The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It's not just the side of the crowd it's the lack of atmosphere also. The last few games have been so flat. 

Hard in all seater stadiums though it really is. 4200 at Killie yesterday and it was flat too. 1400 at Gayfield last Saturday and it was just so much better, sounds so cliche but in recent weeks the second half under the lights have been fantastic too. Even coming as an away fan a month or so back as soon as I sat down and we weren’t playing great I just couldn’t be arsed 😂

As someone who lives 40 odd mile from Starks Park these days I'm loving being able to stream the games. Driving a 80 mile round trip, not being able to have a drink and sitting myself in the cold for 2 hours or sitting in my warm house with a beer, with football on laptop and horse racing and sky sprts news on TV in background? It is a no contest really. I agree the price of streams should go up. They should cost the same as tne entrance fee to the ground imo. 

33 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Hard in all seater stadiums though it really is. 4200 at Killie yesterday and it was flat too. 1400 at Gayfield last Saturday and it was just so much better, sounds so cliche but in recent weeks the second half under the lights have been fantastic too. Even coming as an away fan a month or so back as soon as I sat down and we weren’t playing great I just couldn’t be arsed 😂

Yeah looking forward to getting up there in a couple of weeks. Should be a great atmosphere that day. 

5 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Yeah looking forward to getting up there in a couple of weeks. Should be a great atmosphere that day. 

Hopefully. Segregation been changed so we get pleash end now and right up the whole sea side terrace. Raith fans will get harbour end up to the corner flag. At the Ayr game a month or so back was a lot of good GIRFUYs in the second half from both sets of fans, both goals in the second half with fans right next to each other. Instead of the half and half it’s been before. 

Raith still best team I’ve seen us play made us look hopeless. Kind of hoping for a shite day weather wise in 2 weeks time to be honest because Raith looked very good ball on deck. Shite weather and us launching it up at you seems like it could be useful.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

50 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

I agree the price of streams should go up. They should cost the same as tne entrance fee to the ground imo. 

I agree with this. But when people see that streams are the same as walk up prices they immediately complain! Can’t win either way. 

I have enjoyed the streams the past year or so, handy for the few away games that I can’t make

When there was no option due to Covid then there was just cause for pricing something at below the match day admission cost. Sitting with a tv stream will never be as good as being there in person (IMO) and if the stream was dodgy (Pixalot quality) then there's no way you could justify paying the same.

Now you have the chance to attend in person I can see no reason for having it cheaper, especially when some folks are watching it in groups and some are even watching pirate streams on things like IPTV. I know last season when we couldn't get to away games I paid for the away streams and my son and I watched games. We were saving a tidy amount, no travelling costs and only one admission fee, that's still the case if you want to sit in the comfort of your living room or cant't make a long journey to places like Dumfries or midweek to Inverness. In those cases (though I'd still travel) with the money saved in travel costs I'd happily pay for the entrance fee for a stream.

The flip side is there must be a reasonable amount of people, particularly away fans, who buy a decently priced stream but would have no intention of attending in person. For example, the Killie and QoS streams are much cheaper than gate prices and might attract people who don't have the time or inclination to travel to those games. 

I suspect the reluctance of some to attend crowded events is more of a factor than streams. 

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

Yeah if I called the shots I’d have a pixalot steam and charge the same as a match day ticket. It shouldn’t be an attractive option compared to being there in the flesh.

Disagree, with caveats.

1) The RaithTV coverage consistently gets plaudits from opposing fans, and the quality has been key to gaining a decent sized international subscription base. Downgrading the coverage would be a huge step back…and a slap in the face of the international fans.

2) A geo-defined option seems a decent idea, but VPN’s make that literally pointless. That being said, allowing persons with home addresses more than say 100 miles to purchase a video Season Ticket, at say 75% of ST cost, and with an option to attend a match for £5 extra per match attended, might be attractive to those unable to commonly attend.

3) The problems with broadcasting the games into England are likely actually costing us a little money as some subscribers will quit.

4) The known quality of RaithTV has attracted opposition fan purchase of the PPV, generally from people who would not attend in person, hence providing “free” or “extra” income.

