The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Really enjoyed McGlynn's post match interview - he seems absolutely pumped up to the max in some respect 😆

On that note - he talks about recruitment and wouldn't say it sounds a stick on we'll be bringing someone else in. He feels happy with the squad he's got...

Mcglynn was like Spud from Trainspotting in that.

We desperately need bodies though. I hope that interview was him being coy.  We've lost one forward to injury, sent one on loan, and have a midfield player who has been sold to someone else.  The squad isnt fine as it is.

16 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Looks that way mate and no matter what 💩 is spouted from the club that seems to be there aim as well 

Especially when McGlynn spouted the we want to be here twice next season and Ibrox. Dear god. The way the club are going we’ll be lucky to stay out of the relegation spots

23 minutes ago, grumswall said:

He's probably just attempting to manage expectations. It's not a gaurentee we'll be able to get anyone in of the required quality at this stage.

Yeah. He says we've got a couple of irons in the fire but there's no guarantee that a deal will be done. 

He's not daft.

We desperately need bodies though. I hope that interview was him being coy.  We've lost one forward to injury, sent one on loan, and have a midfield player who has been sold to someone else.  The squad isnt fine as it is.
The guy we sent on loan isn't getting muck game time two leagues below us. IMO he shouldn't have been in the equation when looking at a team of forwards you need to rely on.

2 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

The guy we sent on loan isn't getting muck game time two leagues below us. IMO he shouldn't have been in the equation when looking at a team of forwards you need to rely on.

Think he means James keatings mate not Mahady 

Cove have just signed Finlay Robertson on loan from Dundee until January, think if we try hard enough we will get someone in, only the rovers could have a good season then turn it into a PR disaster[emoji2359]
We can't bring anyone in until January. Lower league clubs have different rules.

50 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Especially when McGlynn spouted the we want to be here twice next season and Ibrox. Dear god. The way the club are going we’ll be lucky to stay out of the relegation spots

Or we win on Sunday and we're possibly in the top 4. 

3 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
15 minutes ago, Been going too long said:
Cove have just signed Finlay Robertson on loan from Dundee until January, think if we try hard enough we will get someone in, only the rovers could have a good season then turn it into a PR disasteremoji2359.png

We can't bring anyone in until January. Lower league clubs have different rules.

Have you watched McGlynn's interview? We can bring someone in - either a free agent or a domestic loan.

15 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Cove have just signed Finlay Robertson on loan from Dundee until January, think if we try hard enough we will get someone in, only the rovers could have a good season then turn it into a PR disaster🤦🏻‍♂️

I understand the point you are making and you are absolutely right we could bring ‘someone’ in but that doesn’t really help us. There’s no point bringing another body in just for the sake of if it doesn’t improve us.

I know you might not be suggesting we should have went for Robertson but as far as I know he is a deep lying central midfielder so adding someone like him, as decent a player as he may be, wouldn’t actually do anything to help us. We would still have the same issues and we have 5 reasonable central midfield options at the moment which is more than enough.

The new signing has to be better than what we have and has to be a forward either a number 10 to add creativity or a number 9 who can be relied upon to chip in close to double figures at this level, neither of which we have. Unfortunately, those types of players don’t grow on trees and those who have them don’t normally send them out on loan so we will just have to be patient and wait to see if the right player comes up.

As someone mentioned before a Shields, Hamilton, Mullen type player that is out the picture at Premier League level would be our best hope but not sure if they are realistic targets, given some may just be out the picture due to injury. Another 17/18 year old loanee added just so we have an extra body wouldn’t do much to alleviate the concerns most supporters have about our attacking options.

I was pretty confident we’d have someone in before Sunday, less so after watching McGlynn’s interview. It just felt like with such a condensed schedule for a fortnight, Keatings getting even 15-20 mins at the end of a couple of matches would give someone a little bit of a breather and help recover for the next game in three days time.

If we don’t get someone in the next couple of days I think that has to indicate a pretty serious falling out, otherwise I don’t see what the harm would’ve been in asking Montrose to wait a week. All it takes is a couple of tiny niggles and we’re left with a 17 year old to start up front on his own.

11 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

I haven't watch it yet. A free agent? I hope they have been training regularly with a club or it will be January before they are fit emoji23.png

Aye going by his interview I think he's of the view a free agent as a non starter as they'll have had no pre-season and played heehaw games.

11 hours ago, Been going too long said:

We need another attacking player in Tx no question, another injury or suspension and we are toiling, fotheringham looks poor and not ready for this level so Dario and Aiden need some real competition or another goal scorer, Celtic £’s are a bonus we hopefully use as we don’t want dragged into a relegation dogfight and we have lost two strikers. If no one is brought in then we should have kept keatings and hopefully got him fitter.

We’d like another forward, but can we afford it? Similar in midfield/wing. We have a couple of bodies for these positions that we barely use, for good reason, but options none the less. I suspect the Keatings issue is much deeper, and this short loan part of a bigger plan between him and the team, possibly to unload him somehow.