The New Raith Rovers Thread

4,426 once, mind you  there was a good reason.
I got hypothermia that day having being soaked with rain and it blowing a gale.
BBC SPORT | Football | Scottish League | Raith Rovers 0-0 Arbroath
I have no recollection of Sloan trying a lob from 50 yards but would've loved to have seen that.

1 minute ago, Broken Algorithms said:
46 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:
4,426 once, mind you  there was a good reason.
I got hypothermia that day having being soaked with rain and it blowing a gale.
BBC SPORT | Football | Scottish League | Raith Rovers 0-0 Arbroath

I have no recollection of Sloan trying a lob from 50 yards but would've loved to have seen that.

Imagine being the journo that whipped that together?

50 odd words then submit your invoice to auntie beeb, job done.

Looking forward to the Sat/Tue double header of big games
Derby tix starting to sell rapidly now the club have put the link up.  

Aye, I screenshot this yesterday afternoon, and at glance, that’s ~300 tickets to go I’d say…

ac5a5b0c0da9cb4567d19c21ff791a25.png

If the East Stand had been allowed to be opened up I honestly think you would outnumber our support next week - our crowd as far as actual attendees goes on Saturday was really poor.

Edited by da_no_1

If the East Stand had been allowed to be opened up I honestly think you would outnumber our support next week - our crowd as far as actual attendees goes on Saturday was really poor.
They'll surely be back for the derby though? By all accounts a much improved performance against Killie and you didn't play badly against us last time. Or are spirits, happy clappers aside, really that low?

2 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
38 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

They'll surely be back for the derby though? By all accounts a much improved performance against Killie and you didn't play badly against us last time. Or are spirits, happy clappers aside, really that low?

No idea - I suppose a quick look online would tell me how many tickets have been sold but I can't be arsed! The fact it's on a midweek night won't help - our fans don't need any more reasons to stay in the house with the buffoon in charge.

I'll be there though as it's bought & paid for in July - just don't think there'll be that many Pars fans willing to shell out £20 for another potential derby reaming

19 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Anyone that has taken the car to a Dunfermline game. Best place to park? Streets near east end park? Or would i get away with parking in the retail park opposite the kingsgate and just walking back along?

I usually try park on the main road if there’s a space on the pavement. Failing that, park behind the petrol station, couple minutes walk from there 

41 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Anyone that has taken the car to a Dunfermline game. Best place to park? Streets near east end park? Or would i get away with parking in the retail park opposite the kingsgate and just walking back along?

I’ve been considering this myself, might end up parking at Dunfermline town station, not too far to walk

11 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Just bought mine, had to go into stand at the side of the pitch and not behind the goals.

The stand behind the goals is closed as that's where the away team are changing.

Not sure if they'll allocate us part of the main stand if we sell out our initial allocation, otherwise there's the danger of Rovers fans in the home end.

18 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

This closing of stands is utter shite. Both sets of players can meet outside, go for a coffee and do shopping together. There is no justifiable reason for this crap at any ground. They have separate changing rooms, showers. It's another spfl joke.

I'm fairly certain that clubs are no longer forced to do so. The "red zones", which was forcing it, were scrapped after the most recent International break.

It's up to clubs to decide how they want to approach it now, so presumably if I'm right Dunfermline have decided to continue to use this approach.

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm fairly certain that clubs are no longer forced to do so. The "red zones", which was forcing it, were scrapped after the most recent International break.

It's up to clubs to decide how they want to approach it now, so presumably if I'm right Dunfermline have decided to continue to use this approach.

Apparently the championship clubs agreed unanimously to continue with red zones for the immediate future. 

14 hours ago, raith1974 said:

Think there may have been a closed doors game today. Dundee Utd coach parked in the car park. Wonder if we still have trialists up that we are looking at.

We lost 3-1. Ross, Lang, BRS and Young all got 90 minutes in for us. 

The game was arranged to give Musonda game time but he's picked up a niggle in training and missed out. 

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

The game was arranged to give Musonda game time but he's picked up a niggle in training and missed out. 

The most Rovers sentence ever.

Edited by Enigma