The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Athlete29 said:

Has scored a grand total of 0 goals thus far in his career. 🙃

Well, as long as he sprints down the wing and crosses it to Poplatnik/Varian/Mitchell, I don’t care how many he’s scored. Certainly make a fun substitute for Connolly and induce panic in the enemies rear…😳🤣

1 hour ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Unless I'm very much mistaken, he'd be the first Cameroonian to play for us since Thierry Gatthuessi, the only player I can recall John McGlynn subbing before half-time just for being utterly dreadful. 

What about Colin Cameroon

5 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Was there not one match at Stark's where he took an outrageous dive and ended up being booed by the Rovers support? 

Don’t recall that, but he did have a great dive away to Dundee in the cup quarter final from which Laurie Ellis scored that header.

9 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Was there not one match at Stark's where he took an outrageous dive and ended up being booed by the Rovers support? 

Ayr United at home, possibly? Stephen Simmons scored a very late header to nick a point in a 1-1 draw I think. 

It was one of the worst dives I have ever seen. 

3 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Not sure if this has been shared already but David Latto is looking to get his version of Geordie Munro recorded. He did it on A View from the Terrace and it was cracking. Well worth supporting if you can. 

It’s a great version to be fair. He’s done a really good job to make a Scottish folk song into something a bit modern.

We had a re-recording of “Geordie Munro” some years ago, for Reclaim the Rovers, I think. It was Crooked Jack plus some supporters, if memory serves correctly. Awful.
Yeah, I wasn't a fan of it either. I think it was done for charity rather than reclaim the rovers though.

Hey folks, David Latto here...

Just came to post and let you know about the Geordie Munro fundraiser but see that's it's already been posted! Really appreciate the support on this. We're just over half way to the target now so if you can contribute it's much appreciated! Can't wait to hear it ringing round Starks! 

Cheers

David 

Just now, raith1974 said:

What does the article say can't access

Tait is now only training with us on a Thursday and Friday. Rest of the week he is training with Hibs. McGlynn has no qualms about this. Confirmed we have two trailists in to have a look at but that's all it is - no guarantees we'll sign them.