The New Raith Rovers Thread

no way it’s a 5% sell on fee. Fully growing men believing that bait 😅😅. It says he’s back till jan at least. Hopefully a loan till the end of the season a full season loan for next season and at least a 33% sell on fee. Will 100k not get us a decent loan with being able to pay a bit more in the loan players wages?

Edited by Raith_Rasta

3 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:
6 minutes ago, Raith_Rasta said:
no way it’s a 5% sell on fee. Fully growing men believing that bait emoji28.pngemoji28.png. It says he’s back till jan at least. Hopefully a loan till the end of the season a full season loan for next season and at least a 33% sell on fee. 

Honestly you spout some absolute shite

No shit Sherlock 💋

Edited by Raith_Rasta

Haven’t been on here in a couple of days and have just discovered the Tait news and i’ve got to be honest, I don’t think its a bad deal.
We were happy with £150k for Bowie who was youngster, has more potential and went to a second tier English side. Tait on the other hand hasn’t looked half the player he was last season, isnt doing well adapting his game to drop deeper like Hendry. The timing could have been better but ultimately we still have him until Jan at which point we can find a replacement and have money in pocket with future incentives in place.

The undisclosed stuff is absolutely standard now, for pretty much all transfers. There's a lot of things to get het up about and point the finger at the Rovers for, but that's not one of them. 

The general belief right now is that the deal is for £100k. If that's lower than the truth, the Rovers need to be leaking that to the press to get this incessant pressure off their backs. I fear, however, that it isn't a much better deal than that. 

It'll all come out in the wash in the club accounts eventually, but based on everything we can see, hear and smell so far, it's a good deal for Hibs and a bad one for the Rovers. Only the Rovers can change that perception. 

I actually don't think £100k + add-ons is the end of the world for Tait assuming that it's re-invested well into the club. The issue I have is that Raith properties or whatever it is called are potentially profiting from this type of deal and not the football club?

I don't think Tait has anywhere near as high a ceiling as Bowie and has regularly struggled to get into our team.

2 minutes ago, OhnononoGeordieMunro said:

I don't think Tait has anywhere near as high a ceiling as Bowie and has regularly struggled to get into our team.

Am I reading this correctly, you're saying Tait has regularly struggled to get into our team? Apart from starting every friendly, cup, league game thus far and whilst I'd need to look back probably started the majority of last seasons games also.