The New Raith Rovers Thread

12 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

In particular, Queens were rotten but took their chance and then frustrated us. 

😄 uh huh, "rotten".

We were the better side for an hour and probably should have been at least two up. As most of you conceded at the time. Some significant re-writing of history going on here off the bzck of half an hour when our keeper had to make a whole ONE save. 

Edited by Skyline Drifter

[emoji1] uh huh, "rotten".
We were the better side for an hour and probably should have been at least two up. As most of you conceded at the time. Some significant re-writing of history going on here off the bzck of half an hour when our keeper had to make a whole ONE save. 
There's no significant rewriting of history at all. I'm not denying Queens had chances and deserved their goal. But we created plenty during the first half. The second half was a case of superb game management.

Queens getting a win there isn't going to change my viewpoint that you were a thoroughly unimpressive footballing side. One twenty minute spell of putting us under pressure followed by 60 minutes of 10 men behind the ball is hardly going to make anyone in our support shit themselves when we go down to Palmerston.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

There's no significant rewriting of history at all. I'm not denying Queens had chances and deserved their goal. But we created plenty during the first half. The second half was a case of superb game management.

Queens getting a win there isn't going to change my viewpoint that you were a thoroughly unimpressive footballing side. One twenty minute spell of putting us under pressure followed by 60 minutes of 10 men behind the ball is hardly going to make anyone in our support shit themselves when we go down to Palmerston.

Nor should it. But "rotten" is a laughably inaccurate description of our showing that day. 

Or its trolling. In which case well done, you hooked one. 

I thought the Queens game was a mirror image of our trip to Cappielow.

Away team started well, deservedly went ahead, then managed the game well despite a lot of huff and puff from the home side in the second half.

We could easily have taken a point from Queens, but Morton could have done the same to us. 

I had to watch the Queens game from home due to covid isolation and the Raith TV guys were waxing lyrical about Queens' performance in the first half.

Edited by Specky Ginger

Nor should it. But "rotten" is a laughably inaccurate description of our showing that day. 
Or its trolling. In which case well done, you hooked one. 
I'm not the type to go fishing on here tbh. Its all subjective anyway and it's a moot point now. If we are a better team, it'll be reflected over the course of the season.

55 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

😄 uh huh, "rotten".

You still annoyed about this ?😂😂 move on with your life mate , some folk see things differently and I still think you were a pretty boring team that day who I’m glad I don’t see play often 🤷🏻‍♂️ 😉😂😂

Edited by Been going too long

4 minutes ago, grumswall said:

When is mcglynns contract up?

Think the club should take the same cavalier approach to his contract as it did to season ticket holders in the late 90s and offer a lifetime one.

Edited by Enigma

10 minutes ago, grumswall said:

That is worrying. Need to get him tied down ASAP.

Without wishing to be complacent, I'm not sure he'll be desperate to move on from the Rovers, given his age and his affection for the club.

He left before and walked into a mess at Hearts. 

I'm not sure an unstable Premier club like Livi or Dundee would massively appeal to him.

Without wishing to be complacent, I'm not sure he'll be desperate to move on from the Rovers, given his age and his affection for the club.
I'm not sure an unstable Premier club like Livi or Dundee would massively appeal to him.

I don't see him moving on to another club either. What does worry me is that with his health problems last season he may decide to call it a day. I think we will be his last full time role in football but hopefully it continues for another few years yet.

SkylineDrifter gave a match report from the game yesterday that led me to believe he'd been at an entirely different game. 

I find it quite easy to beleive QoTS were rotten. 

Edited by Grant228

6 minutes ago, TASC_1878 said:

Advice required. Where would best for the supporters bus to go on the 16th pre Match for a few refreshments? It would need to be child friendly as well. We have been recommended the Nova bar. Thanks in advance 

I got sold my first ever pint as an underager in the Penny Farthing if that helps? 

Admittedly that was 12 years ago so I'm not sure if it's still as child friendly. 

2 hours ago, Beachbum said:

End of the season.

2 hours ago, grumswall said:

That is worrying. Need to get him tied down ASAP.

2 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

I watched Dundee’s attempts against St Johnstone today on Sportscene and thought ‘wonder what McGlynn would do at the likes of Dundee?’

I suppose he’s already been to Livi and Hearts and learnt first hand how cutthroat some teams can be with managers. If he wants a job for life at Rovers I’d be happy enough.

Edited by Scary Bear

36 minutes ago, TASC_1878 said:

Advice required. Where would best for the supporters bus to go on the 16th pre Match for a few refreshments? It would need to be child friendly as well. We have been recommended the Nova bar. Thanks in advance 

The Novar is fine. We were there on Friday night and the beer and service were excellent. Also, they've got 3 screens for the football.

59 minutes ago, TASC_1878 said:

Novar in Nicol Street or O'Connell's on the High Street are probably your best bets.

Both a ten minute walk from the ground.

The Duchess serves meals but I don't think they show football.

3 hours ago, grumswall said:
4 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

I don't see him moving on to another club either. What does worry me is that with his health problems last season he may decide to call it a day. I think we will be his last full time role in football but hopefully it continues for another few years yet.

If you put John side by side with a butchers dog you'd get the vet to the dog.

Looking at him yesterday he looked in rude health.