The New Raith Rovers Thread

43 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

Might be a controversial one here, but what would Gullan bring that’s different to Matej or Varian? The 3 of them all very similar. We need a hidden gem like a Ryan Hardie from way back in on loan where someone will come in and hit the ground running with goals. (I have absolutely no idea who that would be by the way!)

Agree with this. We've had numerous loanees in over the last while and Gullan scored a few goals but only really seemed to work well when he was up top with Vaughan. If we're looking at loanees, I'd far rather we looked to add in midfield as opposed to up top. We've got Varian, Poplatnik and Keatings all fit at the moment. In the midfield, we've not really got anyone fit other than Zanatta who is particularly creative. Connolly being injured means that there's further limitations. Tait has flashes of creativity, Spencer is a bit of a jack of all trades, and you've got Riley Snow and Matthews there too. Yesterday shows how with a few bodies missing, we really struggle to break teams down. 

1 hour ago, RR #1 said:

Just caught up with the news about not being allowed to go to Celtic Park. 

The statement from the club has really annoyed me. They say the reason is because of covid guidelines in relation to match day redzones. What the f**k is that meant to mean? Busses leave Fife every week to go to old firm games and Hampden was full of people from all over the country last week. So I take it these guidelines and redzones only apply to Raith Rovers fans?

The part about Celtic having to re-seat season ticket holders in the away is just fucking laughable. 

Working every Saturday atm so struggling to attend any games and was looking forward to this. Aye we'll probably get pumped but a cup quarter final is a pretty big for a club like ours

It’s more to do with the Red Zones within the ground itself. Subs still aren’t allowed on the bench so they sit in the stand. Celtic’s excuse for league games is that they need to re-seat season ticket holders whose seats are in the red zone. Although since S/Ts aren’t valid for the cup, it’s a pretty shoddy excuse. Crap view from the away bit in Celtic Park anyway. 

1 hour ago, RR #1 said:

Just caught up with the news about not being allowed to go to Celtic Park. 

The statement from the club has really annoyed me. They say the reason is because of covid guidelines in relation to match day redzones. What the f**k is that meant to mean? Busses leave Fife every week to go to old firm games and Hampden was full of people from all over the country last week. So I take it these guidelines and redzones only apply to Raith Rovers fans?

The part about Celtic having to re-seat season ticket holders in the away is just fucking laughable. 

Working every Saturday atm so struggling to attend any games and was looking forward to this. Aye we'll probably get pumped but a cup quarter final is a pretty big for a club like ours

It’s all down to “so long as they’re shitting in our shoes we’ll be pissing in their Bovril” Old Firm tit-for-tat. Celtic don’t want to set a precedence of giving opposition fans tickets as that leaves the door open for Rangers fans to demand an allocation for the next OF and as Celtic didn’t have one at Ibrox last month they don’t want to give them one. There’s probably very little any of us or the club could do to make them see otherwise.

Edited by Enigma

1 hour ago, WSDR 88 said:

Might be a controversial one here, but what would Gullan bring that’s different to Matej or Varian? The 3 of them all very similar. We need a hidden gem like a Ryan Hardie from way back in on loan where someone will come in and hit the ground running with goals. (I have absolutely no idea who that would be by the way!)

42 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Agree with this. We've had numerous loanees in over the last while and Gullan scored a few goals but only really seemed to work well when he was up top with Vaughan. If we're looking at loanees, I'd far rather we looked to add in midfield as opposed to up top. We've got Varian, Poplatnik and Keatings all fit at the moment. In the midfield, we've not really got anyone fit other than Zanatta who is particularly creative. Connolly being injured means that there's further limitations. Tait has flashes of creativity, Spencer is a bit of a jack of all trades, and you've got Riley Snow and Matthews there too. Yesterday shows how with a few bodies missing, we really struggle to break teams down. 

Preaching to the choir here, the midfield is our definite soft spot, in my opinion. We have several player would can score, but aren’t scoring. When we look to why, there was a definite lack of open play crosses and well delivered corners yesterday…and our forwards aren’t generally providing either of those, our midfield is. We had Arnott on the bench as the sole remaining “midfielder”, and weren’t willing to play him, which is a clear comment on our shortage of talent in the middle. iMHO, we should have rolled the lad out, but JMcG sees him daily, and didn’t think it was the move.

23 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Preaching to the choir here, the midfield is our definite soft spot, in my opinion. We have several player would can score, but aren’t scoring. When we look to why, there was a definite lack of open play crosses and well delivered corners yesterday…and our forwards aren’t generally providing either of those, our midfield is. We had Arnott on the bench as the sole remaining “midfielder”, and weren’t willing to play him, which is a clear comment on our shortage of talent in the middle. iMHO, we should have rolled the lad out, but JMcG sees him daily, and didn’t think it was the move.

I agree about arnott, would do him the world of good to have went to Cowdenbeath with Mahady and coulson , really missed Connolly yesterday as fotheringham just isn’t ready to start games at this level, would be better as an impact sub as he is quick ( he isn’t my cup of tea tbh but he is here🤷🏻‍♂️) would really like to see another midfielder in but either we can’t find one or no money available 

3 hours ago, Enigma said:

It’s all down to “so long as they’re shitting in our shoes we’ll be pissing in their Bovril” Old Firm tit-for-tat. Celtic don’t want to set a precedence of giving opposition fans tickets as that leaves the door open for Rangers fans to demand an allocation for the next OF and as Celtic didn’t have one at Ibrox last month they don’t want to give them one. There’s probably very little any of us or the club could do to make them see otherwise.

