The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 hours ago, Lang Toun Lad said:

I have to ask, how can it be that both Scotland and Raith are playing well? I'm not used to this feeling!

As long as I can remember both have been pretty hard to watch with the odd stint of relief thrown in but I haven't enjoyed watching the football this much in a long time!

Steve Clarke obviously spends his Saturdays studying Rovers.

Expect Coulson to get some decent game time between now and end of his loan.  Mo Ross mentioned in his post match interview how much of a talent he is.  Be good to see him and Mahady stay until end of the season and get some proper experience now that Bollan is away.

7 minutes ago, Rover1990 said:

Expect Coulson to get some decent game time between now and end of his loan.  Mo Ross mentioned in his post match interview how much of a talent he is.  Be good to see him and Mahady stay until end of the season and get some proper experience now that Bollan is away.

Not sure the Cowden fans agree.

1 minute ago, renton said:

Not sure the Cowden fans agree.

Yeh seen that on their thread.  Bollans tactics were horrible though so just got to hope that Ross improves the team and they can show something.  Tbf don't think many Cowden players outwith Gill, Renton and Buchanan have looked good up till now so it's some job he's got on his hands.  

On 16/11/2021 at 00:34, Lang Toun Lad said:

I have to ask, how can it be that both Scotland and Raith are playing well? I'm not used to this feeling!

As long as I can remember both have been pretty hard to watch with the odd stint of relief thrown in but I haven't enjoyed watching the football this much in a long time!

You are certainly not alone in your thinking as I remarked on the same thing twice, firstly on they way back from Hamilton then again on Monday night on the way home. Strange times indeed but long may it continue, after years of looking at dung it's nice to see the better side of things appearing.

Reading back through the previous pages I can only agree with most of what's been said.

I think losing Tait in January is almost nailed on and I feel it leaves too big a gap for BRS and Arnott to fill. 

Poplatnik or/and Varian may also be recalled to their parent clubs, if we lose one or both then they'd have to be replaced.

But replacing lost squad members mightn't cut it. This January will be a serious test of our owner/boards ambition. I honestly think as a club we do want promotion (as the board  have proven with the acquisition of Ethan Ross) but to do so, then we have to keep on investing by continuing to add to the squad not just replacing lost components. I fear if we don't it could be costly as I'm sure that other clubs like Partick and even Killie will be dipping into the January transfer market. to strengthen their squads, if you want an example just think back to what the Pars did in bringing in the two Perth Saints when they did and we finished 2nd.

Stephen Kelly was mentioned earlier and he could be a good replacement for Tait as could Ben Williamson who IMO was quite impressive at Arbroath last season but seems this season to be struggling for game time at Livvi. All in all I'm not too worried as I'm sure the gaffer will be looking at various options. One addition I would still like to see is the return of Gullan but wouldn't be surprised if he still ends up at Rugby Park.

1 hour ago, Scottydog said:

You are certainly not alone in your thinking as I remarked on the same thing twice, firstly on they way back from Hamilton then again on Monday night on the way home. Strange times indeed but long may it continue, after years of looking at dung it's nice to see the better side of things appearing.

Reading back through the previous pages I can only agree with most of what's been said.

I think losing Tait in January is almost nailed on and I feel it leaves too big a gap for BRS and Arnott to fill. 

Poplatnik or/and Varian may also be recalled to their parent clubs, if we lose one or both then they'd have to be replaced.

But replacing lost squad members mightn't cut it. This January will be a serious test of our owner/boards ambition. I honestly think as a club we do want promotion (as the board  have proven with the acquisition of Ethan Ross) but to do so, then we have to keep on investing by continuing to add to the squad not just replacing lost components. I fear if we don't it could be costly as I'm sure that other clubs like Partick and even Killie will be dipping into the January transfer market. to strengthen their squads, if you want an example just think back to what the Pars did in bringing in the two Perth Saints when they did and we finished 2nd.

Stephen Kelly was mentioned earlier and he could be a good replacement for Tait as could Ben Williamson who IMO was quite impressive at Arbroath last season but seems this season to be struggling for game time at Livvi. All in all I'm not too worried as I'm sure the gaffer will be looking at various options. One addition I would still like to see is the return of Gullan but wouldn't be surprised if he still ends up at Rugby Park.

Livi have indicated no interest in recalling Pops.

Musonda at DM seems deferred until at least January, but he slots ahead of Arnott and BRS.

Matthews role is now Ross’s to lose.

Varian we have no indication if Stoke will recall him, but at 60 minutes a week, what would they gain?

I dislike Musonda at LB, but I like him getting game time…just not at the expense of Dick. I’d prefer to see Musonda play in Tait’s role for a game or two, as I don’t think Tait is staying beyond January.

Calderon I agree with your assessment of Musonda on Saturday but bearing in mind they were not the best opposition we have faced this year. I would like to see him against a wide player who is playing with a bit of form then make an assessment. There again Dik will be bak and we may not have that scenario. Onwards and upwards. 👍

32 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Musonda absolutely breezed his way through the game at left back on Saturday.

But Dick is left sided to Musonda being right sided. Put Musonda to cover Tumilty’s spot and  I’m happier.

31 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I would rather we played Tait while we have him rather than trial other options. It looks as though once he goes we'll stick with Spencer and Matthews in the middle with Ross playing off the centre forward. 

I would expect Musonda to be tried in the Tait role first, but agree on Ross as a 10.

10 minutes ago, steakngravy said:

Calderon I agree with your assessment of Musonda on Saturday but bearing in mind they were not the best opposition we have faced this year. I would like to see him against a wide player who is playing with a bit of form then make an assessment. There again Dik will be bak and we may not have that scenario. Onwards and upwards. 👍

Hard to tell if JMcG considers Musonda to have displaced Duck for now, but he did seem to indicate the experiment of Musonda at DM is off for now. Also, looks like Lang starts before Bene.

I think we could see a Dario Zanatta back to Hearts then back on loan to us again type scenario with Tait and Hibs. Would expect him to go to Hibs at the start of January but wouldn’t be overly surprised to see him back again by the end of the month. 

I think we could see a Dario Zanatta back to Hearts then back on loan to us again type scenario with Tait and Hibs. Would expect him to go to Hibs at the start of January but wouldn’t be overly surprised to see him back again by the end of the month. 

No game for them between January 3rd and January 22nd so would be very surprised if Tait isn’t flying out to some training camp. Equally I’d be surprised if he stays at Easter Road for the rest of the season, he’s better off playing every week here (or dare I say it, another Championship club…) than getting the odd five minutes here and there.

I’m sure McGlynn will be preparing for all eventualities. Even if he fancies Musonda in CM he’s clearly going to be a different type of midfielder to Dylan Tait.

3 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I felt that way right after the loan back was announced…now, IDK. Dylan has shown himself to be very involved in most of our scoring, looking back we see a pass or two that contributed, etc. if he gets a game at Hibs, I could see him becoming a near automatic starter because of his contribution. Look how quickly he became an everyday starter here once he got a small chance.

I like Tait, got his chance here and showed his ability and has reap the rewards getting a move to Hibs. I think he's a bit away from waltzing into Hibs first team but I'm sure he'll work hard and take the opportunity when it comes. Wouldn't be against him being loaned back in January similar to the Zanatta situation when at Hearts.