The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

"John McGlynn is a very resourceful manager, and he was indeed already considering the possible options open."

I wonder if that means he has a ready replacement in mind or that he has decided how he will rearrange the team once Tait has left....

I took that as a reference to McGlynn's plan to move Musonda into midfield. 

By the sounds of it Tait was likely to go next summer anyway so surly we would want to maximise the fee now rather than essentially a season later. Maybe this isn’t a bad deal at all. 

Have to laugh at Hibs trying to pull a rangers on us by offering a few jobbers on loan. Good on the board for telling them where to go, we all know previous boards would have said yes 

3 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

All he said was McGlynn didn't want an unhappy player on his hands , quite rightly so and that was confirming what McGlynn said in his interview , if Tait and his family wanted the move to happen, I dont see what else the baldy one could have done about it

Fair do's to John Sim for coming out with the statement, just a pity he had to

So we,ve brought an unhappy player back on loan

So we,ve brought an unhappy player back on loan
Tait, based on what the club is saying, isn't unhappy given the resolution. He's got a move to a top flight team and will have undoubtedly increased his wages. He's happy to remain with us on loan until January while we're short before joining up with Hibs.

He'd only have been unhappy had we kicked back on the move, which we initially did because we're so short in central midfield.

41 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I took that as a reference to McGlynn's plan to move Musonda into midfield. 

I think McGlynn was intending to move Musonda into a DM position anyway given our surfeit of CD's. He isn't a like for like replacement for Tait. It's a possibility tho, but at the cost of our fluent attacking play.

McGlynn made it seem if the deal hadn,t gone through we,d have an unhappy player on our books

Hes happy to remain at us as hes no choice or deal doesn,t happen

To me its made to look that McGlynn brokered/sanctioned the deal,personally be surprised if that was the case

Taits a very good player in the championship but unlikely to be vying for a place in Hibs 1st team in January.Expect to go out on loan to some other mob

Anyway,hes been sold and thats it.

6 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

On another note at least the supporters know JS ambition/ aim is to stay in the championship and its no longer promotion 🤔

Yea, I didn't miss that either. I'm surprised he came out with that after decalring his SPL ambitions.

33 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

On another note at least the supporters know JS ambition/ aim is to stay in the championship and its no longer promotion 🤔

I took that as in our aim this year is to stay in the championship. My immediate thought wasn’t that we no longer want in the premiership at all 

4 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Seems more mental that it was 20 years ago. Changed the world forever.

More mental is pondering exactly how many “events” you’ve seen and which actually “changed” things worldwide. For instance, for me:

COVID-19 - Duh

9/11 - Yep, changed lots

Dunblane - Nope, but influential in U.K.

Desert Shield/Storm - Yep, repercussions still being felt

Lockerbie - Perhaps, somewhat changed air travel

Fall of Berlin Wall - Yep, presaged the collapse of the U.S.S.R.

Challenger explosion - Nope, only influential in the U.S.

Falklands War - Nope, limited influence, mainly in U.K. and South America

Shooting of Pope John Paul II - Nope

U.S. Embassy evacuation in Saigon - Somewhat, reduced U.S. world stature

Apollo moon landing - Yep, changed the world

And that’s but a selection of things that jump out. The major items fall about 10-20 years apart.