The New Raith Rovers Thread

11 minutes ago, Raithie said:

So basically Sim is saying it's McGlynns fault? Could get messy. 

All he said was McGlynn didn't want an unhappy player on his hands , quite rightly so and that was confirming what McGlynn said in his interview , if Tait and his family wanted the move to happen, I dont see what else the baldy one could have done about it

Fair do's to John Sim for coming out with the statement, just a pity he had to

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

5 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

I'm still not overjoyed but the explanation seems acceptable; we can draw our horns in now. I'm uncomfortable with the fact that Tait's agent can go around behind the club's back whipping up support for the move with Tait and his family.

Aye you cant tap up the player, but its ok to tap up his agent

3 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Fair do's to John Sim for coming out with the statement, just a pity he had to

Of course he had to, reports in The Courier stated £100K, every single Rovers fan knows that was not enough, from J McG's interveiw does that mean we got £260K for him, if so that sounds more plausable, with added extras it could be even better

2 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Of course he had to, reports in The Courier stated £100K, every single Rovers fan knows that was not enough, from J McG's interveiw does that mean we got £260K for him, if so that sounds more plausable, with added extras it could be even better

The £260k figure was the combined amount for both Bowie and Tait. Rumours were we got £150k for Bowie so would mean £110k for Tait. 

3 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

I was meaning it coukd've come from the CEO or Dave Sinton or even the Baldy Messiah days ago

Why is it the club have stumbled about making a c**t of themselves not being able to agree on the colour of shite about the whole affair to the point the overseas owner has gone f**k this and laid down the facts of the deal. 

So basically Sim is saying it's McGlynns fault? Could get messy. 

No, more like Sim assumed McGlynn wouldn’t want to sell, so said as much.

But then after speaking to McGlynn, actually McGlynn had a different opinion.

Really excellent statement I thought, explains the timings and thought process- not sure how any of us could realistically say that they should have done things differently.

Agent trying to pull a fast one there with what he'd said about speaking to McGlynn. 

I guess we'll see in due course what the fee was. Whilst Sim says it's higher than reported by some outlets (and I only saw £100k quoted by The Courier) I do struggle to see how we go from no cash and punting us players to six figures. 

We all know players agents are greedy fuckers, he would have pushed the deal through to make a sizeable figure for himself, would have done the same if I were an agent.

All I can say to Dylan is play well for Hibs and bring us in a lot more £ in the future

Edited by keyser_soze

1 hour ago, Frankly, Mr Shankly said:

Canny stand in the boys way eh?

That's touched on in the statement. 

Dylan Tait may not have signed an extension if he thought his upward trajectory was at risk.

As it is, he signed, a great opportunity arose and the Rovers scored 100k+ as a result. 

We've lost a fantastic player but his being loaned back gives SJM a good amount of time to source a replacement.