The New Raith Rovers Thread

I’m still confused WTF Ayr United were doing with Dario that their fans thought he was a poor player? Honestly did they put him in goal or something?  He’s clearly a good player for this level and has shown it both times with us.  Takes his man on, has quick feet and can hit a good shot, genuinely not sure what else to want in a winger at this level. Like many on here I wasn’t exactly overwhelmed when we signed the lad as he’d sat on the bench at a very poor Ayr United side but I’ve zero complaints with him so far this season, like all players at this level he’ll have good games and bad but he’d certainly be in my starting 11.  

9 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

I’m still confused WTF Ayr United were doing with Dario that their fans thought he was a poor player? Honestly did they put him in goal or something?  He’s clearly a good player for this level and has shown it both times with us.  Takes his man on, has quick feet and can hit a good shot, genuinely not sure what else to want in a winger at this level. Like many on here I wasn’t exactly overwhelmed when we signed the lad as he’d sat on the bench at a very poor Ayr United side but I’ve zero complaints with him so far this season, like all players at this level he’ll have good games and bad but he’d certainly be in my starting 11.  

Problem at Ayr was that he was being played out of position then dropped , which resulted in him taking the huff , thus not getting played at all , also when at us we were totally shite which did not help the service he was getting 

10 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Some players just flourish at certain clubs and under certain managers. If anyone can get the best out of him it'll be McGlynn. I wasn't overly excited when he signed but happy to eat some humble pie. If he keeps performing the way he is then ultimately it's great for us and him. My worry is when teams do what they did to Kai Kennedy last season and sus him out to the point he becomes ineffective. Queens managed that to good effect. 

7 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

I get the clear impression that Zanatta was demotivated by Ayr's management and the fans' attitude to him.

The fan reaction against Zanatta didn't really happen until that tweet. Before then he was just another waste of space in a team littered with them.

Edited by RedEd

I think from Zanatta's perspective he clearly wasn't enjoying his time at Ayr, but also he had the chance to join a team who were doing exceptionally well and also one where he's got a lot of friends (He's known Hendry, Matthews and Vaughan all from his time before). Regardless, he's thriving at the moment. I've said it a few times before but we've seen with Nisbet how a player can completely change when they go into a different club with a bit of confidence. It should also be a lesson to fans who dismiss signings before they've had a chance to prove themselves. 

23 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Aye fair one seem to recall his interview when he signed had a few parting shots aimed at Ayr’s coaching side. 

19 minutes ago, RedEd said:

The fan reaction against Zanatta didn't really happen until that tweet. Before then he was just another waste of space in a team littered with them.

That seems to clear it up for me. He burned his bridges while still at the club.

4 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

That seems to clear it up for me. He burned his bridges while still at the club.

Pretty much. We very deep in the relegation more at the time. If he had said it a month or so later not too many would have bothered.

57 minutes ago, kev23 said:

Are any Rovers fans considering heading through on Thursday?

I was thinking about it. Had a quick check at available seats and it all seemed to be one or two seats here and there. Can’t be bothered sitting in with the Celtic fans. Pretty disappointing situation for a cup quarter final.

5 hours ago, Raithie said:

Some players just flourish at certain clubs and under certain managers. If anyone can get the best out of him it'll be McGlynn. I wasn't overly excited when he signed but happy to eat some humble pie. If he keeps performing the way he is then ultimately it's great for us and him. My worry is when teams do what they did to Kai Kennedy last season and sus him out to the point he becomes ineffective. Queens managed that to good effect. 

Agree mate he has proved a lot of us wrong and happy he has 

2 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

I was thinking about it. Had a quick check at available seats and it all seemed to be one or two seats here and there. Can’t be bothered sitting in with the Celtic fans. Pretty disappointing situation for a cup quarter final.

Why are Celtic not allowing away fans ? 

I can’t help but feel, despite it being a very nice gesture and seated in goodwill, that giving a man who’s just signed a £100k+ a year contract a giant novelty cheque for £150 for a new pair of boots is a tiny bit small time. 

I see the only comment on the Facebook post about this is some boy suggesting we sign recently released Newcastle United forward, one Andy Carroll, citing that he would “do us a turn”, and that “he’s better getting lower wages from us then [sic] not at all”.

I’m not sure what to say about that, really.