The New Raith Rovers Thread

Genuinely laughed at the suggestion we would sign him recently, didn’t see him wanting to come and even more the thought of us paying the development fee i seen reported a while back.

Fair play for the club putting its money where its mouth is.

Even more gutted i can’t make it onSaturday now.

sketch-1634217126622.thumb.png.e0ae89b220830d212da21ffc02b5870b.png

That's some statement of intent. Not a move I can say I expected from the Rovers, but credit where it's due. 

He's still young and still needs time to develop, he wasn't outstanding every week last season, but he's more than good enough to play Championship football, and who knows where his ceiling is. I can't think that there's anyone else out there who would be a better signing with the windows closed. 

On 10/10/2021 at 12:47, TxRover said:

Would be shocked if we signed anything other than a winger..

…but I did also say Ross was a pipe dream! Never been happier to be wrong, that’s an amazing commitment from the club. Wonder if the compensation might be tied to playing time?

6 minutes ago, renton said:

3 year deal, obviously hoping we can make it back in a year when we sell him...

Suppose the money from Tait going to Hibs will have contributed to this. I wasn’t happy with the move at the time, and I’m still not really, but I’m delighted to see us using that money to bring in another promising young player. 

I don't think we could've managed a better signing. That's fantastic (as long as we've cut down Aberdeen on the fee a fair bit!). 

This is a signing that certainly hasn't been made under duress as well - it's a player that will improve the team and options available, and isn't just here to make up numbers because we're short. It's the right signing and definitely one worth investing some of our proceeds into. 

I'm absolutely delighted with this. 

4 minutes ago, Paco said:

Blaise Riley-Snow has signed until the end of the season too.

I think that's the right choice. Provides continuity through January when we'll likely have to make at least a couple of moves already, but I'm not convinced he's done enough to warrant anything beyond the end of the season. 

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Well, that’s a pretty disappointing update. I was starting to feel that JMcG was intending Arnott as a possible plug-in replacement for Tait and starting to give him more time to see if it was possible. That sidelines Arnott through November, and likely seals us resigning Riley-Snow for the Spring, if he doesn’t have someone else interesting and raising the price and Dylan leaves. The Frankie news is concerning, but might make it easier to keep him another year…if we want to.

I think we should sign up BRS at least until the end of the season, hopefully we can do some good business in jan but no guarantees. We really are jinxed at times with injuries. Worrying about Frankie and makes it imperative we are planning for January now ( which I’m sure we are tbf )