The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

That’s absolutely shite about Vaughan, our team had a great wee rivalry with him in the title race season - such a good player! You have to imagine it being hard for him to rehab and go again - even mentally, if not physically. 

Totally agree with you. Must be another hard challenge mentally for the lad as well.

13 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Do we know which knee it is yet? 

Surely a signing is incoming as the club will have known this for for week now. 

I'd hope so, but like Hendry he cannot be adequately replaced with our resources, let alone what is actually available presently. 

Our options are basically an unattached player or a teenager on loan from Dundee United or similar. 

Thoroughly depressing. 

2 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

We've genuinely got the shittest luck with long term injuries. How many have we had over the last decade? It feels like we get at least 1 ACL injury each year.

How many since the artificial  got installed?

At moments this like how it affects us really is immaterial. Personally I'm absolutely devastated for the guy. He's a fantastically talented footballer and by the sounds of it a great personality off the pitch.

I've no idea how mentally you can cope with the constant set backs. What he should know is that he has the full support and is in the thoughts of not only our fan base but the wider footballing community.

11 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

We've genuinely got the shittest luck with long term injuries. How many have we had over the last decade? It feels like we get at least 1 ACL injury each year.

Aye, but it's usually Vaughan who gets it, the poor c**t.

It's a proper c**t for everyone associated with the Rovers and I really feel for the guy who is such a talent and looked like he might finally be getting strong enough to play regularly through the last part of last season.

A real sickener, and arguably the end of any shot we might have had at the top half of the table.

More prosaically, we will need another body in to provide the necessary competition and depth and James Keatings now really needs to step up to the plate in a big fucking way.

Edited by renton

Two we got our pitch, from what I remember, which is Vaughan and Aaron Lennox. Vaughan's previous 3 were Starks on grass, Forfar (where Regan Hendry also got a serious injury) and Brechin in winter.

McGurn got one at Stark's on grass. Cuthbert had an injury he never came back from up at Tannadice. Thomson did his at achilles at Ochilview. There'll be others I'm forgetting.

10 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

How many since the artificial  got installed?

Well, before today - and someone correct me if I'm wrong - but Vaughan's last two were up at Forfar and Brechin, and I think Hendry's (the last non Vaughan related) was at Forfar as well. Brechin is obviously a real shitty grass surface outside of two weeks in August and Forfar is an older artificial pitch I think.

2 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Two we got our pitch, from what I remember, which is Vaughan and Aaron Lennox. Vaughan's previous 3 were Starks on grass, Forfar (where Regan Hendry also got a serious injury) and Brechin in winter.

McGurn got one at Stark's on grass. Cuthbert had an injury he never came back from up at Tannadice. Thomson did his at achilles at Ochilview. There'll be others I'm forgetting.

Mckay , I think that was on our grass pitch

devastating news for a special talent.Hes shown enormous mental strength to come back from his  3  previous ACL injuries but you,ve have to think coming back from a 4th is too far

https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/rovers-striker-vaughan-out-for-the-season-with-recurrence-of-acl-injury-3365929

Edited by Rovers_Lad