The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, bobbykdy said:

It was January 1995 for the midweeker.

Yeah it was the playing of the New Year Derby which had been postponed and was in the fairly early stages of our long winning run that took us from mid table at Christmas to promotion. 

1 hour ago, dysartrovers said:
1 hour ago, buchan30 said:

I’m sure we were there for a game during the 90s. I remember being quite close to the big fence that segregated us. Did we not also, get put in the stand behind the dugouts for a game as well during that period?

I remember a midweek game there and being beside the fence. Ally graham scored late on and then Hamish French missed a penalty a few minutes later for us to win 1-0. Don't think it was long after we won the cup but could be entirely wrong with this

It was baltic that night. Remember it well.

Great memories when I first started going to the Rovers of the cage at East End with fans right next to each other. Brilliant if you won, awful if you lost. Looking forward to #throwbacktuesday this week

I remember being in the Main Stand at EEP for a Rovers game, but I think that was back when away supports would get a section of main stand for those that wanted to sit, when the rest of the away end was terraced.  Brockville was the same I think.

I remember Rovers fans grumbling about not being able to get a ticket in the days before the 2010-11 title ‘decider’ at East End - after 3,000 tickets had been on sale for weeks. No point in moaning about current situation. Just be thankful that fans are getting back into matches at all. 

3 minutes ago, Rover the Moon said:

I remember Rovers fans grumbling about not being able to get a ticket in the days before the 2010-11 title ‘decider’ at East End - after 3,000 tickets had been on sale for weeks. No point in moaning about current situation. Just be thankful that fans are getting back into matches at all. 

I noticed a few folk saying that they'd failed to get tickets for the upcoming game which I found surprising. There was a Pars fan on here saying weeks ago that tickets were available on their website long before Rovers put out a post with a link. I think a lot of people will have gone in under the assumption we'd get behind the goals which was quite naive. 

25 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I noticed a few folk saying that they'd failed to get tickets for the upcoming game which I found surprising. There was a Pars fan on here saying weeks ago that tickets were available on their website long before Rovers put out a post with a link. I think a lot of people will have gone in under the assumption we'd get behind the goals which was quite naive. 

Ach can see it from both sides, maybe they didn't think they'd sell out so quickly etc. For the fans that are there it'll be one of the best fife derby's they'll be at, you'll create a far better atmosphere in the North East, you'll most likely win and it's under the floodlights. 

I am surprised the main stand hasn't been released, I can only presume that the police have vetoed it? Might be worth an email to the Raith Rovers SLO? 

No point in moaning about current situation. Just be thankful that fans are getting back into matches at all. 

Nah, sorry but f**k that. It’s a stadium with over 8,000 seats even after accounting for red zones. There’ll be at least 4,000 empty on the night not including the out-of-bounds East Stand. Turning away fans who want to go to the game is a load of shite.

3 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Do they fast track red card appeals now so that players don't become eligible again until it's reviewed, or could we appeal and have Matthews for Tuesday? 

I can't see us winning an appeal u less you are just wondering if he'd be eligible during the appeal. We should put the appeal in Tuesday at noon.

Not that anyone needs reminding how bad our record is against Inverness but being a geek for stats and being bored on a Sunday morning, I thought I’d check to see how it compared to other sides. Below is the list, in order, of the number of games we have went without a win against each side in the top 2 leagues.

I should add, I have included the penalty shoot out win against Celtic because it won the tie and a trophy, the Inverness league cup doesn’t count because it didn’t ‘win’ the tie, only counted for a bonus point. Pulled together from memory or a quick check on the ‘head to head’ record section on Soccerbase which may or may not be reliable. 

Inverness - 25   
Celtic - 15     
St Johnstone - 7    
Rangers - 6   
Hibs - 6   
Motherwell - 4     
Livingston - 3     
Ross County - 2    
Hearts - 2    
Dundee United - 1   
Hamilton - 1   
QOS - 1   
Dunfermline - 1    
Dundee - 0   
St Mirren - 0   
Aberdeen - 0   
Kilmarnock - 0   
Arbroath - 0   
Ayr - 0   
Partick Thistle - 0   
Morton - 0

I think it’s safe to use the word ‘hoodoo’.