The New Raith Rovers Thread

Rovers are not rolling in cash. Last season, they sold less season tickets & had no Pay at the Gate customers. Some of the away supports would have been considerable. However, we have spent funds on floodlights & a half baked ticketing system -set up with wrong details, non-existing  seats , while we appear to still have electrical problems & a still broken turnstile. 

It appears that Hibs made a late switch to Tait as another target deal fell through. They made a late cheeky offer which should have been rejected. The details will come out at the next AGM as it did with Ross Callachan . A whole £40K for him & probably cost us promotion. 

If the club have an actual plan for our future then I think that it is time that it is made public. Everything appears to be short term & clueless.

37 minutes ago, therollorose said:

There have been a couple of thinly veiled digs at him over the last few pages. Will he be as committed come December etc, which is ultimately something for McGlynn & Smudger to deal with if that’s the case. 

Yeah there have been a few comments made which I think are unfair on Tait. I don't doubt for a minute that we'll get the same level of commitment from him while he's pulling on a Rovers shirt. 

19 minutes ago, therollorose said:

There have been a couple of thinly veiled digs at him over the last few pages. Will he be as committed come December etc, which is ultimately something for McGlynn & Smudger to deal with if that’s the case. 

It’s not a dig at him( because I was one who said it) it’s being realistic, why would he risk injury now for us, his priority is getting in the hibs team now not what happens to the rovers, his wages won’t be affected if we go down. I’m not saying he won’t feel for his ex teammates etc but it’s the reality. I don’t grudge Dylan the move at all and hope he does well( we would all have done the same thing) I’m pissed off with the way the club is handling things these days as are many 

17 minutes ago, JAR said:

Rovers are not rolling in cash. Last season, they sold less season tickets & had no Pay at the Gate customers. Some of the away supports would have been considerable. However, we have spent funds on floodlights & a half baked ticketing system -set up with wrong details, non-existing  seats , while we appear to still have electrical problems & a still broken turnstile. 

Suppose this is where things get tricky when you have a set pot of money aside for the playing budget an a set pot of money aside for the ground. Re the playing budget - we're maybe not rolling in cash however Clark was on record during the Dundee playoff game at half time saying McGlynn would have an increased playing budget to play with this season. I have no idea, and none of us on here will, what funds he had to play with but if what Clark was saying is true we've went into this season looking quite rosy. Re Starks Park Properties - well there definitely seems to be significant funds there to do what's needed to the stadium and if what Sim has planned won't be cheap in the long term.

2 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Only after January? 

When Vaughan got croaked I thought ‘oh, oh’. He was our star turn and always looked likely to score.

Now Tait, our next most promising player is away to Hibs. He’s possibly here in body only until January and he can escape. Hibs might let us keep him on for the season, but he’ll be a Hibs player in his mind and I wonder how that will go. Hopefully he’ll continue to do us a turn.

Who else leaves in January that’s going to turn the squad to shite?

I don't get this assumption that a player returning on loan for a period will not be trying a leg. He has a new club to impress who will be monitoring him closely and should be flying after securing what it presumably a significant wage rise. Lyndon Dykes was excellent for us in his additional 5 months on loan here after signing for Livingston.

54 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Yeah there have been a few comments made which I think are unfair on Tait. I don't doubt for a minute that we'll get the same level of commitment from him while he's pulling on a Rovers shirt. 

Yeah, I'm not overly worried about how Tait will play for us.  If it had been a pre-contract scenario then that's a different matter.  With that you could understand a player not going into 50-50s or giving their all as they know a injury means the deal can be called off.

But his deal is all done, so if anything there's an incentive there for him to be a standout with us till Jan to give him a chance at getting a chance in their first team after Jan.

2 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Also Bill Clark being interviewed at half time on BBC during the Dundee playoff game, stating the clubs "ambition" for the upcoming season.

Even the club themselves mentioned that they were "preparing for a tilt at the SPFL Chqmpionship Title next season" on a website article.

Of course, these things only come out when season tickets are on sale I guess.

Aye, telling us we want to yo-yo between the Championship and the Seaside League forever, may be more truthful but it’s probably not going to inspire anyone.

