The New Raith Rovers Thread

You can never rule anything out of course, but Livingston have loads of strikers and have three of them loaded out currently. I doubt they'll recall Poplatnik unless necessary. 

Someone on here nicknamed him The Flake, which was brilliant.

Agree another poor attendance.Its must be deflating for the club that we cant pull in at least 2k with a team who in the main are playing  good football and flying high in the league.Although I,m with you on increasing  the stream price not so sure it would bring in a whole lot more to the games on a Saturday.Seem to be a total apathy from kdy/fife public unless its a local derby/ big game when the cant be bothered,s turn up

What was the attendance given as today? I wasn't there due to illness, but honestly, we don't have a core fan base above 2k anymore. We haven't for quite a while now. Raising the stream prices won't do much. Alot of people still don't want to be in crowded places etc.

19 minutes ago, grumswall said:

What was the attendance given as today? I wasn't there due to illness, but honestly, we don't have a core fan base above 2k anymore. We haven't for quite a while now. Raising the stream prices won't do much. Alot of people still don't want to be in crowded places etc.

1600 odds

18 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Crowd was 1650 and your right, still some folk avoiding crowds. When the streams stop I do think it will increase attendance slightly 

Just now, Been going too long said:

Crowd was 1650 and your right, still some folk avoiding crowds. When the streams stop I do think it will increase attendance slightly 

Aye, pretty sure crowds are down everywhere. Last two away games: QoS was 980 and Hamilton was 1303... say 100-200 of us for the Dumfries trio, 300-350 for Hamilton

I’d agree, I’d love us to get better home attendances but I’m not sure it’s a realistic proposition. I wasn’t there today, I’m on holiday, but I watched on the stream. I’d be interested to see what the average age of our season ticket holders is. It’s a sad fact of life that more and more young people need to work weekends with their work. I’ve worked the majority of Saturday’s for the last decade - it prevents me from getting a season ticket and from attending most home games. I now do the schedules at work so can pick and choose my games, within reason, as I see fit. I’d far rather choose to give myself weekends off that coincide with away days - I have the Falkirk and Arbroath days off - as it’s such a better use of my time than attending a home game. 

im in the market for a Monday - Friday job but they are few and far between if I want to maintain or improve my current salary - I imagine a lot of people, mostly young people, are in the same position. 

1 hour ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Agree another poor attendance.Its must be deflating for the club that we cant pull in at least 2k with a team who in the main are playing  good football and flying high in the league.Although I,m with you on increasing  the stream price not so sure it would bring in a whole lot more to the games on a Saturday.Seem to be a total apathy from kdy/fife public unless its a local derby/ big game when the cant be bothered,s turn up

Its £20 to get in, it’s baltic and we huffed and puffed to a win. 1600 crowd is decent enough.

I wouldn't say there's many more less than pre-pandemic for us. It's frustrating as at times we're a fucking great team to watch. There's far too much of an attitude of distain towards going to games from people in Scotland. Most of the time, you mention about how you support your local team and get a "I'd never do that with mine. They're shite". You'll obviously get people who rule it out with work as Hank Scorpio says, but there's a lot of folk who outright refuse to go. What doesn't help is that the cost creeps up (as does everything with inflation) while the wages for your average person remain the same.