The New Raith Rovers Thread

19 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

33% sell on you're having a laugh. We will probably see very little in terms of clauses. It's funny that the first club that comes in for him and we again roll over. This should have been a solid NO and if they wanted him that much the negotiation takes place to get the very best deal for our best young player. We should also have negotiated a loan for another Hibs player.

Very disappointing from a club thought were trying to move forward. Instead this shows no ambition and I fear for this season. 

Morton signed 4 players yesterday, we announce our best player is out again for the season and our best youngster is not even ours.

After all the financial support the club received last season, 500k grant, 50k covid grant, 150k Bowie transfer, over 100k from fan donations and season ticket sales and Raith TV contributions I think the club have treated the fans very poorly.

Don’t forget the 400k for finishing in the playoffs

I’m sorry, but until we have any details on the deal, we cannot possibly determine who got taken for what. The £100k is a rumour at best, and admins are unknown. Tait was never going to stay, the question is did we get a decent deal…I will say his performance this year has been a wee bit disappointing.

All McGlynn’s hard work undone by shite recruitment (signing Lang but keeping McKay for example, there is no need for 5 centrebacks), rotten injury luck, selling one of our best midfielders go because we are bitches to the Premiership, and the board having zero ambition.

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I’m sorry, but until we have any details on the deal, we cannot possibly determine who got taken for what. The £100k is a rumour at best, and admins are unknown. Tait was never going to stay, the question is did we get a decent deal…I will say his performance this year has been a wee bit disappointing.

Bore off. Disappointing?

Just now, TxRover said:

Have you been asleep during some of the previous transfer dealings over the years? There's a high chance 'undisclosed fee' means less than £100k. The fact the club haven't even put in the article "sold for a 6 figure sum" is worrying and pretty telling. We won't get any details on the deal, that article that's on the OS, and a shite one at that, will be all we'll hear on the matter I'd suspect.

As a minimum i would expect something similar to what Dunfermline done the Nisbet - 25% sell on clause and money for every Scotland cap.

At least we got some money for him, we could have said “we can’t stand in the boys way” and then got some duffers on loan. But hey, no club is that stupid, right?  

I think we all need to look on the bright side here, 100k is better than f**k all. Tait could easily pick up an injury and then no club would be after him. 

I would like to think that the fee would be put back into the player budget, although at this rate the money will be eaten up by all our injured players operations! 

If Rovers needed the money that badly that they can again carry out a very poor , late deal why can't they instead ask us the fans to contribute again ?

I'd rather pay out to help the club than constantly have us give talent away at bargain prices. Do we have any ambition? What is the point of the Supporters Fund ?

It appears to be a subsidy for other clubs' benefit. 

If you're reading Niall, the pre-match interview tomorrow would be a good chance to ask McGlynn some probing questions.......

Will we be getting anyone else as part of the deal?  Did he get a say in allowing Dylan to leave?  Does he have replacements in mind?  Did we try and fail to strengthen the squad leading up the window closing?  Will he be getting the transfer fee added to his playing budget?

I'm sure others will chip in with some other things they would like to know.

3 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

If you're reading Niall, the pre-match interview tomorrow would be a good chance to ask McGlynn some probing questions.......

Will we be getting anyone else as part of the deal?  Did he get a say in allowing Dylan to leave?  Does he have replacements in mind?  Did we try and fail to strengthen the squad leading up the window closing?  Will he be getting the transfer fee added to his playing budget?

He'll never ask these questions, we rarely ask any probing questions unless approved before any interview.

1 minute ago, stevoraith said:

It'll more than likely be "So, John.....how important is it that we try and progress in the diddy cup and is it important we come out this game with no new injuries?"

7 minutes ago, Raithie said:

It'll more than likely be "So, John.....how important is it that we try and progress in the diddy cup and is it important we come out this game with no new injuries?"

It's OK though because we get to keep Tait for 3 whole months now.

52 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

33% sell on you're having a laugh. We will probably see very little in terms of clauses. It's funny that the first club that comes in for him and we again roll over. This should have been a solid NO and if they wanted him that much the negotiation takes place to get the very best deal for our best young player. We should also have negotiated a loan for another Hibs player.

Very disappointing from a club thought were trying to move forward. Instead this shows no ambition and I fear for this season. 

Morton signed 4 players yesterday, we announce our best player is out again for the season and our best youngster is not even ours.

After all the financial support the club received last season, 500k grant, 50k covid grant, 150k Bowie transfer, over 100k from fan donations and season ticket sales and Raith TV contributions I think the club have treated the fans very poorly.

What’s a more realistic answer for the sell on % then?  Am sure st mirren got 33% for John McGinn and the pars got 33% for Nisbet.

25 minutes ago, JAR said:

If Rovers needed the money that badly that they can again carry out a very poor , late deal why can't they instead ask us the fans to contribute again ?

I'd rather pay out to help the club than constantly have us give talent away at bargain prices. Do we have any ambition? What is the point of the Supporters Fund ?

It appears to be a subsidy for other clubs' benefit. 

Pretty sure they wouldn,t have raised much.Many fans pockets like mine are virtually empty contributing to the  club when things aren,t going swimmingly 

Out of interest what do folk value him at and what deal would you have done?

I'd go with

250k cash.

Another player on loan.

Tait on loan for the full season.

Payment for x amount of appearances.

Payment for international caps.

15% sell on fee.

Out of interest what do folk value him at and what deal would you have done?
I'd go with
250k cash.
Another player on loan.
Tait on loan for the full season.
Payment for x amount of appearances.
Payment for international caps.
15% sell on fee.

You'd never have sold him on those terms. Not in a thousand years.