44 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I don't get this assumption that a player returning on loan for a period will not be trying a leg. He has a new club to impress who will be monitoring him closely and should be flying after securing what it presumably a significant wage rise. Lyndon Dykes was excellent for us in his additional 5 months on loan here after signing for Livingston.

It’s not so much that he won’t be trying a leg. I just suspect he’ll have his mind on the future. I’m prepared to eat humble pie if that’s not the case.

I’m a bit disappointed as I thought we could build a team around him. He’s only young and he was on a long term contract, so I expected we may not lose him for a couple of years yet. C’est la vie. I’m also not sure what the point of youth development is if we flog them before they’ve even hit 20.

40 minutes ago, SanStarko said:

Yeah, I'm not overly worried about how Tait will play for us.  If it had been a pre-contract scenario then that's a different matter.  With that you could understand a player not going into 50-50s or giving their all as they know a injury means the deal can be called off.

But his deal is all done, so if anything there's an incentive there for him to be a standout with us till Jan to give him a chance at getting a chance in their first team after Jan.

Exactly. He has a 4 year deal in the bag. If anything he's less likely to pull out of any '50/50' challenges with that sort of security behind him. 

5 minutes ago, Rover1990 said:

I’d be more inclined now to get Aarnott as much game time as possible as he looks to be a real talent as well, for only 17 he looks composed on the ball and confident.  Could be just as good a prospect as Tait by time he’s 19/20.

Yeah tomorrow seems like a good chance to give him a run out. 

10 minutes ago, Rover1990 said:

I’d be more inclined now to get Aarnott as much game time as possible as he looks to be a real talent as well, for only 17 he looks composed on the ball and confident.  Could be just as good a prospect as Tait by time he’s 19/20.

Aye, and if he's any good we'd be selling him at 19 anyway so times a'wasting...

There's the St Johnstone chairman releasing a statement that goes into detail around the timeline and the reasons behind selling Ali McCann. I'm sure some of their supporters still won't be happy about it, but that's the level of dialogue and transparency we need here. 

The Rovers board/owner/CEO/manager [delete as appropriate to find the right combination] obviously felt that this deal for Dylan Tait was the right one. From the outside, with the limited information we have, it doesn't look like it. So explain why. Give us the justification. 

Without that, it looks like the club are embarrassed by the decision, which makes absolutely no sense because they could've just not done the deal. All this speculation exists because there's nothing else. The videos with John McGlynn and Karen Macartney are excellent communication, but even a written statement would do. Just fill the void. 

41 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

There's the St Johnstone chairman releasing a statement that goes into detail around the timeline and the reasons behind selling Ali McCann. I'm sure some of their supporters still won't be happy about it, but that's the level of dialogue and transparency we need here. 

The Rovers board/owner/CEO/manager [delete as appropriate to find the right combination] obviously felt that this deal for Dylan Tait was the right one. From the outside, with the limited information we have, it doesn't look like it. So explain why. Give us the justification. 

Without that, it looks like the club are embarrassed by the decision, which makes absolutely no sense because they could've just not done the deal. All this speculation exists because there's nothing else. The videos with John McGlynn and Karen Macartney are excellent communication, but even a written statement would do. Just fill the void. 

Just came on to post exactly this. The St Johnstone statement is completely transparent and their support can then decide to accept the reasoning or not. In the absence of any meaningful communication at Raith it’s no great surprise that people are filling the void with speculation and defaulting based on recent experience to the conclusion that we’ve been done over yet again.

Two of the recently published values were ‘Honesty’ and ‘Respect’ yet it seems beyond the club to treat the support who fund them with a bit of respect with a little transparency over this deal and the reasons it went through.

Edited by roverthemoon

4 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Two of the recently published values were ‘Honesty’ and ‘Respect’ yet it seems beyond the club to treat the support who fund them with a bit of respect with a little transparency over this deal and the reasons it went through.

Another was Ambition, seems a bit off the mark when you sell the best young talent for a bag of silver buttons to the 1st suitor to come knocking 

Putting the value (for us) in the Tait transfer aside:  if Hibs are lending him back to us it's because they know he is still developing.  What they want in January is the player they expect him to be in January.  If he didn't show the same hunger until then, he will fall short when he gets there.  He knows this, the clubs and their managers know this.  Not concerned about that side of it.