The New Raith Rovers Thread

11 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Yeah that was pretty much what was inferred. 

On 24/09/2021 at 20:30, TxRover said:

Christ, I like Poplatnik, but if we had got Nouble instead…

I mean yeah 100%. There was zero chance you would've got Nouble as we actually see a future for him at Livi. Poplatnik will be away in the summer when his deal is up. As it is, Nouble spends 2 days and a gameday with Arbroath and another few with us doing training with the 1st team. I imagine that's why he's maintaining such a high level as well, he's getting a Premiership training schedule alongside players at that level.

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

Another one of the part time ‘perks’ that. Especially with younger players. 

I can see us doing a swap with Jack Hamilton in January possibly as well as he can't get a look in at all right now. I imagine that getting Nouble in was also part of taking Harrison Clark to get him game time and experience as well.

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

I can see us doing a swap with Jack Hamilton in January possibly as well as he can't get a look in at all right now. I imagine that getting Nouble in was also part of taking Harrison Clark to get him game time and experience as well.

Yeah can see Jack coming back and getting games here to win himself a deal at some place like Dunfermline or whatever in the summer.

5 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Yeah can see Jack coming back and getting games here to win himself a deal at some place like Dunfermline or whatever in the summer.

I can't see us letting him go, and we'd be due compensation (about 200-300k which no one will pay) if he rejects the deal. We'll offer him a 3 year deal in the summer and he'll basically need to sign it or sit out of football for a year, a bit rough but that's the power in the u23 rule. 

Only way I can see him leaving is someone offering us a swap that we'd deem to be beyond his worth.

1 hour ago, Been going too long said:

Hasn’t looked good at all

Has he ever? 

It would be an overstatement to say he didn't look "good" for us, but I don't think he was ever outstanding. He got a Scotland call up purely on the basis of playing for Rangers, but he never really looked particularly good for them, and he's largely struggled for game time since. 

54 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Has he ever? 

It would be an overstatement to say he didn't look "good" for us, but I don't think he was ever outstanding. He got a Scotland call up purely on the basis of playing for Rangers, but he never really looked particularly good for them, and he's largely struggled for game time since. 

Very true mate

Good victory in the end, but we need to know when Frankie is back, best defender last season and needed to tighten up in there or maybe add something defensively in midfield.  Interesting we take of Spencer and we lose goals. By christ we also need a striker. Get someone in JM. 

20 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Good victory in the end, but we need to know when Frankie is back, best defender last season and needed to tighten up in there or maybe add something defensively in midfield.  Interesting we take of Spencer and we lose goals. By christ we also need a striker. Get someone in JM. 

Agree with all of that mate