The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 minutes ago, cdhafc1874 said:

Can we get a loan of the forklift/crane that was needed to dislodge him from Starks Park?

As we now have the same problem at NDP & if the way the on-field operations are being run down are anything to go by he may have similar 

Is he still in the property development game wi yon other p***k Short, watch they dont sell the ground out from under yous

37 minutes ago, RRFC1989 said:

Out if curiosity if we were able to take any 1 player from any of the SPFL to improve our side, who would you pick. For me it’d have to be either Brian Graham or Nathan Austin.

Kevin Nisbet?

24 minutes ago, cdhafc1874 said:

We had a fit David Templeton for 20 mins that's how!

While I'm here how did you guys get a certain C.McGowan out of your club again?

We backed a truck of money up to the b*****d and his partner and bought them out...cheap at the price, and we're still trying to recover.

10602457_clipping(31).thumb.jpg.c975f2c34cc4cabc4220a06b76a41234.jpg

One thing I noticed from his interview with RaithTV is how happy to seemed to be back with us. Having read this article, I admire the guy. He clearly believes in himself to aim big and his self-awareness that he can do more to improve himself on and off the pitch. I think it may take him a couple of games to get up to speed but I was much more impressed with him than Kennedy (who only really impressed in his first 3 or 4 games with us).
The deal with Aberdeen has us pay a smaller compensation fee on the basis the get a reasonable sell-on should we sell him. I think its fair to assume that he’s been given assurances that we won’t stand in his way if/when teams come calling for the right money. When you get a coup like this then you have to understand that we might not be able to match his level of ambition but if we can benefit from promotion and or a large fee down the line then enjoy the time we have him in our side. Aberdeen fans genuinely seemed gutted to see him go which says alot given the limited opportunity he was given there.

11 hours ago, cdhafc1874 said:

We had a fit David Templeton for 20 mins that's how!

The fact McGoon has had involvement at Airdrie, and now Accies, since leaving the Rovers just shows what a sick joke the SFA's Fit and Proper Person criteria is.

21 hours ago, foreverarover said:

I think we should be as fans looking into shifting the money put into the fans trust and buildup a substantial pot with an attempt to buy a decent shareholding. It may attract more people to contribute with this type of idea. Try a mini hearts or Morton

The time for that was during the lockdown period when the fans' money was needed to keep the club afloat.  A lot was put in during that time and I think the Trust decided it would be poor form to demand anything in return - I probably disagree but it's gone now.  To remove a fans' director after that mass contribution would be really shameful though.

11 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I think this is when John Sim entered the fray.

Was it not "The Turnbull" that turned things around? Honestly can't clearly remember, but know for certain that we are now in a much better place everywhere throughout the club.😊

Edited by embow

15 minutes ago, embow said:

Was it not "The Turnbull" that turned things around? Honestly can't clearly remember, but know for certain that we are now in a much better place everywhere throughout the club.😊

I don't think we can really say it was one person. Here's an article from Nutmeg in 2017 where Alan Russell talks about the takeover process. It was a ridiculous collective effort. We never had the luxury of being able to take a hit for an administration to wipe our debts like so many other clubs have done. I'll always view it with a sense of personal pride that the fans banded together to get McGowan and Short out of the club and get us back in an honest manner. 

Cheers Broken Algorithms

In my dotage I'd forgotten half and more of everything that's gone on over the last 30 years. Great article from Alan. Every fan with the club at heart should make it a must read to show them how things could very easily go belly up without due care and consideration

16 hours ago, cdhafc1874 said:

Had to buy him out, following a fundraising effort. There's a good article @Broken Algorithms has linked which gives more detail. 

We are still suffering from him today, with the ground and the football club separate. They are both now owned by John Sim, but I'd much prefer they were indivisible. Not happening any time soon, sadly.

McGowan threatened to sell the ground for flats if the fans didn't stop saying mean things about him as well. Hopefully he's not pulling the same crap at Hamilton but I wouldn't be surprised if he is. 

Cheers Broken Algorithms
In my dotage I'd forgotten half and more of everything that's gone on over the last 30 years. Great article from Alan. Every fan with the club at heart should make it a must read to show them how things could very easily go belly up without due care and consideration
I'll be completely honest, it was that confusing it's nearly impossible to say who did what. The most important thing is we succeeded!

13 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:
40 minutes ago, embow said:
Cheers Broken Algorithms

I'll be completely honest, it was that confusing it's nearly impossible to say who did what. The most important thing is we succeeded!

👍👏👏