The New Raith Rovers Thread

Are Mahady and Coulson on full time contracts and if so do they train with us or Cowden or a mixture? I'd hope we're linking in with Cowden on why they aren't getting some valuable minutes. Is it because they aren't showing enough in training, too young, not ready etc?

Re Arnott. I think the fact he wasn't given an opportunity on Saturday when there was scope for him to play tells you everything you need to know about where he fits in with McGlynn's plans at the moment. Clearly not ready or will be more than likely given a chance if we're romping a game albeit it wouldn't surprise me if that Hamilton game is still fresh in McGlynn's mind when it comes to changing things when we're so far ahead in a game. The longer it goes on you feel Arnott is just there to prop up the bench and make up the numbers. 

13 hours ago, grumswall said:

Bollan seems to be the problem, not the players.

That seems the size of it. Coulson got a single start and was acceptable in performance according to reviews, not a superstar and had a rough day from  a strong challenge viewpoint, much like any newer player. Mahady gets 15 minutes or so now and then.

The fans are concerned that the opposition makes subs and adjustments, but Bollan doesn’t use his subs or make adjustments. The Raith coaches reportedly traveled to a midweek game to watch and neither Coulson nor Mahady saw a minute of play.

5 hours ago, Raithie said:

Are Mahady and Coulson on full time contracts and if so do they train with us or Cowden or a mixture? I'd hope we're linking in with Cowden on why they aren't getting some valuable minutes. Is it because they aren't showing enough in training, too young, not ready etc?

Re Arnott. I think the fact he wasn't given an opportunity on Saturday when there was scope for him to play tells you everything you need to know about where he fits in with McGlynn's plans at the moment. Clearly not ready or will be more than likely given a chance if we're romping a game albeit it wouldn't surprise me if that Hamilton game is still fresh in McGlynn's mind when it comes to changing things when we're so far ahead in a game. The longer it goes on you feel Arnott is just there to prop up the bench and make up the numbers. 

As I understand it, they train with Raith on days they aren’t training with Cowden.

With regard to Arnott, given JMcG’s preseason statements and use of Arnott (where he appeared composed and competent) it would be huge surprise if Arnott wasn’t ready to play a bit. JMcG made it clear that Arnott was ahead of Coulson and Mahady and that was why he was retained when they shipped out on loan. Yes, surely there is a reason, but I’m damned if I can figure it out…other than a totally shaken confidence after the Accies debacle.

25 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Disappointments are part and parcel of supporting a club our size. We have ups and downs. 

Great insight there, I didn't realise that.

For those with less insight, I'll point out for example that I don't know any other side which has had our run of major injuries these last few years.

1 minute ago, Raith_Raver said:

For those with less insight, I'll point out for example that I don't know any other side which has had our run of major injuries these last few years.

It doesn't help when we have a habit of signing players with a history of injuries. 

34 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Don't be an arse. 

50 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

If you’d said which Rovers player over the last decade was likely to end up with a hairstyle like that then I bet you McKay would be in most folks top 3. Still have cold sweats at the thought of his shirking performance up in Inverness. 

Bene and whom else for the remaining duo?