The New Raith Rovers Thread

League table looks a bit better after that. Add in the League Cup quarter final and we can be pretty satisfied.

Aside from a 20 minutes clusterfuck against Hamilton, Bene and Berra have been very, very good together. 6 clean sheets in 9 games. Even the goals lost against Inverness and Aberdeen were quality strikes that were difficult to defend.

Still very early days but credit McGlynn for the performances of Berra and Zanatta at the moment. Most of us were critical or at best, unsure of the signings. However, the two of them have been excellent so far.

Just now, R.R.FC said:

League table looks a bit better after that. Add in the League Cup quarter final and we can be pretty satisfied.

Aside from a 20 minutes clusterfuck against Hamilton, Bene and Berra have been very, very good together. 6 clean sheets in 9 games. Even the goals lost against Inverness and Aberdeen were quality strikes that were difficult to defend.

Still very early days but credit McGlynn for the performances of Berra and Zanatta at the moment. Most of us were critical or at best, unsure of the signings. However, the two of them have been excellent so far.

Hold my hands up on Zanatta and apologise. Think someone said it the other day but he has all the technical and physical ability to be a top, top player. If that boy was always 100% determined and confident he’d be in the Premiership. Great player - I was wrong.

2 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

I’m big and ugly enough to admit I was wrong about some of the signings but very happy to be wrong. Great result tonight not often we win in Ayrshire and the bald messiah does it again, absolutely love the bloke

576C6696-E7CE-445D-BB6B-FED7A7B8B212.jpeg

2 hours ago, Frankly, Mr Shankly said:

Hold my hands up on Zanatta and apologise. Think someone said it the other day but he has all the technical and physical ability to be a top, top player. If that boy was always 100% determined and confident he’d be in the Premiership. Great player - I was wrong.

Me too but happy to eat humble pie bud double helpings 🥧

Zanatta and Berra have been the pockmof the bunch. My concern with Berra was that he would be too old but he plays an intelligent game e and uses his experience well. 

McGlynn seems to have a knack of getting the best out of Dario who has really upped his work rate and commitment so fair play to him.

Other signings are a mixed bag so far. Haven't seen anything from Keatings. The loan boys are mixed as expected and connolly is industrious.

I think Varian will emerge as our out and out number 9. Clearly the most rounded of the centre forwards as in the best in the air, can run in behind, can hold it up and is deceptively quick. He’s coming on to a game now.

Berra has been a rock. I was concerned about him but he’s not looking in any bother at all, freak Hamilton 20 minutes aside. Zanatta I was confident we’d get a tune from from the start, so pleased to see that come to fruition.

Wonder if we will get any word on this quarter final in the coming days. 

Would like to hope that there is some way Celtic can house us somewhere for the game. Couple thousand tickets surely wont take up a huge space and can’t see them selling out!

4 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I think Varian will emerge as our out and out number 9. Clearly the most rounded of the centre forwards as in the best in the air, can run in behind, can hold it up and is deceptively quick. He’s coming on to a game now.

Ain’t no “will”…he has. If Connolly is out for QoS, would Poplatnik or Keatings with Varian be better or worse than using Fotheringham again? Didn’t see the match and Fotheringham didn’t jump out in the highlights, so not sure what he brought to the game. Zanatta would probably enjoy a free reign to swing from side to side behind two up top, but I’m not sure how Varian would mesh and if it would hurt our ball movement forward.

43 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Ain’t no “will”…he has. If Connolly is out for QoS, would Poplatnik or Keatings with Varian be better or worse than using Fotheringham again? Didn’t see the match and Fotheringham didn’t jump out in the highlights, so not sure what he brought to the game. Zanatta would probably enjoy a free reign to swing from side to side behind two up top, but I’m not sure how Varian would mesh and if it would hurt our ball movement forward.

I would rather see matej start than fotheringham tbh

I’m just really surprised we haven’t seen more of Keatings. Him and Vaughan are quite similar players and I always thought having them both in the team would be difficult. I just expected Keatings to fill that space when LV got injured. He seems well down the pecking order just now.

49 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

I’m just really surprised we haven’t seen more of Keatings. Him and Vaughan are quite similar players and I always thought having them both in the team would be difficult. I just expected Keatings to fill that space when LV got injured. He seems well down the pecking order just now.

He didn’t look fit in the small amount of game time he has had but agree thought he would replace Vaughan, hopefully he is saving up his form for later in the season 

10 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Are the club getting tickets for the Celtic game?

We’ll likely get pumped but I was thinking of heading through to it.

I'm sure we will. I know there have been issues with away fans, but it's not on the season ticket and I imagine it is also extremely boring for Celtic fans. I'd imagine we'll get a crowd of around 15,000. 

That being the case, I'm sure there's plenty space where away fans can be accommodated and maybe even given a decent view of the game. 

Edited by Michael W

1 hour ago, Jilted John said:

Have to say of all the signings we made Keatings was the one I was most looking forward to seeing in a Raith jersey, so far we've seen next to nowt, hopefully he will kick on and realise his chance with Vaughn being out.