The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 hours ago, TxRover said:

More mental is pondering exactly how many “events” you’ve seen and which actually “changed” things worldwide. For instance, for me:

COVID-19 - Duh

9/11 - Yep, changed lots

Dunblane - Nope, but influential in U.K.

Desert Shield/Storm - Yep, repercussions still being felt

Lockerbie - Perhaps, somewhat changed air travel

Fall of Berlin Wall - Yep, presaged the collapse of the U.S.S.R.

Challenger explosion - Nope, only influential in the U.S.

Falklands War - Nope, limited influence, mainly in U.K. and South America

Shooting of Pope John Paul II - Nope

U.S. Embassy evacuation in Saigon - Somewhat, reduced U.S. world stature

Apollo moon landing - Yep, changed the world

And that’s but a selection of things that jump out. The major items fall about 10-20 years apart.

Worst History teacher in history.

More mental is pondering exactly how many “events” you’ve seen and which actually “changed” things worldwide. For instance, for me:
COVID-19 - Duh
9/11 - Yep, changed lots
Dunblane - Nope, but influential in U.K.
Desert Shield/Storm - Yep, repercussions still being felt
Lockerbie - Perhaps, somewhat changed air travel
Fall of Berlin Wall - Yep, presaged the collapse of the U.S.S.R.
Challenger explosion - Nope, only influential in the U.S.
Falklands War - Nope, limited influence, mainly in U.K. and South America
Shooting of Pope John Paul II - Nope
U.S. Embassy evacuation in Saigon - Somewhat, reduced U.S. world stature
Apollo moon landing - Yep, changed the world

And that’s but a selection of things that jump out. The major items fall about 10-20 years apart.
You don't half come away with some pish.

12 hours ago, TxRover said:

Correct that is mental.  Think you need to get a new side hobby pal, wee jigsaw or something.  Perhaps of an "event"

Think last week emotionally was a tough one with the Vaughan and Tait double whammy of news.

Both tough for differing reasons.  Think the multitude of announcements now made about Tait was to try put out some of the flames of uproar most of us were generating. 

The Vaughan one is still upsetting, was saying to my mates there isn't many players at other clubs around who's injury status would generate a 10 minute manager interview for the teams website.  Such is his stature at RRFC!

I feel a bit happier about the Tait transfer though I'm not happy that our player was tapped. If we achieved more that the £100-115K quoted than we should move on.

I think that we donated about £170K last season & continue to donate 000's per month. Pratt Street needs to remember that in its actions. We are fans & also customers. 

No chance they’ll sell out for it, any reason they’d go home fans only except it’s just the usual shite the Old Firm do?
To maintain what they've got already. As you probably know, Celtic asked Rangers to get away fans in to the last Old Firm. Rangers said they'd do this on the condition Celtic would guarantee that away fans would be allowed in Parkhead. Celtic said they couldn't do that so Rangers, and I can't believe I'm writing this, told them rightfully to f**k off.

By giving away fans tickets in our game, it opens up other clubs to pester them. It's absolutely daft that it's allowed to happen.

10 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

To maintain what they've got already. As you probably know, Celtic asked Rangers to get away fans in to the last Old Firm. Rangers said they'd do this on the condition Celtic would guarantee that away fans would be allowed in Parkhead. Celtic said they couldn't do that so Rangers, and I can't believe I'm writing this, told them rightfully to f**k off.

By giving away fans tickets in our game, it opens up other clubs to pester them. It's absolutely daft that it's allowed to happen.

Aye couldn’t get my head round how they’ve got away with it, could even understand if it’s for teams from different cities but Celtic v Rangers 😂. Can’t let any Rangers fans in due to Covid but here’s 50,000 from the rest of Scotland / ROI / NI / England etc no like Celtic fans are all from East Glasgow. You might be right, SFA, SPFL need to grow a set and sort them both out but it’ll never happen. 

1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

Any idea when the rockets for the Celtic game are going on sale? Assume we’re selling them and not Celtic. 

There might be no away fans, don't think Celtic have allowed any in so far this season. However with season tickets not valid that may change. 

7 hours ago, raith1974 said:

There might be no away fans, don't think Celtic have allowed any in so far this season. However with season tickets not valid that may change. 

They've neither allowed away fans in, nor allowed the game to be streamed via PPV.

Dont think any away fan, in the league, has seen a match at Celtic Park since the end of the 19/20 season.

We won't. Can almost guarantee it. 

I think we will.
The reason, I believe, teams haven’t received an away allocation is because they simply don’t have seats to do so. They’ve had to move season ticket holders seats to allow for a ‘red zone’. This game won’t be on the season ticket, and it won’t near sell out, so there isn’t much reason for them not offering us some tickets.

hadn't realised there had been no away fans at Celtic Park.
Was looking forward to the shite view the away end offers. 
Closest stadium in the country to me, easily walkable. 

Will debate sitting in as a home fan and just try sit on my hands to not applaud our goals flowing in.

I think we will.
The reason, I believe, teams haven’t received an away allocation is because they simply don’t have seats to do so. They’ve had to move season ticket holders seats to allow for a ‘red zone’. This game won’t be on the season ticket, and it won’t near sell out, so there isn’t much reason for them not offering us some tickets.
A work colleague sits behind the dugouts a celtic Park. This area is a large red zone with the tickets being offered in the gods. I don't expect it to be an issue for our game as its not on a season ticket