The New Raith Rovers Thread

58 minutes ago, RRFC1989 said:

Probably an unpopular opinion but I’ll be glad once Tait is gone come January. I was a huge fan of his from the start but IMO my has been poor all season. Despite the uproar, I thought the hibs deal was good for a player who had started to go stale. Whilst he’s still young and has time on his side, his general play has been so poor and Spencer and Matthews have been papering over the cracks in the midfield. He has little to no defensive capabilities, he’s been struggling to make the most simple of passes and generally doesn’t look bothered on the pitch. His odd impressive pass has probably allowed him to get away with it. That, and the fact BRS makes him look like Iniesta. I trust McGlynn to have replacement for both Tait and BRS as well as potential Varian who has impressed me but isn’t getting us the goal return we need for someone leading the line.

I don't agree with this. I think Tait has unfortunately had 2 or 3 really poor games since his move but in general I think he's been absolutely fine. Him and Spencer completely ran the show in the first half yesterday and he played an important role in the second goal. 

I think he's become an easy target for some since his move was announced. 

I don't agree with this. I think Tait has unfortunately had 2 or 3 really poor games since his move but in general I think he's been absolutely fine. Him and Spencer completely ran the show in the first half yesterday and he played an important role in the second goal. 
I think he's become an easy target for some since his move was announced. 
Two games where people are saying he's been poor but he's got two assists. Same went for Dario. I'm happy for them to keep being poor if we keep winning tbh.

On the tait thing I think subconsciously people saw him as the replacement for Hendry when in fact.

1. They are different types of players.

2. Hendry was further along in his development, tait is still very young and consistency takes time.

3. Hendry was a far better player.

Realistically Mcglynn needs to source a midfielder to replace Tait and a spare for injuries and subs. 

BRS stats prove he can't come on as a sub and see games out so he's a starter or nothing. The amount of games we lose late goals after being ahead cannot be ignored. 

Musonda hasn't played in midfield for us or at all this season so we don't know what we have he also has a poor injury record, he's been out since about March.

On 30/10/2021 at 04:17, grumswall said:
On 30/10/2021 at 01:10, GroundHoppingBear said:
Was at Ayr v Raith when Raith won 2-0 and thought big Kyle Benedictus done well that night. How has he played this season? I know he was captain, is he a real leader?

I'd be very surprised to see anyone say a bad word against him. Why single out bene with your questioning though? He is club captain.

No real reason to single him out at all. Just one I've been impressed with any time I've seen him.

51 minutes ago, GroundHoppingBear said:

No real reason to single him out at all. Just one I've been impressed with any time I've seen him.

I like Bene, passionate player and seems to love the club and looked to have struck up a good partnership with Berra. Tom Lang however, who has came in for Bene, has pretty much given McGlynn a big decision to make as he's strolled the last 2 games. I'd really feel for Lang if he was dropped but likewise Bene is our captain and if he wasn't injured would continue to be first pick. Will be interesting to see what happens.

24 minutes ago, Raithie said:

I like Bene, passionate player and seems to love the club and looked to have struck up a good partnership with Berra. Tom Lang however, who has came in for Bene, has pretty much given McGlynn a big decision to make as he's strolled the last 2 games. I'd really feel for Lang if he was dropped but likewise Bene is our captain and if he wasn't injured would continue to be first pick. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Tom Langs bird has a tremendous pair of breasts, also.

41 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Agree wholeheartedly with this. I think Bene will struggle to get back into the team immediately. Lang has really stepped up to the mark since he's come in. 

Tumilty and Lang are doing Movember. Absolutely glorious effort from Reghan. 

Just looking at the clubs fixtures. Including the two cup ties, it means that 7 out of the next 9 matches are away from home.  That can’t be great for the club’s cash flow. I know we’ve just had a run of Saturday home games, but still. Hopefully there’s no adverse impact. 

Edited to say we’ll obviously get a share of the ICT and Falkirk gates, but these things are notoriously slow to work through. 

Edited by roverthemoon

2 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Just looking at the clubs fixtures. Including the two cup ties, it means that 7 out of the next 9 matches are away from home.  That can’t be great for the club’s cash flow. I know we’ve just had a run of Saturday home games, but still. Hopefully there’s no adverse impact. 

Edited to say we’ll obviously get a share of the ICT and Falkirk gates, but these things are notoriously slow to work through. 

It will even itself out over the season no need to worry. 

8 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

Indeed. You can expect the ghost of Yoss to rise from woke Hell to issue eternal curses...

I am fond of tits.

Hello everyone, hope you're all well. I don't see much of Raith at the moment but I was at my first game of the season at East End last week. Pretty scrappy performance but I was very impressed with Lang and encouraged by Mitchell's brief appearance. Still generally impressed by the club's progress, and of course still a big fan of McGlynn.

Lang has looked very assured in these last two games. I’d like to see us stick with him, even if Bene is fit again.

I like Bene, he’s been a good servant to the club and has played well this season. He was still part of the calamitous partnership with Davo though, for which he wasn’t entirely blameless.

Seeing Berra with the armband on just seems right too. The guy is a model pro and has been a colossus so far. Certainly much better than Davidson, and I was a Davo fan!