The New Raith Rovers Thread

40 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

I understand the point you are making and you are absolutely right we could bring ‘someone’ in but that doesn’t really help us. There’s no point bringing another body in just for the sake of if it doesn’t improve us.

I know you might not be suggesting we should have went for Robertson but as far as I know he is a deep lying central midfielder so adding someone like him, as decent a player as he may be, wouldn’t actually do anything to help us. We would still have the same issues and we have 5 reasonable central midfield options at the moment which is more than enough.

The new signing has to be better than what we have and has to be a forward either a number 10 to add creativity or a number 9 who can be relied upon to chip in close to double figures at this level, neither of which we have. Unfortunately, those types of players don’t grow on trees and those who have them don’t normally send them out on loan so we will just have to be patient and wait to see if the right player comes up.

As someone mentioned before a Shields, Hamilton, Mullen type player that is out the picture at Premier League level would be our best hope but not sure if they are realistic targets, given some may just be out the picture due to injury. Another 17/18 year old loanee added just so we have an extra body wouldn’t do much to alleviate the concerns most supporters have about our attacking options.

Yeah your right mate not suggesting Robertson just deals are there to be done, Hamilton would be fantastic but with keatings going we definitely need a body in for cover/competition but your right we don’t want another fotheringham in( no offence to him) hopefully something happens soon

We’d like another forward, but can we afford it? Similar in midfield/wing. We have a couple of bodies for these positions that we barely use, for good reason, but options none the less. I suspect the Keatings issue is much deeper, and this short loan part of a bigger plan between him and the team, possibly to unload him somehow.
I don't think mcglynn would be looking for another player if we couldn't afford it.

10 minutes ago, TxRover said:

We’d like another forward, but can we afford it? Similar in midfield/wing. We have a couple of bodies for these positions that we barely use, for good reason, but options none the less. I suspect the Keatings issue is much deeper, and this short loan part of a bigger plan between him and the team, possibly to unload him somehow.

As I said Celtic game money is a bonus so why not use some of it? We have the fee for tait and we didn’t need to sell apparently so I feel being pro active will give everts lift. Keatings Will maybe decide part time is the way forward for him physically , who knows 🤷🏻‍♂️

3 minutes ago, grumswall said:
14 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I don't think mcglynn would be looking for another player if we couldn't afford it.

But how much do we have and what will it get…that may be the irons he’s referring to, and why he’s so coy.

10 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

So Dunfermline have a first team player who’s going for 1-2-1 sessions at a kids football camp to try and get better…. And they have the cheek to call us the wee team!

5C03B319-A312-4DC3-B64C-D7EE107A2FA9.jpeg

Player plays football in his spare time to try improve. 

I'm going to take the whoosh here. 

So Dunfermline have a first team player who’s going for 1-2-1 sessions at a kids football camp to try and get better…. And they have the cheek to call us the wee team!
5C03B319-A312-4DC3-B64C-D7EE107A2FA9.thumb.jpeg.f03d4c46d1ce7175b875559882d72466.jpeg

Don’t think this is the take you think it is. No real difference to going to training every day, is it? He’s just training on his own.

30 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Player plays football in his spare time to try improve. 

I'm going to take the whoosh here. 

The fact he’s doing extra training isn’t the issue. I’d be concerned as to why he feels the facilities on offer at your own training centre aren’t sufficient enough that he feels he needs to go to an academy that trains kids off the street to improve.

Do Dunfermline not have coaches that could have helped out with 1-2-1 training?

59 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

You have much to learn young padawans.

PS love a bit of To Mega Therion.

It’s a quality album. I’m going through a wee Mastodon phase at the mo. But Celtic Frost are in my top ten of favourite bands. 

10 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

The fact he’s doing extra training isn’t the issue. I’d be concerned as to why he feels the facilities on offer at your own training centre aren’t sufficient enough that he feels he needs to go to an academy that trains kids off the street to improve.

Do Dunfermline not have coaches that could have helped out with 1-2-1 training?

Let's be brutally honest here, you're reaching massively here to try and find something to laugh at Dunfermline about, the fact that we're bottom with two points should have given you plenty ammunition, the fact you've went for "Player uses another coach to give him an insight" really isn't the point of hilarity you seem to think it is. 

Lee Robinson who was largely a joke figure goalkeeper at this level has done very well for himself with his coaching buisness, here he is yeeting balls with current Premier league keeper David Raya. 

I'd imagine that David Raya has access to most facilities, working on his distribution with a Scottish Championship keeper is less surprising than a squad player with Dunfermline working with Joe Cardle. 

Maybe Cole wanted to develop cutting in from the left, who knows. If you'd be concerned about a Raith player doing similar that's on you being very silly. 

I mean, it's not like one of our own players did exactly the same thing...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CS_savrMKEi/?utm_medium=copy_link

I think it was Danny Denholm who was chatting with John Rankin about there's an absolutely brutal culture of people being a "busy b*****d". I know it's not the point you're making but folk don't see that most players go out their way to spend extra time in the gym or using coaching sessions to put in extra work.

Personally I'd be happy for anyone, whether in or out of football to go out and trying to better themselves. As a nation, we're awful for putting people down trying to better themselves or putting in extra work.

11 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Cole and Cardle also played together for a season, so presumably Cole knows what Cardle’s coaching is likely to be like, and exactly where he can help him improve.

Also, there’s this…

08C42325-7FB0-4573-82D2-4EA7AA2FE48C.thumb.jpeg.fea833965589328701a302684b055114.jpeg

:lol:

Zing.