The New Raith Rovers Thread

53 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Surely weโ€™re bringing someone in if weโ€™re loaning Keatings out. ย At the very least Iโ€™d expect a loan until January with option to extend it if Keatings isnโ€™t brought back. Canโ€™t see us running with only two strikers with Vaughan out long term. Iโ€™d be very surprised if we havenโ€™t someone incoming, Gullan is probably the obvious one to speculate but if Hibs loan him again heโ€™s surely not going to make it there. Strange statement but Iโ€™ll wait and see what happens next few days. We definitely need someone to boost the numbers but we could really do with a goal scorer as weโ€™re lacking up top and Dario canโ€™t score them all for us. ย 

Reality is we have 3 or 4 CF right now..Varian, Poplatnik, Mitchell and Zanatta. Yes, Zanatta has played mainly at wing for a while, but he came into the league playing both wings and CF. We also have Mahady loaned out to Cowdenbeath. With Poplatnik here until January and Mahady due back then, I can see us running without replacing Keatings, who has played very few minutes so far. Is it smart, thatโ€™s another discussion.

18 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Reality is we have 3 or 4 CF right now..Varian, Poplatnik, Mitchell and Zanatta. Yes, Zanatta has played mainly at wing for a while, but he came into the league playing both wings and CF. We also have Mahady loaned out to Cowdenbeath. With Poplatnik here until January and Mahady due back then, I can see us running without replacing Keatings, who has played very few minutes so far. Is it smart, thatโ€™s another discussion.

Definitely isnโ€™t smart and very unfair on Mitchell as he has little first team experience, if Dario is used up front we need another wide player in. We have keatings on a 2 year contract ffs ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ What an absolute disaster from the clubย 

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Mahady is at Cowdenbeath for a reason and if he does come back in January it wont be to slot ย into the team

Seriously Mahady who has hardly kicked a ball for one of the worst teams in Scottish Senior football. Zanatta who is a winger and McGlynn who wants 3 wingers on his books. Poplatnik who doesn't look like he'll score many and Mitchell who is nothing more then a promising untried youngster. Maybe Jamie Gullan on loan is an option as he can play out on the left and through the middle or perhaps someone like a Keatings who is currently sitting on a bench of a Premier league team and getting no or little game time. Oh wait Jamie Gullan comes to mind.

Sorry, but that's just plain daft. Gullan's the answer, not moving Zanatta.

And please stop going on and on and on about 17 and 18 year olds as if they're the finished article.

4 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

There's an element of "damned if you do, damned if you don't" with this. Everyone complains when the statements don't have any detail, and now we're complaining again because the detail in the statement isn't right, but ultimately that's the difference between good comms and bad comms.

What a pile of shite

It's just a dreadfully worded statement.ย  It's a bizarre choice of words, and totally contradictory to imply somebodies body isn't up to playing football matches yet, so we are sending him out to play football matches.

I get that the club are probably trying to be more open to the fans, but I just wish somebody read those thing before hitting "post".

ย 

37 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

My guess is we'll be signing Gullan in January once Hibs have got themselves another striker, but again is he the answer to our scoring woes, as far as youth players that are on our books we need better quality than what they can offer at the moment,

His 4 goals in 15 games, or whatever it was, last season suggests probably not.ย 

I honestly want us to sign gullan, despite not rating him that highly, just to see an end to the "announce gullan" posts on 99% of anything that is posted on social media by the club. I'm still not even sure what his best position is. Arguably it's where zannata plays, so why would we bring in someone to displace our only attacking threat?

5 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Iโ€™d like us to sign Gullan, not because I think heโ€™d be right; purely because it would stop everyone talking about it.

35 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I honestly want us to sign gullan, despite not rating him that highly, just to see an end to the "announce gullan" posts

Feck me, this must be a wind up - he gives W**k a greenie for his idiocy then goes and repeats it ๐Ÿ˜‚

Now I know why the clique repeat the same stuff - they're all wired to the same brain cell

Edited by Raith_Raver