The New Raith Rovers Thread

10 minutes ago, philpy said:

I'm worried we'll get a thrashing on Saturday.  4 games in just over a week isn't great.

I've only seen Kilmarnock once this season when they were on TV last week against Arbroath - they looked absolute dug shite. However they are 3 points off top spot so obviously have something about them and have a big squad so will more than likely will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season. 

11 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I wasn't questioning his ability to defend more the fact he can't actually play football with the ball at his feet.

Would be inclined to agree with that to a degree but that's the case for a lot of defenders. We typically try and play out from the back (sadly the half you watched yesterday we toiled at stages) and Berra/Bene always seem to have ample space and time to pass about themselves and teams have rarely tried to press us high up the pitch where I'd suspect we'd revert to long balls. Balls in the air, he'll mop up all day long and has looked more than capable and comfortable at this level. Good organiser as well and has been a bit of a surprise for most of Rovers fans as like you, probably felt he was done at Championship level.

Just now, Been going too long said:

I would agree but you have a strong squad yourselves, would expect to see you push them especially adding Mcdaid from dundee

We have a Brad Mckay & a Ben Hall. We also have Gary Miller as our only option at right back due to Ryan Williamson being out injured all the time. Definitely should be doing better with the squad we have but that's the norm for us so we're on course for another shite season. 

Fotheringham got a lot of stick from our fans last year due to the absolute shit show we produced at the end of the season. But I actually think there's a quality player in there, looked bright when he came on yesterday and Mcglynn will use him a lot more effectively than we did last year.

23 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

We have a Brad Mckay & a Ben Hall. We also have Gary Miller as our only option at right back due to Ryan Williamson being out injured all the time. Definitely should be doing better with the squad we have but that's the norm for us so we're on course for another shite season. 

Fotheringham got a lot of stick from our fans last year due to the absolute shit show we produced at the end of the season. But I actually think there's a quality player in there, looked bright when he came on yesterday and Mcglynn will use him a lot more effectively than we did last year.

I hope so we need everyone pulling there weight as we don’t have huge amount of options now vaughan is out and keatings away 

Just now, RRPT said:

Who covers RB when Tumilty is inevitably injured? Should really avoid playing Matthews there if we can help it. 

Can only imagine Musonda isn't all that far away. Still, should either full back get injured on Saturday, which will almost certainly now happen, we are in bother until he's back. 

I get McKay's playing time has been limited, but I really don't think we're in a position to be loaning players out at the minute. 

Just now, Michael W said:

Can only imagine Musonda isn't all that far away. Still, should either full back get injured on Saturday, which will almost certainly now happen, we are in bother until he's back. 

I get McKay's playing time has been limited, but I really don't think we're in a position to be loaning players out at the minute. 

There better be a body coming in today or is big John just trying to make things a bit more challenging for himself as it’s too easy 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

15 minutes ago, ListerRRFC said:

This is literally all we had to put out when Keatings left rather than the 'body isn't strong enough' pish.

If I am being picky, McKay doesn't need match experience. 

He does need a run of games after his injury though so hopefully this will work out for him,

With Lang in reserve and Frankie on his way back, he's not got much of a chance of action with us at the moment.

Hopefully with a couple out on loan in recent days we will see at least 1 if not 2 new players. Wages partially freed up. We need an imposing figure up front or at least someone with experience who can put the ball in the net. Varian too inexperienced no one else looking capable of scoring the goals we need other than Zanatta.