The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 hours ago, renton said:

He looked lost playing as a trialist for us.

If Dick isn't fit, it'll be Musonda who played there for a few games early last season and looked decent there.

Young most certainly didn’t look lost playing for us, and Frankie would quite possibly not be capable of 45 minutes at LB, let alone 90.

19 hours ago, TxRover said:

Young most certainly didn’t look lost playing for us, and Frankie would quite possibly not be capable of 45 minutes at LB, let alone 90.

He did, particularly in the first game against Stranraer. He looked like what he is - a 16 year old kid playing against men.

He might have the ability to make it in future, but he is almost certainly not ready to play Championship football.

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

So the question would be does Frankie start for Dick…I doubt he’s fully ready for that role, and Bene is unlikely to be fully ready for that kind of load too. So that leaves us Tumilty/Lang/Bene/???, where do we go? If we roll Frankie out there, he’s probably got to be replaced by the 60’ mark, and then by whom…Bene? Do you dare risk his return for that if he’s not a full 100%? Young for the last 30…still willing to do that if it’s not 0-2 or 1-3 or such? Toss BRS out to the LB…or something like asking Lang to try out LB with Frankie at CH, where he’s not running as much?

46 minutes ago, Wardy said:

I really hate article limits. Lot of pish. 

Basically it's saying Frankie has been stepping up his training to full intensity this week and if he gets through it he'll be ready to return to action, if he can get in the team.

19 minutes ago, TxRover said:

So the question would be does Frankie start for Dick…I doubt he’s fully ready for that role, and Bene is unlikely to be fully ready for that kind of load too. So that leaves us Tumilty/Lang/Bene/???, where do we go? If we roll Frankie out there, he’s probably got to be replaced by the 60’ mark, and then by whom…Bene? Do you dare risk his return for that if he’s not a full 100%? Young for the last 30…still willing to do that if it’s not 0-2 or 1-3 or such? Toss BRS out to the LB…or something like asking Lang to try out LB with Frankie at CH, where he’s not running as much?

Hopefully Dick will be fit, but if not I reckon Frankie will get flung in there and we'll hope for the best.

20 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Not enough questions in there.

With all due respect to Blaise Riley-Snow, I'd rather go out to left back myself. His skillset (both good and bad) seems uniquely unsuited to playing at full back. 

My personal preference would be to go to a back three with whichever one of Benedictus and Musonda is better prepared, and ask one of the wingers to play left wing-back. Although he did that - to an extent - with Armstrong last season, McGlynn tends to be more cautious when he needs to find an auxiliary fullback, hence the long-running Dave McKay at right back saga. Right now I'd put my money on Dick starting, with Musonda as the first reserve should he not make it. 

With all due respect to Blaise Riley-Snow, I'd rather go out to left back myself. His skillset (both good and bad) seems uniquely unsuited to playing professional football.

Fixed for you. Its almost laughable about some people suggesting he shouldn’t be used as a sub. The focus should be that he isn’t anywhere near our team. This has got to be one of McGlynns worst signings (and there hasn’t been many, thankfully).

With all due respect to Blaise Riley-Snow, I'd rather go out to left back myself. His skillset (both good and bad) seems uniquely unsuited to playing at full back. 
My personal preference would be to go to a back three with whichever one of Benedictus and Musonda is better prepared, and ask one of the wingers to play left wing-back. Although he did that - to an extent - with Armstrong last season, McGlynn tends to be more cautious when he needs to find an auxiliary fullback, hence the long-running Dave McKay at right back saga. Right now I'd put my money on Dick starting, with Musonda as the first reserve should he not make it. 
BRS Unsuited, unsuited.... You mean turns like a cart horse and is as slow as a barge.

5 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I don't rate brs but he won't play unless we're forced into it thankfully. Playing him at lb would be some laugh though and weirdly isn't even one of tx's weirder shouts.

He'd have loved the brief reign of Kevin Cuthbert.