage that came along with our win. No luck.