The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
9 minutes ago, pub car king said:
Out of interest what do folk value him at and what deal would you have done?
I'd go with
250k cash.
Another player on loan.
Tait on loan for the full season.
Payment for x amount of appearances.
Payment for international caps.
15% sell on fee.

You'd never have sold him on those terms. Not in a thousand years.

Good.

I really felt the club were moving in such a positive direction, on and off the pitch, over the past few seasons. It seems like we’ve really taken some huge steps back in the space of just a couple of weeks.

Don’t think it’s helped with this coming right at the back of the Vaughan news.  Don’t think anybody would have been happy regardless, but if Vaughan wasn’t injured then selling Tait wouldn’t feel as much like someone kicking you when you’re already down.

2 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Seen a few folk say they'll be stopping with the development fund on the back of this. I really think the club has underestimated how much of a knock on this will have.

It's not just the development fund. I'm a season ticket holder and I just can't be arsed any more. As things stand I really don't know when I'll go back. What's the point when your own board treats you like shit?

If the £100k rumours are true or in the ballpark (which I’d be inclined to believe given local papers will all have well-placed sources at their clubs) then the board deserve all the pelters they are getting. They could spin it as a decent deal if we were dossing around in League One but not now. All the ‘ambition’ chat really coming back to bite them.

Gutted for Lewis too. It’s doubly cruel that days after doing his ACL again he watches Tait get the move he’s probably been dreaming about since he was a wee boy.

47 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

He’s not much of a friend to Ross McArthur if he’s gossiping about contractual matters.

Hardly gossip mate. I’m pretty sure if you were good friends with the board you’d be asking them questions. Everyone is desperate to know the clauses of contracts. If you had the chance to ask these questions are you really not going to ask as it’s a contractual matter and none of anyone’s business ? I think not. 

6 minutes ago, Rover the Moon said:

If the £100k rumours are true or in the ballpark (which I’d be inclined to believe given local papers will all have well-placed sources at their clubs) then the board deserve all the pelters they are getting. They could spin it as a decent deal if we were dossing around in League One but not now. All the ‘ambition’ chat really coming back to bite them.

Gutted for Lewis too. It’s doubly cruel that days after doing his ACL again he watches Tait get the move he’s probably been dreaming about since he was a wee boy.

If the fee is what's being rumoured then why not just come out and say what it is?  To me, using the "undisclosed fee" line is almost as if they're worried that if they admit it's nowhere near that amount, the fans wont be happy....so much for transparency.

As for ambition, 😆 , they could have knocked back Hibs bid and at least looked like they were trying to hold onto our young talent instead of accepting the first offer of magic beans that were thrown their way. If Hibs really wanted Tait, they could have waited until January and tried again....after all, they've loaned him back to us till Jan anyway. Talk about getting booted in the balls not one day but 2 in a row.

1 minute ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Whats next to make this week any worse, turfed oot the diddy cup by Forfar 

Probably wouldn’t be a bad thing mind you…😂 

On reflection, it is a real sickener. We all want us to get back up to the Premier, and things like selling our best young talent of course isint going to help that cause, but at the same time it’s the flip side of us actually doing well last season and not going up. 

Will be interesting how the rest of the season pans out. Just have to roll with it. 

Just now, Toddy said:

If the fee is what's being rumoured then why not just come out and say what it is?  To me, using the "undisclosed fee" line is almost as if they're worried that if they admit it's nowhere near that amount, the fans wont be happy....so much for transparency.

Undisclosed fees are common across many clubs, it’s usually a mutual thing between clubs. It’s only really from social media outlets that people find out about the transfer fees. 

this is not just a raith Rovers issue

19 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

So hes away in January, and probably along with Poplatnik back to Livi, Varian back to Stoke, Snow to god knows where, I hope by then McGlynn has players lined up, and be interesting to know his thoughts on the Tait transfer

I'm not entirely sure why he'd come back but we've got better here. I'm sure it's a season long loan too so you can't cancel it without us agreeing as well (may be a factor if you're paying his wages in full and we don't want to)

7 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Probably wouldn’t be a bad thing mind you…😂 

On reflection, it is a real sickener. We all want us to get back up to the Premier, and things like selling our best young talent of course isint going to help that cause, but at the same time it’s the flip side of us actually doing well last season and not going up. 

Will be interesting how the rest of the season pans out. Just have to roll with it. 

I'm not overly fussed aboot the Premiership tbh, although the ride along the way was something I'll never forget it, but it nearly cost us the club , a top 4 or 5 finish for a few seasons would be ideal

Tait was the best bet we had to at least partially step into Hendry's shoes. Tait, Spencer and Matthews were still a very good midfield three at this level. He was also the best bet to help link the midfield and attack in Vaughan's absence. 

Now look at us, come the end of the year we'll be left with Spencer and Matthews (potentially with fitness doubts hanging over them) and Riley - Snow who the jury is very much out on, and is out of contract in December. 

3 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I'm not entirely sure why he'd come back but we've got better here. I'm sure it's a season long loan too so you can't cancel it without us agreeing as well (may be a factor if you're paying his wages in full and we don't want to)

You can call him back in January, so I'd hazzard a guess we can cancel it too

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

Just now, SirJimmyofNic said:

You can call him back in January, so I'd hazzard a guess we can cancel it too

Depends on the logistics of the deal, having a recall clause in the deal is fairly routine. Having a loan cancel clause, not so much. I can see us just bringing him back and loaning him out but again, depends on his wages and what you're paying of it