The New Raith Rovers Thread

8 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

He’s got a real chance, does young Kieron. Could actually make us some mega money because the clubs down south spend crazy amounts.

100% though I’ll be more confident when he’s doing it in a men’s league.

12 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

He’s got a real chance, does young Kieron. Could actually make us some mega money because the clubs down south spend crazy amounts.

It's pretty incredible to think that he's still only 18 (only just). He was the main beneficiary by that horrendous season when Arbroath won the league. Nisbet fucks off and we're left with no option but to give him a shot in the league cup and it turns out he was excellent. At 16 he looked an utter unit and he'll only be getting stronger with time. It's a cliché but even at that age he'll have gained an appreciation seeing part time players training or playing after spending a day at work. It's incredible to think he played an end of the season game against Montrose, missed a one on one and their fans were giving him pelters about it. 

You'd imagine Fulham's under 23s have access to top training facilities and that he might be training with first team players at some points. Fulham still have Mitrovic there so if Bowie is training with him he'd be working with the best he can at that level - obviously it all comes down to COVID bubbles and such. It's hard to gauge how good the standard is at the under 23 level down south: Abraham looked like he'd never played football in his life but Varian seems a lot more streetwise. As Enigma says, the real test will be when he starts playing senior games if he goes out on loan/used the Carabou Cup versus Leeds. 

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

It's pretty incredible to think that he's still only 18 (only just)…

You'd imagine Fulham's under 23s have access to top training facilities and that he might be training with first team players at some points. Fulham still have Mitrovic there so if Bowie is training with him he'd be working with the best he can at that level - obviously it all comes down to COVID bubbles and such. It's hard to gauge how good the standard is at the under 23 level down south: Abraham looked like he'd never played football in his life but Varian seems a lot more streetwise. As Enigma says, the real test will be when he starts playing senior games if he goes out on loan/used the Carabou Cup versus Leeds. 

The reality of the Premier League 2 teams is perhaps better than we realize. Each team can have four players over age 23, one keeper and three outfield players, so teams can salt a few veterans in among the youth to improve teaching opportunities. Add that to the serious names involved in this setup, Bowie is currently playing against top prospects from Aston Villa, Newcastle, Southampton, Wolves, West Brom and others. Next year they might well be in Division One, and facing the big dogs young players.

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

He really does, did anyone ever let slip the add-ons?

Did anyone else have issues today with the seat you could pick when buying tickets. I selected an available ticket online and 10 minutes before kick off a chap who was the season ticket holder for the seat I could get turned up. No issues moving as its his seat but surely the club should not be selling seats online which have already been purchased by a season ticket holder. Very poor and unprofessional from the club.

Did anyone else have issues today with the seat you could pick when buying tickets. I selected an available ticket online and 10 minutes before kick off a chap who was the season ticket holder for the seat I could get turned up. No issues moving as its his seat but surely the club should not be selling seats online which have already been purchased by a season ticket holder. Very poor and unprofessional from the club.
Ditto, both myself and my dads season ticket seats was sold again by the club. Unless it was yourself that moved for me [emoji23].

6 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
On 09/09/2021 at 21:43, CALDERON said:
I think we will see John as director of football with Laurie Ellis as manager, at some point.

I'm thinking Berra ain't here just to play for a couple of years.

He’s coaching at Hearts.

1 hour ago, grumswall said:
1 hour ago, CALDERON said:
Nobody scanned our season tickets, we just had to show them at the gate.

Because the system or WiFi wasn't working...

Careful, or you’ll have the Falkirk gang over telling us it’s because Fifers program in base 12.

13 hours ago, raith1974 said:

Probably doesn’t help that loads of seat numbers are either missing or wrong now since they started replacing broken ones.  The bit of the row I sit in only has two numbered seats now.  One is 27, which is correct and the one two along says 76, all the other seats are missing numbers now.

37 minutes ago, SanStarko said:

Probably doesn’t help that loads of seat numbers are either missing or wrong now since they started replacing broken ones.  The bit of the row I sit in only has two numbered seats now.  One is 27, which is correct and the one two along says 76, all the other seats are missing numbers now.

Still no excuse. If the club have to do online ticket sales then they need to get this sorted. It was okay yesterday as there were plenty of empty seats but if we play a Celtic or Rangers then it will become an absolute mess. Surely the easy answer are for all season ticket seats to be marked as taken on the booking system.

18 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Still no excuse. If the club have to do online ticket sales then they need to get this sorted. It was okay yesterday as there were plenty of empty seats but if we play a Celtic or Rangers then it will become an absolute mess. Surely the easy answer are for all season ticket seats to be marked as taken on the booking system.

There's been an issue around the area I sit pretty much every week. It is a bit of a shambles. 

Just caught up with the news about not being allowed to go to Celtic Park. 

The statement from the club has really annoyed me. They say the reason is because of covid guidelines in relation to match day redzones. What the f**k is that meant to mean? Busses leave Fife every week to go to old firm games and Hampden was full of people from all over the country last week. So I take it these guidelines and redzones only apply to Raith Rovers fans?

The part about Celtic having to re-seat season ticket holders in the away is just fucking laughable. 

Working every Saturday atm so struggling to attend any games and was looking forward to this. Aye we'll probably get pumped but a cup quarter final is a pretty big for a club like ours

Gullan on the bench for hibs. Wish he was leading the line for raith instead. 

Might be a controversial one here, but what would Gullan bring that’s different to Matej or Varian? The 3 of them all very similar. We need a hidden gem like a Ryan Hardie from way back in on loan where someone will come in and hit the ground running with goals. (I have absolutely no idea who that would be by the way!)