The New Raith Rovers Thread

There's a lot of talk and ambition at the minute but for me the thing is about building up a professional organisation. How many decades have we relied upon the good faith of our modest support to clean the stands, do the gardening, clear snow off the pitch, man the club shop etc etc. I'm glad the club are looking to sort out a lot of stuff, invest money in the ground at long last and have a plan to market the team and attract young fans. 

This is all long term stuff though and I hope everyone is committed to the long term. 

15 minutes ago, pub car king said:

There's a lot of talk and ambition at the minute but for me the thing is about building up a professional organisation. How many decades have we relied upon the good faith of our modest support to clean the stands, do the gardening, clear snow off the pitch, man the club shop etc etc. I'm glad the club are looking to sort out a lot of stuff, invest money in the ground at long last and have a plan to market the team and attract young fans. 

This is all long term stuff though and I hope everyone is committed to the long term. 

Been here for 35 years, I'm going nowhere fast :)

For us to have any hope of reaching the Premiership we need to invest in the product on the pitch.Portacabins,community hubs,providing away fan experience etc wont get us there

It will create income though for extra monies on players/the team - hopefully!

18 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

It will create income though for extra monies on players/the team - hopefully!

Yep accept that along with all the other plans for the future but for me the product on the pitch Is more important along with doing our utmost to keep our best young players a wee bit longer

Edited by Rovers_Lad

John sim is trying to have the club self sufficient and not wholly depend on crowd revenue so it’s a no brainer for me and the extra hospitality spaces / rooms to let for private  functions etc can’t be a bad thing , What facilities are available just now the 200 club and only after the game for non members. Let’s be sensible here we throw thousands at a squad which guarantees absolutely nothing and we all know that the clubs has been there before let’s be patient and see where John gets us he’s well aware we are short up top so we have to trust the man

9 hours ago, grumswall said:

We don't need to know the ins and outs of every decision mcglynn makes. Just trust the guy, he's earned that trust.

Some of us who are interested in the team like to be updated on developments, without demanding to know the ins and outs.

12 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

I was hoping McGlynn was going to say something about players he's pursuing in his interview. Better news about Musonda 'tho.

Think McGlynn made it clear in his post match interview against Celtic the situation we're in without having to repeat it.

Tonight is the 3rd anniversary of John McGlynn's first match back in charge (5-1 away to Dumbarton).

Although we've been pretty much on an upward trajectory since, we've never managed to win three league games in a row since his return.

Make tonight the night Rovers.

Please.