The New Raith Rovers Thread

I see the only comment on the Facebook post about this is some boy suggesting we sign recently released Newcastle United forward, one Andy Carroll, citing that he would “do us a turn”, and that “he’s better getting lower wages from us then [sic] not at all”.

I’m not sure what to say about that, really.
I don't know what's funnier. Suggesting signing an injury prone 30+ year old on a post about rewarding a young player, or the fact that he's even suggesting Andy caroll would take 400 quid a week just because it would get him out the house and it's better than nothing.

1 hour ago, grumswall said:
1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I see the only comment on the Facebook post about this is some boy suggesting we sign recently released Newcastle United forward, one Andy Carroll, citing that he would “do us a turn”, and that “he’s better getting lower wages from us then [sic] not at all”.

I don't know what's funnier. Suggesting signing an injury prone 30+ year old on a post about rewarding a young player, or the fact that he's even suggesting Andy caroll would take 400 quid a week just because it would get him out the house and it's better than nothing.

On the other hand, if you don’t ask…

Send the Middlesbrough Branch of Fife’s Finest over to serenade him?

Why would a guy who most likely has enough money to actually buy our club come and play for what is essentially a weekly shop at his house though. It's a bit deluded to think it could happen. It's like saying we should have made an offer to Messi in the summer because he was a free agent.

3 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 

45 minutes ago, grumswall said:
2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Why would a guy who most likely has enough money to actually buy our club come and play for what is essentially a weekly shop at his house though. It's a bit deluded to think it could happen. It's like saying we should have made an offer to Messi in the summer because he was a free agent.

Precisely why I made a ridiculously absurd suggestion…but, hey, we should have offered Messi too, he was free!

5 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Pay Andy Carroll footballers wages.

I had Lewis Vaughan on my podcast this week if anyone fancies giving it a listen. Speaks really well about the club and gives an update on how his recovery is going and of course I had to bring up his hat trick in the derby! Hope everyone enjoys, any feedback and shares/follows on social media’s appreciated!

YouTube: 

Spotify: 

Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/a-chat-with-lewis-vaughan/id1570371231?i=1000536007574

Cheers

Ross

5 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

After a bit of advice 🤦🏻‍♂️ Is the away top fitted like the home top or baggier? Did anyone have to go up a size? 

I've both and would say size is the same for both home and away tops. But yes absolutely go a size up. I had to go two sizes up my normal to get into them 😂

On 19/09/2021 at 20:07, tazz1903 said:

Why are Celtic not allowing away fans ? 

On 19/09/2021 at 20:21, Michael W said:

Because they are c***s. 

13 hours ago, therollorose said:

Something something red zone something something

also this. 

How are they getting away with this? FFS . Quarter final ? no away fans allowed 🤷‍♂️🤢

24 minutes ago, tazz1903 said:

How are they getting away with this? FFS . Quarter final ? no away fans allowed 🤷‍♂️🤢

Fair play to Celtic. Their red zone policy has achieved the impossible. 

Tazz is standing shoulder to shoulder with Rovers fans over this injustice. Who'd have thought it. 

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:

Fair play to Celtic. Their red zone policy has achieved the impossible. 

Tazz is standing shoulder to shoulder with Rovers fans over this injustice. Who'd have thought it. 

Tazz sympathising with an injustice?  Indeed a Rovers injustice! You couldnae write the script. Mind you, there's very little these days to keep his interest in football down Lower Methil way,😊

Hadn’t realised until I listened to that interview with Vaughan posted above that Liam Gordon, now at St Johnstone, was in our youth team alongside Vaughan.

Encouraging that despite being in a few different guises our youth side of things has consistently produced decent players the last 5/6 years.

Hopefully it continues with whatever set up we go with from next year. The main thing, despite the reservations about the amount received for Tait, we do at least seem to be getting reasonable money for our best products now. You could make a decent 11 for this level from players that have come through in the last 5/6 years but we haven’t maximised the transfer revenue.

Laidlaw (Ross County)

McKay (Raith)   
Bates (Aberdeen)
Gordon (St Johnstone)   
Mackie (Hibs)

Matthews (Raith)     
Callachan (Ross County)     
Arnott (Raith)    
Tait (Hibs)

Bowie (Fulham)   
Vaughan (Raith)

Not to labour the point but looking at where a lot of those players have ended up must really frustrate Vaughan.

1 hour ago, Raith's12Man said:

Anyone know if O’Connells will be showing the game on Thursday? Or any pubs other than maybe the novar that will be? Looked at Facebook pages of the exchequer, etc but can’t see anything to say they are. TIA

Styx & the Novar Bar have both advertised it on Facebook.

Edit: Also now on Exchequer's Facebook.

Edited by liam_barnett