The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, foreverarover said:

Very realistic. No sign of a railway line or a wall anywhere. Nice neat grass area that will never exist. emoji23.pngemoji23.png

For what it's worth the railway line is shown on the plan and will be partly (or maybe mostly) hidden by the foliage in the picture. Going by the plan there's enough space for the small grassy area shown.

Edited by embow

1 hour ago, Offshore Rover said:

Amazing, cheers mate. 

looks like it’s very similar to the one Queen’s Park have, which is brilliant. 

I am absolutely delighted looking at that! Unreal!!

Genuinely surprised and delighted to have signed Ethan, and going by his interview, he's certainly 'buzzing' to be back. After a quiet transfer window and much disappointment expressed at not spunking the playing budget bringing players in to bulk up the squad (or make up numbers), this just reiterates this threads oft-used phrase: In McGlynn we trust.

Assuming there's no money left now for the Andy Carroll deal though...

Genuinely surprised and delighted to have signed Ethan, and going by his interview, he's certainly 'buzzing' to be back. After a quiet transfer window and much disappointment expressed at not spunking the playing budget bringing players in to bulk up the squad (or make up numbers), this just reiterates this threads oft-used phrase: In McGlynn we trust.
Assuming there's no money left now for the Andy Carroll deal though...

As long as there’s funds for a 3yr Tumilty contract, I couldn’t care.

Would a five figure fee for Ethan Ross be the most the Rovers have spent on a transfer since Paul Hartley in 1997? 

Other than an undisclosed fee for Kieran MacDonald which wasn't rumoured to be much, and a "four figure fee" for Craig Winter from Dumbarton, I can't think of any others this side of the millennium we've actually handed over cash for. 

44 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Would a five figure fee for Ethan Ross be the most the Rovers have spent on a transfer since Paul Hartley in 1997? 

Other than an undisclosed fee for Kieran MacDonald which wasn't rumoured to be much, and a "four figure fee" for Craig Winter from Dumbarton, I can't think of any others this side of the millennium we've actually handed over cash for. 

I think we paid East Fife for Paul McManus the first time we signed him.

The Ethan Ross signing followed with the Community Hub plans taking more concrete form have got me thinking and I have been proper buzzing...

After being a national laughing stock, appointing Gary Locke, the John Hughes saga, on 13th May 2017 we lost on penalties to Brechin, getting relegated to league 1. Barry Smith's brutal football and all round negativity followed, and we looked like we could be in real trouble of languishing in L1 for a long, long time. 

Now we are in the Championship, having had a real tilt at promotion last year (and arguably without a Hearts and over a 36 game season we would have had a very good shout of winning that league). We look good again for a  solid play off hunt, and maybe another tilt at promotion without additional injuries and a shrewd January window. A good amount of prize money should come in again from a decent league finish. We are fucking great to watch. The atmosphere at home games is good, and brilliant away. The players and fans connect. And there are loads of other positives, big wins etc.

Obviously SJM is the main hero, and we really do need to announce the 20 year deal. 

But I also think John Sim (and perhaps the wider Board) needs major credit (if this Hub is successfully built). He, without full backing and a lot of nae saying from fans, stuck to his guns and implemented the 4G park to enable the transition to a 7 day a week stadium. 

Should the Hub go ahead, it is a game changer and sets us up in a really strong position going forward:

- Massive boost to match day experience, with a (Rovers themed) pub for home and away fans right at the turnstiles. This is something I have been desperate for for a long time having experienced Queens Park's version, which is top class. (I would hope the Hub will eventually having similar art work to that in the South Stand concourse, fan tiles/walls etc, themed tables 'the coca cola corner' etc.).

- It should become a money maker, which will over the long term be excellent for sustainability (the 7 day a week element is key, pitch rental and rooms rental in the Hub, but so is the match day income from home and away fans. For both run of the mill games and milking the bigger sides when they come to town.).

- Major boost to deepen connections with the community and town - it gets youth teams, local teams, walking teams, non-football groups all in and around Raith Rovers and creates positive associations. This will really help with overall perception and hopefully provides a good platform to sustain/build the support and do even more good in the community.

- It looks good. It looks professional. So it should help contribute to attracting folks in - young players, young fans. It's a marker that we have a bit of ambition and realistic foundations to grow and be a premier league club. 

There are loads of other things too, but those jump out straight away. Anyway, what a transition this last 2-3 years have been on and off the park. Everyone at the club - board, team, fans, volunteers etc. - should be massively proud of themselves for achieving all this in such difficult circumstances.

I fucking love the Rovers!

Edited by HIT THE CHANNEL

4 hours ago, RRFC1989 said:

As long as there’s funds for a 3yr Tumilty contract, I couldn’t care.

Hate to say it but I think he’ll be moving on in the summer. He’s shown himself to be a real class act, would be amazed if there wasn’t a premiership club willing to make him an offer.

1 hour ago, Specky Ginger said:

I think we paid East Fife for Paul McManus the first time we signed him.

McManus, who the fucks McManus?

3 hours ago, CALDERON said:

WE'VE GOT CABIN

OUR GARDEN SHED!