The New Raith Rovers Thread

Hopefully there may be enough potential income from the Celtic game to try and put a package together to tempt Gullan, as said before we won't be able to pay a transfer fee, would require Hibs letting him go.

Whoever we have on our books ain't going to make up for the goals Vaughan would have gotten us if he was to stay fit. Up to McGlynn to get others firing on all cylinders or bring someone else in if required. Poplatnik and Keatings, the latter especially, don't seem to be the answer albeit I quite like Poplatnik's overall style of play but he doesn't look like a goalscorer. Keatings has been a waste of a wage thus far imo. Jurys still out on Varian, got off the mark against Aberdeen so be intesting to see if how he fairs going forward. 

1 hour ago, stevoraith said:

Shows how big an impact Keatings has made that he’s essentially a ready-made replacement for Vaughan (position-wise) and I forgot he even existed.

And has been given little real chance yet…we’ll see.

Keatings surely cant be another McGlynn misfit , there has to be a fitness question with him that hes not getting game time,

As for Vaughan I'm thinking he's ok or the Courier would've been having another "exclusive" like they did with breaking the news about Spencer's broken foot, 

3 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Of by some twist of fate Vaughan is fine I would still like to try and recruit Gullan.he fits well into how we want to play, he knows the players players the club and he is a decent player. 

We will know one way or another after 11pm tomorrow night about oor Jamie, 

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

You are an optimist in general Tx and I hope behind the scenes Mcglynn has been working him hard because in his short amount of game time he looked well of it, potentially should be a very good player for us and hopefully he comes good. Looks done at this level sadly 

I don't think we will. For whatever reason I'm not sure JMcG rates him now. His limited sub appearances, and being overlooked in favour of others from the bench suggest he is no more than a squad player. Perhaps LVs absence forces JMcG hand. We'll see.

14 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Keatings surely cant be another McGlynn misfit , there has to be a fitness question with him that hes not getting game time,

As for Vaughan I'm thinking he's ok or the Courier would've been having another "exclusive" like they did with breaking the news about Spencer's broken foot, 

Another misfit ?

what is he averaging 1 or 2 per season ?

Can't help but fear the worst for Vaughan after that interview. I reckon the club would have put a positive spin on it if it was anything but his ACL.

Other than that, a positive interview and it's good to hear from Karen on what her role is and what she's been doing since taking up the position.

Yeah, the lack of any kind of mitigating "but it might not be as bad as first feared..." statement really doesn't bode well there. Presumably there's a wait on MRI results or whatever to confirm the full extent but that's not good news at all, to say the least. 

There's no need for this doom-laden talk of immediate retirement, though. Vaughan's under contract for another three years. Plenty time to focus on just getting well without fearing about his job at this stage. 

Absolutely heart sick for the guy though, if indeed it is another really long spell out.