Yes I get that it's tit for tat OF bullshit what I don't get is why our club is going along with it. If they said in their statement they were not happy about the situation and are taking the issue up with the SFA then that would be a bit more acceptable. I am pretty certain there is an actual rule that you must give x% of tickets to away team in Cup games? Yet here we are just taking whatever shite Celtic feed us and to f**k with any Rovers supporter who wanted to go. 

For me being stopped from seeing my team play in a major 1/4 final for no good reason is completely unacceptable especially when you consider there will be a bus load of dirty rats leaving kdy to go and support the opposition. 

2 hours ago, Been going too long said:

I agree about arnott, would do him the world of good to have went to Cowdenbeath with Mahady and coulson , really missed Connolly yesterday as fotheringham just isn’t ready to start games at this level, would be better as an impact sub as he is quick ( he isn’t my cup of tea tbh but he is here🤷🏻‍♂️) would really like to see another midfielder in but either we can’t find one or no money available 

Unfortunately, Coulson and Mahady are getting jack s**t for playing time. Even the Coo fans are suggesting we should recall them since they won’t play them beyond 10 minutes here and there. Hell, they’d likely get more playing time at Falkirk or East Fife right now!

16 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Yes I get that it's tit for tat OF bullshit what I don't get is why our club is going along with it. If they said in their statement they were not happy about the situation and are taking the issue up with the SFA then that would be a bit more acceptable. I am pretty certain there is an actual rule that you must give x% of tickets to away team in Cup games? Yet here we are just taking whatever shite Celtic feed us and to f**k with any Rovers supporter who wanted to go. 

For me being stopped from seeing my team play in a major 1/4 final for no good reason is completely unacceptable especially when you consider there will be a bus load of dirty rats leaving kdy to go and support the opposition. 

SPFL, not SFA, it's the League Cup, not the Scottish Cup, but yes, they should. I'd be astonished if they haven't though. Seems far more likely they've exhausted negotiations and appeal avenues and are just not looking to create ill feeling with the statement. Doing so wouldn't change anything.

The League Cup rules appear not to have a requirement for a percentage of tickets to go to away fans. Even if they did it's likely that Covid regulations would over-rule them I guess.

23 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Unfortunately, Coulson and Mahady are getting jack s**t for playing time. Even the Coo fans are suggesting we should recall them since they won’t play them beyond 10 minutes here and there. Hell, they’d likely get more playing time at Falkirk or East Fife right now!

That’s disappointing to hear, it isn’t easy for the young ones breaking into the game , would have thought they would have got a bit more, arnott can’t be any worse than fotheringham and at least we are developing our own then, in the spfl cup we should be looking to play him v east fife otherwise how will he develop 

8 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Thousands of empty seats at Parkhead yesterday and thats a league game on a Saturday so their is no reason they cant accommodate a few hundred away fans for a midweek game

They just don’t want to and probably think by having even a small away support it can possibly help the opposition plus they have there pissing contest  with Rangers and can turn around and say we aren’t treating you any different to anyone else. Very poor thou, I was going to take the boy as he hasn’t been before but not to be 

5 hours ago, WSDR 88 said:

Gullan's not scared to have a shot, can actually score goals and has the right attitude. Matej is hopeless as far as goal threat is concerned and Keatings is basically coasting his way through the latter stages of his career with minimal effort. That's the difference as far as i'm concerned. 

5 hours ago, CALDERON said:

We really need to replace Tait (in time) and Vaughan  whilst adding in a real goal threat.

Can't see that happening in the loan window though.

Charlie Gilmour or Cammy Ballantyne, plus Callum Hendry.

All 3 more than likely available for loan.

Hendry just needs a turn of fortune really, other two are more unknown but Ballantyne stood out in League One, and Gilmour would be pushing to start if he hadn't gotten injured and missed pre-season.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Charlie Gilmour or Cammy Ballantyne, plus Callum Hendry.

All 3 more than likely available for loan.

Hendry just needs a turn of fortune really, other two are more unknown but Ballantyne stood out in League One, and Gilmour would be pushing to start if he hadn't gotten injured and missed pre-season.

We'll take the lot please. 

4 hours ago, Been going too long said:

That’s disappointing to hear, it isn’t easy for the young ones breaking into the game , would have thought they would have got a bit more, arnott can’t be any worse than fotheringham and at least we are developing our own then, in the spfl cup we should be looking to play him v east fife otherwise how will he develop 

Coulson got one full game and didn’t “stand out”, but was fighting the whole time, otherwise it’s 10-15 minutes now and then. . Mahady gets 10-20 minutes at the end at best.

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

Coulson got one full game and didn’t “stand out”, but was fighting the whole time, otherwise it’s 10-15 minutes now and then. . Mahady gets 10-20 minutes at the end at best.

Maybe they're not good enough or just not ready for senior 1st team football regardless of the league.

You could understand Celtic's position on no away fans if it was league only as you get home and away games against each other but this is a one off tie where our fans don't get the chance to see the tie. Unacceptable really.
Why would celtic care about that though? They clearly get more income than we are likely to being on one match day.
Maybe they're not good enough or just not ready for senior 1st team football regardless of the league.
Bollan seems to be the problem, not the players.

2 hours ago, raith1974 said:

It’s certainly possible, but Coo fans are really annoyed that literally no subs get used most of the time, which suggests other issues too.