The New Raith Rovers Thread

Bill Gilby in this week's Rovers Review has a similar piece but a bit more hard hitting...and rightly so. Absolutely no place for that shit in any support but as far as I'm concerned especially in the Rovers support.😠

9 hours ago, Raithie said:

Can't say I've heard it. Is said person it's aimed at a sex offender? 

Think it’s one of these songs where you just insert name of someone you don’t like. Was aimed at Peter Grant at the Derby, aimed at Euan Murray at Killie. As far as I’m aware neither are sex offenders. It’s brutal patter, much like the songs calling someone gay or a pedophile back in the past. 

20 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Think it’s one of these songs where you just insert name of someone you don’t like. Was aimed at Peter Grant at the Derby, aimed at Euan Murray at Killie. As far as I’m aware neither are sex offenders. It’s brutal patter, much like the songs calling someone gay or a pedophile back in the past. 

Yep. It was sung almost non stop at the Pars match. No doubt that's why Murray was gesturing to the Rovers support after their equaliser last week. 

Pretty sure the chant was started by Newcastle fans about Cristiano Ronaldo given his history and seems to have been adopted by various fans since but the names inserted are prominent figures in the opposition rather than anyone actually accused of anything.

The Dunfermline fans were singing it about McGlynn as well. As above, its brutal patter and childish stuff. In fairness to the young lads, when people complained about the Nando Mendy song I’m pretty sure they stopped it quickly afterwards so hopefully they do the same here and they continue their excellent backing of the team without that song.

Young lads have been brilliant. Really added to the atmosphere, particularly on away trips. There’s plenty of better songs that has the whole away end joining in, as happened at Killie on Saturday. As you say, they listened before so hopefully will do the same this time. Leave the ‘we’ll sing what we like and f*ck the rest of you’ stuff to the Old Firm. 

Taken from a post on the Killie v Raith thread referencing Euan Murray's action after the equaliser. Totally understandable why Andy and Bill have called this out.

"Don’t think we can complain too much that he gave us a bit of abuse when we were singing he’s a sex offender 😂

3 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Can't argue withanything he says in this, pretty much was a routine win and defo a penalty on Mitchell, probably a pen for Tait as well.

Liking the way he describes the Mitchell incident as an assault.

Nae haudin' back wi' that yin!😄