The New Raith Rovers Thread

That’s unfortunate, to say the least. Closest replacement on the bench is…Arnott??? Not a good sign, but that’s the way the cookie crumbles. Maybe see more of Varian and Poppy with Zanatta slashing in from wide.

16 minutes ago, Lang Toun Lad said:

Fotheringham away right after the loan window closes.

Yep. It was an absolute certainty to happen, wasn't it? 

I'm disappointed, partly because we're another man down and now struggling to fill a bench, and partly because I thought there was a hint in that Dunfermline match that Fotheringham could do us a turn in that number 10 role. 

53 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Yep. It was an absolute certainty to happen, wasn't it? 

I'm disappointed, partly because we're another man down and now struggling to fill a bench, and partly because I thought there was a hint in that Dunfermline match that Fotheringham could do us a turn in that number 10 role. 

Yeah its one back one out scenario

Thought JMc was a bit coy in the interview on other injuries/illnesses

39 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

The headline should read 'Red Zones abolished - kind of' 

I'd genuinely be shocked if ANY away club, including Raith Rovers when visiting other grounds, agreed to reduced social distancing. Why should they? For little or no benefit of changing in an actual changing room, they accept the risk that a single Covid case in the days afterward results in half the squad having to isolate or take costly PCR tests even if they are double vaccinated (which many are not). 

That statement is really just Raith themselves trying to pass the blame to the opposition when fans dont get their usual seats. Just as the JRG passed the buck to clubs with Monday's statement without actually changing much in underlying requirements.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

There is an unfortunate confluence in the loss of Kai and the loaning of McKay. With Kai out, I could easily see more play with three CB, allowing one or the other FB to freely range forward while the CB’s shift as needed, as we did with Killie. However, with McKay gone away on loan (correctly, I believe, given the situation at the time of the loan window closing), Musonda becomes our only depth at CB while he rounds into shape if Lang/Bene/Berra is our CB lineup. That may slow or halt JMcG’s plans for Frankie at DM.

Additionally, Connolly doesn’t seem as capable of the full 90 minutes as Zanatta, and although that might be due to any of several factors, the loss of a like for like substitute is unfortunate.

1 hour ago, raith1974 said:

Not sure if we could strike some sort of deal but it appears Ethan Ross is free. Yes we would be due money to Aberdeen but could we not get something sorted to get him in the shop window and help us out.

Supposedly there were pretty big clubs in England who were not willing to pay the sizeable development fee that would be due to Aberdeen. It strikes me though young Ethan is in some sort of a reverse Bosman situation here. Aberdeen clearly entitled by the rules to a fee but nobody willing to pay it so he’s stuck without a club. Is there a time limit on how long a player can remain a free agent a club still demand a fee? It seems a bit unfair on the lad if he wants to play football but Aberdeen can effectively prevent that.

5 hours ago, Enigma said:

Is there a time limit on how long a player can remain a free agent a club still demand a fee? 

20 minutes ago, RRFC1989 said:

I think our only options right now is the free agent market (those without a development fee) or to recall Keatings which I think would be even more embarrassing given how he left.

They can demand a fee till he turns 23.

You cant recall Keatings, or anyone else on loan. 

Well, you can, but he wouldnt be permitted to play 1st team football before Jan 1st.