The New Raith Rovers Thread

29 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I can only assume that a lot of the players from last season that were handed new contracts have had very reasonable pay increases. 

Outwith youngsters being given extended contracts who would have been given pay rises? Surely after giving Vaughan a new 3 year contract didn't go nuts pay wise?

Edited by Frank conner

37 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

Outwith youngsters being given extended contracts who would have been given pay rises? Surely after giving Vaughan a new 3 year contract didn't go nuts pay wise?

Did Matthews not get a new contract last season and Tait got one as well? Then at the end of the season there would be Musonda and Spencer who would've had justifiable cases for good increases after proving themselves in the Championship. For this season, Dick will be earning more than MacDonald and Berra most likely more than Davo. 

The only high earner off bill in the summer would've been Hendry, and even then that deal was signed when he was in League 1.

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

For a bit we have extended Spencer,  MacDonald and McKay, signed Zanatta, Dick, Connolly, Lang and Keatings, converted Mahady, Coulson, Arnott and Bow to full contracts and taken loans on Varian, Fotheringham and Poplatnik.  Compared to outgoing, there are obvious additional costs for MacDonald out and Dick in, Davo and Mendy out and Berra and Lang in, Zanatta and Connolly effectively replacing loan players, etc.

Something that really worries me just now is the amount of people I know who have supported the Rovers for as long as I (and probably they) can remember that are properly pissed off with the club at the moment. 
Loyalty ultimately has a breaking point. 
Looking at the ticket sales for tomorrow we would be just as well playing it behind closed doors.

41 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
4 hours ago, Ebanda said:
Something that really worries me just now is the amount of people I know who have supported the Rovers for as long as I (and probably they) can remember that are properly pissed off with the club at the moment. 
Loyalty ultimately has a breaking point. 

Looking at the ticket sales for tomorrow we would be just as well playing it behind closed doors.

The team don't deserve it but maybe it's 2 fingers to the board and CEO fir lack of ambition. Or it could just be a meaningless cup game.

Although when we talked about money earned last season I also forgot about the 30k plus for being joint winners.

If the Board/Sim and CEO are not already aware of supporters and financial contributors displeasure at the lack of communication etc, its high time the fans rep or the supporters club conveyed the grass roots message to them

Precisely why we have a fans rep and further, a Supporters Liaison Officer. This is squarely their territory and we should be seeing engagement of some sort. Alas, no.

Yeah, it’s a pointless tournament. I didn’t even consider going today but I’ll happily be down at Ayr on Tuesday night for a 6pm kick off.

I think we’ll struggle to recoup a lot of our fan base if it’s online sales only. Perhaps out of the clubs hands at the moment with contact tracing rules but a fair chunk see online payments and barcodes as ‘hassle’. Would be good to get a cash option brought back ASAP.

Yeah, it’s a pointless tournament. I didn’t even consider going today but I’ll happily be down at Ayr on Tuesday night for a 6pm kick off.

I think we’ll struggle to recoup a lot of our fan base if it’s online sales only. Perhaps out of the clubs hands at the moment with contact tracing rules but a fair chunk see online payments and barcodes as ‘hassle’. Would be good to get a cash option brought back ASAP.

Agree with the cash gate opinion. I’ve got plenty pals who will decide to go to gayfield on the morning of a game, and whether it actually is or not, online ticketing definitely seems more of a hassle to those type of punters rather than walking up and paying cash.

I'd agree, unfortunately our club like many other lower league clubs have an aging fan base. My dad wouldn't have a clue what to do to buy tickets online and I suspect there are many others in the same boat.

Like others I liked this tournament until the Colts came in. I hope the Wesh Irish and English get back in next year, I saw a couple of English and one Welsh and it was interesting watching styles we dont see here.

PS - oops I forgot about Glenavon.

Edited by Raith_Raver

1 hour ago, Raith_Raver said:

Like others I liked this tournament until the Colts came in. I hope the Wesh Irish and English get back in next year, I saw a couple of English and one Welsh and it was interesting watching styles we dont see here.

PS - oops I forgot about Glenavon.

It was certainly interesting watching Glenavon's style. A bigger bunch of thugs you'd struggle to find. 

I'm heading along today but I doubt the crowd will be much above 500.