The New Raith Rovers Thread

Good luck to Vaughan with his operation/recovery. In a parallel universe he'd have had the big move down south & would most probably been capped several times by now too. Tragic.

Definite red card by the way.

Seems like Auchinleck get at least one game televised every year in the Scottish cup. Not bad for a village team who only started playing in the pyramid a few months ago. Aye there might be an upset but considering Hamilton haven't won away all season it seems unlikely. Our game would have been a much better pick for TV imo. Oh well at least we will be playing on Saturday at 3 and should take a decent support through. 

5 minutes ago, steakngravy said:

Philby 200 club is open before the KO around 11.30ish but would try and get there earlyish as it tends to get full nearer Ko. 

Aye, especially at the moment as we're having to accommodate all the riff raff from the Jim McMillan club seeing as it's out of bounds at present 😉

10 hours ago, philpy said:

I'm heading over for the ayr game this Saturday, is the lounge open for home supporters?? @Ebanda's Handyman Services maybe you can answer that one??

The 200 club will be open. 

I won't be down though as I'm returning a favour for a pal on a flooring job.

6 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Decided to go to the game tonight, purely out of sheer boredom, and have to say was impressed with Dylan Tait. One of his better games or is he usually that impressive?

I thought he was quite poor, by his own standards, to be quite honest with you. There is a mitigating factor in that every other game this season he's played in the attacking midfield three but had been asked to play from the base of midfield tonight, and there's obviously an adjustment there, especially with how much emphasis McGlynn puts on his holding midfielders coming deep to start attacks. 

Compared to Spencer alongside him though, I thought he was a half second slower in turning, looking and playing his passes. He was still managing to contribute and didn't have a nightmare by any stretch of the imagination, but he wasn't as fluid as he can be. 

Hate to criticize our lord and savior mr McGlynn but can he please stop bringing everyone back for every corner, please leave one man up top and they have to leave two back.  Connolly is the obvious one to leave up as he’s not much use at the back due to his height. 

End of rant………I will now undertake a course of self punishment for criticizing John on anything. I feel dirty! 

Potentially got my central midfielders confused in fairness! Was certainly impressed by one of them the first half then didn’t really notice him in the second. 

Although not as fluid as I’ve seen at times this season, thought Rovers were decent tonight whilst not creating too much then undone by a wonder goal. Good scenes when the equaliser went in!

Potentially got my central midfielders confused in fairness! Was certainly impressed by one of them the first half then didn’t really notice him in the second. 

Although not as fluid as I’ve seen at times this season, thought Rovers were decent tonight whilst not creating too much then undone by a wonder goal. Good scenes when the equaliser went in!
Our other cm scored the goal of that helps you. Both were not really playing as well as they can tonight though. We really missed Matthews in there.