The New Raith Rovers Thread

I’d be absolutely raging if I was a player and my club released a statement like that. So unprofessional whether intentional or not.
Agreed, and I fear it reflects the strained relationship between player and manager/club. Something has been amiss for months and I very much doubt it's down to his body strength.

I think the intention has been to avoid the suggestion that there's been a fallout and leave the door open for him returning in January, but the choice of phrase is very, very odd. 

There's an element of "damned if you do, damned if you don't" with this. Everyone complains when the statements don't have any detail, and now we're complaining again because the detail in the statement isn't right, but ultimately that's the difference between good comms and bad comms. 

Interested to see if we get an explanation from McGlynn in his next interview, and how much detail he goes into. 

Either he's been shipped out because he can't cut it, or he's genuinely being sent out for ten weeks to get his fitness up. Right now, the former would seem much more likely than the latter. 

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

On the SPFL wed site it states that this season due to some window that it will close on 5th October 

addition, the dispensation currently afforded to League One and Two clubs enabling them to sign players on loan in September and February has been extended to Championship clubs.  The “September” window has been amended to October given that the Scottish FA has confirmed that the Scottish transfer window will close on 5 October.

Pretty sure that's last season when the window closed on 5th October instead of 31st August due to the late season start. I think that's historic info you're looking at. There's no window closing on 5th October this year.

9 minutes ago, spot on said:

Very poorly handled by Raith as was the mysterious situation with Duku last season. They do a lot of good things but they also deal with a lot of things very poorly too. 

How was Duku handled poorly?

Not very professional by the club and fans need to hear the full reason. Raith TV have to start asking the difficult question. Also I'm hoping we see a player or two sign in the next day or 2. There must be some decent strikers looking to go out on loan. 

Did he not latterly spend more time on the treatment table at ICT than he did playing, I thought at the time we were on a winner with him , but his goal scoring record wasn't really that great cept when he played against us

I doubt we'll see him back in January, if at all and I really hope McGlynn has a couple if loanees coming in or earmaked for the transfer window , as all we need now is Zanatta to get injured and thats us fooked

Surely we’re bringing someone in if we’re loaning Keatings out.  At the very least I’d expect a loan until January with option to extend it if Keatings isn’t brought back. Can’t see us running with only two strikers with Vaughan out long term. I’d be very surprised if we haven’t someone incoming, Gullan is probably the obvious one to speculate but if Hibs loan him again he’s surely not going to make it there. Strange statement but I’ll wait and see what happens next few days. We definitely need someone to boost the numbers but we could really do with a goal scorer as we’re lacking up top and Dario can’t score them all for us.  

Not very professional by the club and fans need to hear the full reason. Raith TV have to start asking the difficult question. Also I'm hoping we see a player or two sign in the next day or 2. There must be some decent strikers looking to go out on loan. 
Raith TV is never gonna ask the difficult question. It's the official club media outlet, for all the public to see, and like every other similar channel, will adopt the company position. If only we had fanzines nowadays like the excellent Starks Bark or the nearly as good ([emoji6]) 27/11. That's where you could address the difficult stuff.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Pretty sure that's last season when the window closed on 5th October instead of 31st August due to the late season start. I think that's historic info you're looking at. There's no window closing on 5th October this year.

Yep , once again you are correct , I was looking at 20/21 , 

Aye a bit unfair to ask a few volunteers who do a fantastic job with RaithTV to start potentially souring their role within the club by asking difficult questions. There are more than likely certain 'off limit questions' RaithTV know not to broach prior to their interviews being done I'd imagine or, what is more likely the case, they are doing the interviews in a professional manner and leave it in the hands of McGlynn to elaborate if he so chooses. Personally I don't feel it's fair to lump this at RaithTV's door to open pandora's box. 

Also, wouldn't Keatings need to pass a medical of some description if he's moving clubs? Would be surprised if a team said yes to the loan with the knowledge he was crocked/unfit etc, would just seem a bit of a gamble especially if we are hoping he's going to get extended playing time and not just 20 minutes here or there off the bench. Proof in the pudding will be if he finds himself starting Montrose's next game.

Just me that doesn’t think the statement is as sinister as some are making out?Might simply be a case of Keatings accepting his body can’t cope with FT training, and Raith suggesting half a season of PT football might build his fitness levels up to a point where they can re-integrate him into their training?