The New Raith Rovers Thread

Always tough to get drawn away to a lower league side. On paper it should be a straight forward win against mid table League One fodder but I’m sure they will raise their game for what will be their cup final.

18 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Rovers fans, that referee was awful.

Dumbarton fans, hold my beer.

I saw the raft of red cards and late goals in the Airdrie v Dumbarton game and thought there would be tears and snorters there.

25 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Will be some atmosphere in the away end at Falkirk. High chance of being picked as the TV game? 

Depends…Partick vs Pars seems a decent shout for TV. If Falkirk is still gash, with Sheerin managing, no way they get the TV spot…a new, interesting manager and our style of play might get TV.

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Depends…Partick vs Pars seems a decent shout for TV. If Falkirk is still gash, with Sheerin managing, no way they get the TV spot…a new, interesting manager and our style of play might get TV.

Queens Park v Killie too.

28 minutes ago, TxRover said:

BBC go with this.

79017159-9178-440C-8D70-ADA05DD2585B.png

The BBC will 100% go with a non-league side for the cup tie and sell it on the magic of the cup. Last few seasons they've had Dundonald vs Queens and Kelty vs Auchenleck on. I'd rather we took a decent away support through. We've got a relatively poor record through in Falkirk but with our current team and their current state you'd have to back us in a game. Ideally it'll be a game with a bit of shithousing between supporters given how we went up. Beach balls, buckets and spaces, the lot...

Having not followed the seaside leagues I just took a look at the table on bbc and Falkirk, in 5th, are separated from 4th and 6th by dashed lines, like it is indicating they are in some sort of playoff spot. Have I missed a change to the playoffs, thought it was top 4 only???

1 hour ago, ribzanelli said:

Having not followed the seaside leagues I just took a look at the table on bbc and Falkirk, in 5th, are separated from 4th and 6th by dashed lines, like it is indicating they are in some sort of playoff spot. Have I missed a change to the playoffs, thought it was top 4 only???

I think they've just left last year's set up where the bottom two divisions split after 18 games to sort out another 4. Playoffs are as they always were.

On 23/10/2021 at 15:59, Raith Against The Machine said:

Do they fast track red card appeals now so that players don't become eligible again until it's reviewed, or could we appeal and have Matthews for Tuesday? 

They try to but given you have till 3pm today to decide whether to appeal and then till the same time on Tuesday to submit evidence there's no way they could hold it before Tuesday's game.

On 23/10/2021 at 19:13, Lang Toun Lad said:

I can't see us winning an appeal u less you are just wondering if he'd be eligible during the appeal. We should put the appeal in Tuesday at noon.

That's clearly his point. You have to submit an appeal by 3pm on the 1st working day after (so today then).

Lewis Vaughan has his operation today. Hopefully everything goes as planned. An extended RaithTV interview, where he speaks about his career so far, from a month ago is now available on YouTube and in podcast form. Here are the links...

YouTube -

Podcast -  https://anchor.fm/raithtv/episodes/Lewis-Vaughan-Extended-Interview-e1995b2

Lewis Vaughan has his operation today. Hopefully everything goes as planned. An extended RaithTV interview, where he speaks about his career so far, from a month ago is now available on YouTube and in podcast form. Here are the links...
YouTube -
[/url] Podcast -  https://anchor.fm/raithtv/episodes/Lewis-Vaughan-Extended-Interview-e1995b2
[/url]

All the best to the guy. Cracking wee player, who deserves so much better than what he’s had to deal with over the last few years.

1 minute ago, Raithie said:

If we can afford it and know an appeal makes Matthews eligible to play tomorrow then I'm all for it. 

Is it not the case that if the appeal is seen to be no more than a delaying tactic, there is the potential for an extended ban?

I would just accept the punishment and move on.

5 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Is it not the case that if the appeal is seen to be no more than a delaying tactic, there is the potential for an extended ban?

I would just accept the punishment and move on.

Surely we can just say the Werthers Original sweetie sookers in our support don't think it's a red card and the beaks will accept it?....

1 hour ago, Roath Raver said:

The interview is really good, watched it on the RaithTV lounge thing a few weeks ago.  Loved how when he’s getting told about the records he’s close to you can almost see him thinking “I can beat that” to nearly every one of them.