The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Are you seriously that thick? The away team are using the east stand for changing facilities. That’s why the stand isn’t open for fans to use. They can (and do) change out of their kit for the drive home. Therefore, your ridiculous comparison with swimmers driving home in swim suits is total drivel. The only people suggesting that the players shouldn’t have the facilities to change are those saying that the east stand should be given to the away fans anyway.

Not being able to shower is completely different to not being able to change clothes. How can you not understand that? I’d imagine lack of fully vaccinated players is probably one of the main reasons that a lot of restrictions still exist within football clubs. One player catching covid, then showering, could result in 10 players being forced to isolate. It would then be very hard for the club to argue that they had taken all reasonable precautions to avoid that scenario, given the SFA/SPFL would point out that players didn’t shower after games for the last year.

Also, swimming isn’t a ‘professional sport’ at all, they’re all amateurs as nobody is employed as a swimmer for any swimming club - even at Olympic level. Elite swimmers are funded by grants/sponsorship deals, not salaries. So that is a terrible comparison to use when talking about ‘other professional sports’.

For what it’s worth, I’d much rather Rovers could bring 2000 fans (or however many tickets you could sell). But we have to accept that we are still far from whatever ‘normal’ will look like and clubs have to be taking all necessary steps to follow guidelines and avoid covid outbreaks within the squad.

Wow you seem very rattled by this… maybe you can answer a few questions to help thick old me…

Why would Dunfermline give the biggest stand to away teams to change in? Why would they not allow them to do this in the smaller stand and open the bigger one to increase income?

The home team gets to use both sets of changing rooms, if you have a match day squad of 16, it’ll be 8 players in each to allow for distancing.  What difference would adding a shower really make? Could this not be staggered as I suggested? 

If there’s no such thing as a professional swimmer, which was quite a pendantic point to make, is it not then worse that amateur swimmers can use showers? 

Do you think the current set up is good?

Wow you seem very rattled by this… maybe you can answer a few questions to help thick old me…
Why would Dunfermline give the biggest stand to away teams to change in? Why would they not allow them to do this in the smaller stand and open the bigger one to increase income?
The home team gets to use both sets of changing rooms, if you have a match day squad of 16, it’ll be 8 players in each to allow for distancing.  What difference would adding a shower really make? Could this not be staggered as I suggested? 

If there’s no such thing as a professional swimmer, which was quite a pendantic point to make, is it not then worse that amateur swimmers can use showers? 

Do you think the current set up is good?

There is nowhere for them to get changed in the north stand. It’s honestly as simple as that. There is no concourse. You just have the walkway behind the seats.

The issue with staggering showering, is that if someone in the first group then tests positive, then covid will have been in that area and potentially spread there whilst everyone else showers. I think they were told that showers would have to be thoroughly cleaned in between each person using. I would have thought there should be a way round this, but it certainly doesn’t seem like there is if nobody else in the league has found one either. The only way around this would be paying for regular PCR testing, as the top flight does. But I’m not sure this is feasible for clubs at this level.

I don’t actually know if swimmers can use the showers in leisure centres etc. I can’t really comment on what the restrictions are regarding that. I only stated that, despite your crazy theory that showering = getting changed, swimmers are allowed to change out of their swimwear to travel home, in the same way footballers can change out of their kit.

I certainly don’t think the current set up is good. It would clearly be much better if both teams could use changing rooms and shower and East End could be opened up fully, to accommodate the away fans and create a better atmosphere. However, clubs have to abide by the restrictions in place. If they are seen to cut corners, resulting in an outbreak, they will likely be fined/have to forfeit matches.

Are you seriously that thick? The away team are using the east stand for changing facilities. That’s why the stand isn’t open for fans to use. They can (and do) change out of their kit for the drive home. Therefore, your ridiculous comparison with swimmers driving home in swim suits is total drivel. The only people suggesting that the players shouldn’t have the facilities to change are those saying that the east stand should be given to the away fans anyway.

Not being able to shower is completely different to not being able to change clothes. How can you not understand that? I’d imagine lack of fully vaccinated players is probably one of the main reasons that a lot of restrictions still exist within football clubs. One player catching covid, then showering, could result in 10 players being forced to isolate. It would then be very hard for the club to argue that they had taken all reasonable precautions to avoid that scenario, given the SFA/SPFL would point out that players didn’t shower after games for the last year.

Also, swimming isn’t a ‘professional sport’ at all, they’re all amateurs as nobody is employed as a swimmer for any swimming club - even at Olympic level. Elite swimmers are funded by grants/sponsorship deals, not salaries. So that is a terrible comparison to use when talking about ‘other professional sports’.

For what it’s worth, I’d much rather Rovers could bring 2000 fans (or however many tickets you could sell). But we have to accept that we are still far from whatever ‘normal’ will look like and clubs have to be taking all necessary steps to follow guidelines and avoid covid outbreaks within the squad.
I'm bewildered that they have to close of a full stand just for a club to change.

1 hour ago, foreverarover said:
9 hours ago, CallumPar said:

I'm bewildered that they have to close of a full stand just for a club to change.

Can't agree more. Seems ridiculous, they have a gym in the corner can away teams not use this area.

25 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

IIRC you cannot directly access the pitch from within the main stand.

I thought you could there's a side door on the away end of the main stand, I thought that linked to the area under Legends.

32 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Why not. Where are away teams changing just now in cold, damp concourses??. Why can't away teams use Legends??

Because we use both of those places. 

4 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I thought you could there's a side door on the away end of the main stand, I thought that linked to the area under Legends.

It also traipeses past a hundred people including the club shop etc, how are you going to implement that pre Match? May come as a shock, but the people in charge of Dunfermline know more about EEP than you. 

7 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Because we use both of those places. 

It also traipeses past a hundred people including the club shop etc, how are you going to implement that pre Match? May come as a shock, but the people in charge of Dunfermline know more about EEP than you. 

The way your club are playing ill be surprised if anyone passes a hundred people. I'm merely trying to see if there are answers.  We don't have any hospitality at the moment as I'm assuming away teams are using this area. So where do away teams change and do team talks at EEP?

So where do away teams change and do team talks at EEP?

In the concourse of the East Stand. Has that not been made clear by now? That’s why the stand is not being used for supporters.

Our main stand is not designed for access to the pitch anymore. Hospitality boxes have been put in where the old changing rooms used to access the pitch. We do have the hospitality suite, but you have to walk through corridors past the control room, club shop, boardroom and main reception area to get there. In the other direction (towards away end) you have to walk past the toilets used by fans in the stand, so that wouldn’t be an option. That means it’s not an option.

As others have said, if there was another option, I’m sure the club would use that, rather than losing revenue. This clearly isn’t the case.

15 hours ago, raith1974 said:

Can't agree more. Seems ridiculous, they have a gym in the corner can away teams not use this area.

I know it does seem utterly ridiculous.

It's almost as if there is some other explanation that the club are aware of and you aren't

Missed this one. The gym has no access to the stadium. It has its own car park and players would have to walk out onto Halbeath Road to get onto the pitch from there. Maybe you should stop commenting on things/criticising clubs for things you clearly know very little about?

One thing that is very clear with our board, is that they will never turn down an opportunity to make more money. Trust me, if there was another option and they could have more away fans, they would do that. There is a lot that they have got wrong, but I genuinely believe that they would not increase costs/reduce revenue unless it is absolutely essential. They would have explored all possible options before deciding to close the East Stand to fans.