5) Every PPV purchase and/or subscription provides an email address that the club can file and use in the future. For instance, let’s say an ICT fan buys the PPV…then for the second game at Starks Park, the club could email a reminder that the PPV will be available on Friday night or Saturday morning, if that email address hasn’t bought the PPV. By then the decision to attend has already been made, but you could pickup a few extra PPV purchases for buttons.

Looking at our squad and see the following players can sign PCAs in January/leave on a free at the end of the season:

Arnott, Bow, Coulson, Mahady, McKay, Musonda, Riley-Snow, Spencer, Tumilty

I can't comment too much on any of the younger players as I've not really seen them play but I would imagine Arnott is a certainty to be offered a new contract whilst Coulson seems to be getting more game time than Mahady is managing at Cowden who currently sit 10th in League 2. 

I would like to see us offer Tumilty, Spencer and Musonda (in that priority order) new contracts and you would think McGlynn is way ahead of us in terms of that thinking. It could be a case of course that they are waiting to see which league we are in next season before committing but wouldn't grudge any of them a step up. I think Musonda is probably the least likely to have a queue of clubs waiting to sign him but that's due to his lengthy spell on the sidelines rather than any slight on his ability. 

Not fussed about keeping McKay or Riley-Snow. I don't think either will be offered new contracts with League 1 probably being a better level for them both. 

4 hours ago, ListerRRFC said:

Looking at our squad and see the following players can sign PCAs in January/leave on a free at the end of the season:

I can't comment too much on any of the younger players as I've not really seen them play but I would imagine Arnott is a certainty to be offered a new contract whilst Coulson seems to be getting more game time than Mahady is managing at Cowden who currently sit 10th in League 2. 

I would like to see us offer Tumilty, Spencer and Musonda (in that priority order) new contracts and you would think McGlynn is way ahead of us in terms of that thinking. It could be a case of course that they are waiting to see which league we are in next season before committing but wouldn't grudge any of them a step up. I think Musonda is probably the least likely to have a queue of clubs waiting to sign him but that's due to his lengthy spell on the sidelines rather than any slight on his ability. 

Not fussed about keeping McKay or Riley-Snow. I don't think either will be offered new contracts with League 1 probably being a better level for them both. 

Tumilty and Spencer have to be top of the list for me. Like you say. Musonda has a history of injury. But since he’s come back, he hasn’t put a foot wrong

6 hours ago, ListerRRFC said:

Incorrect list. At the end of this season, only the following six players are free:

Bene, McKay, Musonda, Riley-Snow, Spencer and Tumilty.

Edited by TxRover

Offer deals to Tumilty, Musonda, Spencer, Coulson and Arnott. I think a lot of teams will be interested in the first three, but hopefully realise that every single one of the players who left us last summer, with the exception of Hendry (who has been dropped to the bench for the last few games) and Ugwu (who has been injured a fair amount), have become a bit part players at their new clubs. 

11 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Offer deals to Tumilty, Musonda, Spencer, Coulson and Arnott. I think a lot of teams will be interested in the first three, but hopefully realise that every single one of the players who left us last summer, with the exception of Hendry (who has been dropped to the bench for the last few games) and Ugwu (who has been injured a fair amount), have become a bit part players at their new clubs. 

I noticed Hendry had been an unused sub the last couple of matches. 

He'd be a fine replacement for Tait when he moves in January..... 

3 minutes ago, rodricoh said:

Just been on the falkirk site to get a ticket for Saturday and it said North Stand was sold out 13 minutes before. Plenty seats in the main stand but don't fancy  sitting with the falkirk fans.

I just picked up 2 no problem.

Edit - I used a link on Rovers site. https://falkirkfc.tickethour.co.uk/privateSales.html?deepLink=102&hash=gYXUITyCkLk9UetC3tzGdIp84lc1590

Edited by CALDERON

Anyone doubting what Varian brings to the table needs to watch that first goal back from Saturday.  Takes 2 men out the game to free up space for Connolly.

It's impossible for teams to double up on our attacking players, as there are so much of them :lol: