The New Raith Rovers Thread

Anyone doubting what Varian brings to the table needs to watch that first goal back from Saturday.  Takes 2 men out the game to free up space for Connolly.
It's impossible for teams to double up on our attacking players, as there are so much of them [emoji38]

I like having a read of forums of opposition fans and listening to podcasts from other teams. The last two weeks I've seen an Accoes fan of 18 years say that he left a game early as he gave up hope. The Morton fans on their podcast were asking "how come they can play a tiki taka style and we can't? They're the best footballing team in the league".

There's still so much to play for but I've got complete faith in the management and squad. At times, we're outrageously good. But we're also not afraid to roll the sleeves up. It's been fucking great to watch these players at grounds across Scotland. Throw in the national team and 2021 has been thoroughly enjoyable in footballing terms for the most part (Scotland's capitulation at the Euros aside).

On 22/11/2021 at 00:40, 1320Lichtie said:

Raith still best team I’ve seen us play made us look hopeless. Kind of hoping for a shite day weather wise in 2 weeks time to be honest because Raith looked very good ball on deck. Shite weather and us launching it up at you seems like it could be useful.

Berra is having a great season.  Launch away, he doesn't miss many headers.

On 21/11/2021 at 12:03, Offshore Rover said:

I agree with this. But when people see that streams are the same as walk up prices they immediately complain! Can’t win either way. 

I have enjoyed the streams the past year or so, handy for the few away games that I can’t make

You can buy a day pass for Sky on NowTV for £10. If you have a dodgy box you pay nothing. That’s what you’re up against. Start charging £20 and more people will look for a way of avoiding paying. Keep it reasonable and you get some money in.

I’ve a season ticket. I’ve only watched the Inverness home game on Raith TV but if it’s a day when it’s baltic I may take them up again.

Edited by Scary Bear

On 21/11/2021 at 11:40, 1320Lichtie said:

Raith still best team I’ve seen us play made us look hopeless. Kind of hoping for a shite day weather wise in 2 weeks time to be honest because Raith looked very good ball on deck. Shite weather and us launching it up at you seems like it could be useful.

You could always depend on a decent launch in Arbroath in days gone by. Seamlessly slipping into the sea.

Could be either the fitba' or the boatyard.😉

Arbroath fans will hope for shite weather then get a chip on their shoulder when you say that the conditions play quite a big part in any result they may get, bizarre. 
Our threads just tend to be them talking about winning the league at Starks Park with about 10 games to go against our injury ravaged side. That and one edgy guy taking the piss out of Vaughan.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Arbroath fans will hope for shite weather then get a chip on their shoulder when you say that the conditions play quite a big part in any result they may get, bizarre. 

No. It’s frustrating when it’s like we only win at home because of the weather, when it’s only bad a few times a year. Also this Raith team are a proper footballing team, no other side come close to being as good as they are with the ball on the deck in this league the last 3 year. Shite conditions could actually genuinely help us.

59 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

No. It’s frustrating when it’s like we only win at home because of the weather, when it’s only bad a few times a year. Also this Raith team are a proper footballing team, no other side come close to being as good as they are with the ball on the deck in this league the last 3 year. Shite conditions could actually genuinely help us.

The forecast is a mild breeze. 😃

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

The last three or four times we've been to Gayfield its been bad, any mention of that in the post match thread and all the smokie fans get right upset, it's absolutely bizarre. 

Home advantage is home advantage, play to your strengths etc. 

The last three or four times we've been to Gayfield its been bad, any mention of that in the post match thread and all the smokie fans get right upset, it's absolutely bizarre. 

Weirdly, we've not had one team or fan base come out and blame our artificial surface if they've lost at Stark's. I definitely thought we'd have had a few by now.

13 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:
22 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Weirdly, we've not had one team or fan base come out and blame our artificial surface if they've lost at Stark's. I definitely thought we'd have had a few by now.

It’s because it’s actually great. 😂

Would never be able to play the way we play now if it was the old grass surface, was like a tattie field by the time it got to this time of year….

1 hour ago, embow said:

Good news going forward. A semblance of normality after twenty months.🤗

https://www.raithrovers.net/51347/return-of-the-raith-suite.htm

I agree, good sign the main stand will be in operation soon. Looked at the hospitality offer for my Dad and Uncle. Ended up with a sore head trying to keep up with the video. The Raith TV guy must be buzzing on some volume of energy juice. Slow it down lads.

ETA someone has been listening, much better/slower now, cheers

Edited by Always next quarter