The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, basher brash said:

I’ll be fortunate enough to be a secret agent on Thursday night , I’ll have to sit on my hands 

Just remember you’re name is Bhasher Bhrash or they’ll know you’re not a Celtic man. 

Edited by San Starko Rover

On 15/09/2021 at 12:27, CallumPar said:

I appreciate it’s probably quite early, but away tickets are on sale for your trip to East End next month. Away tickets will be fairly limited, with fans being housed in the North East stand, as the East stand is used for away team changing. There’s probably only around 1,000 available.

dafc.co.uk/awaytickets

Cheers for this. Got a couple tonight ! Should be a good atmosphere with the home and away fans closer than usual ! 

11 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

Hadn’t realised until I listened to that interview with Vaughan posted above that Liam Gordon, now at St Johnstone, was in our youth team alongside Vaughan.

Encouraging that despite being in a few different guises our youth side of things has consistently produced decent players the last 5/6 years.

Hopefully it continues with whatever set up we go with from next year. The main thing, despite the reservations about the amount received for Tait, we do at least seem to be getting reasonable money for our best products now. You could make a decent 11 for this level from players that have come through in the last 5/6 years but we haven’t maximised the transfer revenue.

Laidlaw (Ross County)

McKay (Raith)   
Bates (Aberdeen)
Gordon (St Johnstone)   
Mackie (Hibs)

Matthews (Raith)     
Callachan (Ross County)     
Arnott (Raith)    
Tait (Hibs)

Bowie (Fulham)   
Vaughan (Raith)

Not to labour the point but looking at where a lot of those players have ended up must really frustrate Vaughan.

Just listened to the podcast, which was a decent listen.

After it finished I looked Gordon up and noticed his career history seems to start at Hearts. 

I remember a few years back we sold a couple of youngsters before they'd even got near the first team. One was to Hearts, who I assume was Gordon, and there was another went to Celtic if I'm remembering rightly. I think he might have been a goalkeeper but not certain. Anyone know who he was? 

Over the last few days of days have seen a couple of repro 'Barcelona' tops from the mid 90's on eBay, one in size large sold for £101 and an XXL sold for £80, currently a medium up for grabs. 

Just shows there is a big appetite for what was IMO the best Raith top ever, surely the club could look into this, better money in their coffers than some random guy's pocket.

s-l1600.jpg

6 minutes ago, spot on said:

Been reported this morning that Keatings is on his way on loan to Montrose. Strange situation and will leave is even shorter in numbers🤔

Really? 

Definitely something gone wrong there if true.

Oh no, all the Rovers fans on Twitter are going to be very upset. There's been a bizarre amount of clamour for Keatings recently. 

I was pleased when we signed him, but his game time, or lack thereof, speaks for itself. He's clearly not cutting it, so getting him out to League One makes sense. 

The big caveat is that we must replace him, and the reality is that it'll probably be another young player, and tips our squad further towards inexperience. 

Agreed. Folk seem to get really attached to a player when they're not playing even if they've not done much with their opportunities. Sometimes, things don't work out even initially. He's not getting game time and maybe a spell on loan will give him a chance to kick on. Worst comes to the worst he'll be back in January.

I'd rather we use Zanatta as a forward ahead of Keatings for now. You'd expect we'll have a replacement lined up. Wouldn't be surprised if that happened to be a certain forward coming back from Hibs.

1 minute ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Agreed. Folk seem to get really attached to a player when they're not playing even if they've not done much with their opportunities. Sometimes, things don't work out even initially. He's not getting game time and maybe a spell on loan will give him a chance to kick on. Worst comes to the worst he'll be back in January.

I'd rather we use Zanatta as a forward ahead of Keatings for now. You'd expect we'll have a replacement lined up. Wouldn't be surprised if that happened to be a certain forward coming back from Hibs.

I don't know. I just can't see Hibs loaning out Nisbet....

3 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Oh no, all the Rovers fans on Twitter are going to be very upset. There's been a bizarre amount of clamour for Keatings recently. 

I was pleased when we signed him, but his game time, or lack thereof, speaks for itself. He's clearly not cutting it, so getting him out to League One makes sense. 

The big caveat is that we must replace him, and the reality is that it'll probably be another young player, and tips our squad further towards inexperience. 

It might be irrational, but it's not bizarre -  by which I mean it's hardly unusual that fans would look to the guys we haven't seen a lot of to remedy the lack of goals from the players who do get game time.

With Keatings going, the chat will just pivot to Mitchell so long as the team fail to score goals.

Fine with it provided we replace him.

I thought it was a pretty odd signing at the time but didn’t see it failing to work out like this. A loan move at this stage surely points to a falling out?

Gullan seems the obvious shout to come in but he was due to move to Killie on a permanent deal on deadline day, and Hibs pulled out at the last moment due to injuries up front. Don’t see what could’ve changed for him to be loaned out to us three weeks later.

54 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Over the last few days of days have seen a couple of repro 'Barcelona' tops from the mid 90's on eBay, one in size large sold for £101 and an XXL sold for £80, currently a medium up for grabs. 

Just shows there is a big appetite for what was IMO the best Raith top ever, surely the club could look into this, better money in their coffers than some random guy's pocket.

s-l1600.jpg

Loved it but if copa were to remake it make it baggy fit like it was back in the day 😍