The New Raith Rovers Thread

8 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

If we can get a striker and our players fit I think a top four is a reasonable expectation.

I think Hamilton is a good chance of back to back relegations, and the pars will prob find their feet around the last half of the season. Good chance us and Queens can go toe to toe with Abroath and Thistle for 3rd and 4th.  We just really need to catch a break from bad luck, hopefully good luck is around the corner.

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:
2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
Poplatnik injured and likely to miss the Morton match. 

Connolly might be back for the Celtic game which is a positive.

I missed that bit at the end. Not fussed about the Celtic game but if he's back for the Partick match that would be good. If we can get away with him missing only two league matches that would be a decent outcome.

I appreciate it’s probably quite early, but away tickets are on sale for your trip to East End next month. Away tickets will be fairly limited, with fans being housed in the North East stand, as the East stand is used for away team changing. There’s probably only around 1,000 available.

dafc.co.uk/awaytickets

22 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Ben's a decent lad, his dad seemed a bit if a roaster after the abandoned derby but everyone gets caught up in the moment. Not sure why folk would drag his appearance into it.

My favourite bit of that video from the Scottish Cup game is the despairing "don't you dare!"

I’ll note my comment was not a jab at his appearance, but his need to hold his camera higher so we can’t see his sinuses while he complains.

38 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

I appreciate it’s probably quite early, but away tickets are on sale for your trip to East End next month. Away tickets will be fairly limited, with fans being housed in the North East stand, as the East stand is used for away team changing. There’s probably only around 1,000 available.

dafc.co.uk/awaytickets

Going to be pretty tasty then having boths of sets of fans close to one another. 

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

dafc.co.uk/awaytickets

I expect Rovers to announce details of this once we've got our ICT home game out of the way on the 23rd.

1 minute ago, Broken Algorithms said:
32 minutes ago, Raithie said:
Going to be pretty tasty then having boths of sets of fans close to one another. 

Don't think they'll have fans in the North West, if they do it'll be the far end. Would love it if that's not the case.

They've had fans in the North West this season and looked like the entire section was open.

Don't think they'll have fans in the North West, if they do it'll be the far end. Would love it if that's not the case.

We have the north west open every single league game - and have done for a number of years. There’s season ticket holders in there. Not sure why you think we’d close it for a game against Raith?

We have the very end section, closest to away fans, closed but the rest of the stand is open.

We have the north west open every single league game - and have done for a number of years. There’s season ticket holders in there. Not sure why you think we’d close it for a game against Raith?

We have the very end section, closest to away fans, closed but the rest of the stand is open.
I'd thought it was closed in the past but obviously I'm not following it closely: maybe got it mixed up with somewhere else. Been a good while since we've had fans in at East End.

6 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Poplatnik injured and likely to miss the Morton match. 

5 hours ago, renton said:

Oh f**k sakes.

Keatings must have taken a golf club to his shin.

Not a bad analysis. If Keatings is going to get a start, this may well be it. With Poplatnik out, our only choices are Varian (knocked about recently, and ineffective vs QoS), Mitchell (raw and pretty much an unknown quality), Zanatta (who is many things, but not an out and out striker) and Keatings…

I suspect, given JMcG’s stubborn nature, he might toss Varian out there again anyway versus Morton, but I’d suggest it time to try Keatings for real. Put Fotheringham and Zanatta on the wings and Spencer/Tait/Matthews in the middle…and keep BRS and Arnott ready to replace Spencer, Matthews or Tait if they are ineffective. Beggars can’t be choosers.

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

dafc.co.uk/awaytickets

Cheers for the info.

It'll be like the good old days under that she'd, but without the cage in the middle.

I'd imagine if Rovers sell out we'll possibly get the end of the main stand as well.